Thread: Latest Speed Cameras

Banned
    Thanks

Default Latest Speed Cameras

Hi can some maybe send me a pm on where i can find a reliable source for the latest tom om speedcameras.
    Sorry if this is against the rules
    Appreciated

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Its getting that way now in NSW, fixed cameras are the least of your problems with the use of private contractors setting up portable units.
    Fortunately so far they tend to reuse the same locations in my general area most of the time as do the Police when doing Breathalyser stops but you never now when they may be set up happily snapping away.

Now it seems we're now getting visits from the Bathust Council owned vehicle fitted with the number plate recognition equipment checking on the parking areas so you cant win, can you?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Now it seems we're now getting visits from the Bathust Council owned vehicle fitted with the number plate recognition equipment checking on the parking areas so you cant win, can you?
    And what is the Council going to do if they find a Unregistered Vehicle or Vehicle that has a Registered Owner with a Warrant?
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Not much I would say ?? Victoria Police have that job here.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

They'll probably pass it on to the cops.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have no idea exactly under what conditions the Council Parking system works under other than to patrol the street but I dont know if the Council reads the Data and issues the notices themselves or if they send it to the State Road Authority who do it the same as the notices the Police issue.
    One thing that would surprise me is that these Parking notices arent linked into the State Debt Recovery system that allows the State to pursue the Parking fines and if you dont pay, they can cancel any and all permits and licenses issued by the State and by all I mean Driving, Boating, Fishing, Hunting, Registration of any form of Vehicle and Gun permits.
    This had led to a few being stopped during Roadside Breathalyser Tests and when their license is checked and found to have been cancelled from unpaid penalties, ended up costing heaps more in Fines.

As Fixed or Portable Speed Cameras, Council parking patrols dont actually deal with the 'offence' in real time, detecting dodgy plates (stolen or Out of Rego) would possibly just add to the Penalty's imposed but where the plates have been reported Stolen, they cant issue a fine to an unknown user/address can they.

The local paper has reported more than a few people have run foul of these Number Plate readers fitted in all Highway Patrol vehicles now detecting stolen or unpaid Rego and in most cases, the Driver has never held a license, been Suspended and more than one is over the 0.05 limit as well.
    While gear is expensive to begin with, over the long term it should reap lots in revenue and more than pay for itself.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

They probably do it just for Parking Fines and other second tier Fines that are Council related.
    Although if they were to Clamp the car, that would bring up another set of rules and problems.

Anyway, the OP wants to know about Speed Camera locations.
    They are......

EDIT: I just noticed all those threads with downloads have been deleted, no doubt why you asked.
    Maybe someone can PM them to you or just go to a GPS only forum.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 22-12-14 at 11:07 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

You can grab the latest official speed cameras from or . Currently 25th February 2015

On both sites you will most likely need to register to see the download links. If you aren't already a memeber and logged in