Thread: Another interesting bit of news

Thanks

Default Another interesting bit of news

what do you think?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Ive always had a gut feeling, no matter what everyone thought about Russia's military might decreasing after its fall that its secret military research continued.

No physical harm was done with the test, however it seriously psychologically stuffed up a few yanks who thought they were going to die then and there.

Russia's just letting them know the super power games not quite over yet, better get back further into international waters.

I vaguely remember from decades ago of articles talking about this ability to shut down electronic devices and that some Russian planes used gear with the old ancient valve type electronics to avoid it effecting them, it was a very long time ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

I think despite being a questionable act from the russians, it is quite good the the US military got a reminder that they are in fact not god...
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Premium Member

Thanks

Nice to see someone has some tricks up their sleeve, guess some of the younger generation American sailors cracked up when their iphones stopped working.

Interesting article.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Hope the new jets Australia ordered have not got the same electronics, as they were supposed to track about 10+ planes at the same time!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Hope the new jets Australia ordered have not got the same electronics, as they were supposed to track about 10+ planes at the same time!
    Thats the idea, the more complex and advanced the system is, the easier it is for them to knock it out.

I wonder if it can knock out a threat aircrafts whole electronic system, all the fly by wire etc and have them drop out of the sky?

If so, there will also be some worried US pilots.

Anyone know how it works? Static? EMF?

Thanks

I've copied the whole article, makes interesting reading...

← Russia to Build Own Space Station?
    Lada Ray’s PROJECT EARTH SHIFT Preview →
    Mystery Revealed: What frightened the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea?

Nov 19

Posted by Lada Ray
    Sergio says: Dear Lada, I found this article on: What frightened the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea? . Did you know of this and do you have any comments. Thanks, Sergio.

Thank you, Sergio, for an interesting link and question. Yes, I have lots to say on this. There were some materials in the Russians press, although this information was diligently covered up and suppressed in the US and West in general.

USS donald cook

Quote from the article in Voltairenet.org: “The State Department acknowledged that the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized ever since their vessel was flown over in the Black Sea by a Russian Sukhoi-24 (Su-24) fighter jet which carried neither bombs nor missiles but only an electronic warfare device.

On 10 April 2014, the USS Donald Cook entered the waters of the Black Sea and on 12 April a Russian Su-24 tactical bomber flew over the vessel triggering an incident that, according to several media reports, completely demoralized its crew, so much so that the Pentagon issued a protest [1].

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawkmissiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta [2], contained a Russian electronic warfare device called Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up – or about to be – with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft – unarmed – repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.”

The above description is accurate. You can read more, find some relevant videos and pics at Voltairenet.org.

So what happened in the Black Sea?

Mystery revealed:

Note, I am not a military or tech expert, so I will leave this part for others to spell out. What I will do for you is demystify the sequence and logic of the events in the grand-chess-board, geopolitical sense.

The US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq in 2003 was supposed to culminate in the invasion of Iran. The USA’s plan, as revealed by General Wesley Clark in 2007, was to invade 7 Middle Eastern countries, Iran being the biggest prize. See more about that in: Vladimir Putin’s Message: Part 2.

Russia obviously couldn’t allow the US to take over the entire Middle East, thus creating an area of permanent instability in its unprotected south, or what is called ‘Russia’s soft underbelly.’ Ever since a clandestine battle raged between the US and Russia in which Russia protected Iran, while US tried to invade it. In mid-2000s, the US planned to attack Iran using its navy. The US navy fleet is certainly the most powerful in the world, both in terms of sophistication and sheer numbers.

The Iranian navy wouldn’t be a match for it, and although of course much more sophisticated, neither would Russian. Having been out of circulation in the 1990s, the Russian navy fleet lost the edge it enjoyed during Soviet days. Restoring the above-water fleet was a very expensive and lengthy proposition. Precious time was lost and trying to simply catch up would be risky for Russia. But Russia had advantages in other areas, one of them being submarines, much more sophisticated than those of the US. Another area was the secret Russian electronic weapon capable of jamming the most sophisticated American military electronics, thus rendering the entire giant US fleet useless. These relatively inexpensive but elegant solutions put Russia at an advantage over the USA.

Russia warned the US about the new weapon. After a few discreet demos, the US got the message and was convinced sufficiently to reconsider the Iran navy attack plan. If you recall, the constant talk about the Iran attack somehow subsided by 2008. Russians, as is typical of them, never said a word about what was happening behind the scenes. If the tables were turned and it were Americans who prevented a war against Iran (yeah, right, keep dreaming…), they would have been trumpeting that achievement forever, and they would certainly have never allowed Iran to forget the favor. Nobel Peace Prizes would certainly be awarded, and so on.

Putin and Lavrov prevented the US invasion of Syria last year, and saved Iran from the invasion more than once, to name just a few. Where is the Nobel Peace Prize? Where is the well-deserved praise? A little difference between Russians and Americans (EU too), and food for thought…

So, by 2008, the talk of the US navy attacking Iran subsided. Instead, a very interesting thing happened. On August 8, 2008, on the day of the opening of the Beijing Olympics, Saakashvili of Georgia attacked the break-away republic of South Ossetia, killing in the process several Russian peacekeepers. The attack followed a visit to Georgia by Condoleezza Rice. We all know how this story ended – or do we?

The Western media was howling for two years non-stop about the Russian aggression against the poor little Georgia. Russia had the so-called 4-day war with Georgia, which in Russia was referred to as a minor peacekeeping operation. During a short incursion into the Georgian territory, Russian army destroyed the airfield full of the American hardware and the Poti port through which the American military brought in more hardware and supplies into Georgia.

Why would the US do that you ask? The value of Georgia was in its proximity to Iran. Having been told not to use its fleet, the US was implementing plan B: attempting to attack Iran through the unsinkable carrier called Georgia. By destroying the hardware and port, Russia destroyed the US plans to attack Iran yet again!

You can read all about this interesting story, plus my detailed analysis, in my article: Striking Geopolitical Similarities: Georgian War – Beijing2008 and Ukraine – Sochi2014. In this article, published on March 2, 2014, you will also find some of my earliest predictions about Ukraine and Russia, most of which have already come true.

The above tells us that among other goals, in Ukraine the US is also pursuing the possibility of a revenge for the past Iran and Georgia fiascos.

By 2014 USA’s memory started failing again and they needed a reminder that Russians weren’t joking about their capability to disable the entire American fleet. When USS Donald Cook entered the Black Sea, Russians decided to send such reminder via a SU-24 demo. This was also a warning not to get any ideas about interfering in the Crimea, which was about to have a referendum to secede from Ukraine. Similarly, the US and their allies were warned not to try an armed invasion of Ukraine via the Odessa or Nikolaev ports.

I said in one of the early articles related to Ukraine that Russia’s defence capability is now back to optimal after the lapses of the 1990s. It is interesting that US/EU/NATO seem to keep being extremely surprised about that. Still, the US sense of self-preservation is legendary. This is why (as I said in my Predictions) the US would never dare attack Russia directly. And this is why they will always try to use proxies such as the Kiev junta or Saakashvili to provoke Russia.

That said, much of what the US is doing today is payback to Russia for past humiliations. Of course these are humiliations they brought upon themselves. As they say in Russia: ‘don’t dig a grave for someone else, you’ll end up in it yourself.’

Going back to my Predictions, I also said that due to Russia’s unique nature and character, she can bounce back from any adversity much faster than any other country, thus always surprising the attacker. This is why it’s futile to try to invade Russia. In this case, Russians wisely and very discreetly taught Americans a lesson they aren’t likely to forget. This one episode may have stopped the direct military Western interference in Ukraine.

Incidentally, the pilots of that SU-24 are true heroes. One needs nerves of steel and true heroism to go unarmed against a huge, armed to the teeth, American destroyer. Of course, some good Russian technology always helps.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humax300 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (23-12-14),Onefella (23-12-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Russian propaganda, nothing more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Russian propaganda, nothing more
    Actually American propaganda.

Might be a good enough reason for a few more billion in military spending via congress.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

admin (24-12-14),Tiny (23-12-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

Might be a good enough reason for a few more billion in military spending via congress.

Absolutely, they have & we need.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Time for some game theory.

If you're the captain on this vessel, what would you do?
    Panic? That doesn't sound like trained US officers.

If I'm the captain, knowing you're a sitting duck won't install any confidence, and over reacting showing you're scared by running is even worse.
    When you're sitting at the poker table with a handful of shit and all the chips are down.... bluffing is the only way to win or rather not loose your dignity.
    Now, if I know I'm down, I'm going to collect as much information as I can and taunt my enemy into showing all of his cards.

If I'm the pentagon, I'm either going to under play the success if not completely suppress it.
    Or, if it was a failure, I'm going to want my enemy to think that he had devastating effect when in reality it had no or little effect.

Which of these seems more likely?

Most people reading this have some basic technology skills so think of it like this.
    I drive a truck down your street and do the exact same thing to you house.
    Lets assume I have an unlimited budget.... how did I do this to your house and all the electronics inside it?
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Empg

Thanks

+1 they only let out information that they deem advantageous, either of them
    woteva

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omega99 For This Useful Post:

admin (24-12-14),Godzilla (24-12-14)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

First up, we would need to know if it is even true. Personally, I would think its unlikely.

Either way, I dont have much sympathy with the US or the West for what they have done by meddling in the Ukraine and then imposing measures which do nothing except cause misery for Russian citizens who are the innocent party.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Thats very possible and good thinking. American defense spending is very heavily scrutinised these days and realistically, they need new "events" to get congress to approve more funds.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

While I dont doubt each side tries to aggravate the other and are constantly prodding and poking to find weakness's one thing about this story has me curious and that is 'WHO TOLD?'
    If the story came from the Russians, maybe they assumed they had caused a failure in the US ships electronics or maybe the Yanks turned it off to give such an impression, who knows.
    I cannot see the US Navy 'tweeting' to the world in general 'Guess what Bro, all our defense electronics were zapped by a Russian Fighter today'.
    For the same reason I cannot see Moscow saying anything either or posting an address to email the russiannavy@thekremlin.com.ru for frequencies and details to do your own 'outages' of US Naval vessels......
    Nor can I see a crew member blabbing because they would be facing a very long time counting the rivets in a cell door in a military prison waiting to be shot (if they bothered prosecuting) for Treason.
    Seeing the US Destroyer was in the Black Sea the chances they would be 'buzzed' by a Russian Fighter would be guaranteed just the same as a Russian Warship Ship would be if it was between say Florida and Cuba.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 24-12-14 at 12:59 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!