Thread: AV to USB adaptor for a Galaxy Tab3 ?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default AV to USB adaptor for a Galaxy Tab3 ?

The Tab is a 10 inch model GT-P5210 and according to the pathetic manual, the USB connector is labeled as a 'Multi Purpose' Jack' but thats all it says.
    What I wanted is a way to connect an AV source like a camera or other devise that has RCA type connectors to it but how?
    Is there an adapter/connector/cable with a USB one end and RCA type AV connectors on the other available?

The supplied USB cable is one of those almost flat type USB connector that seems to be used on Tablets and Mobiles now rather than the older more rectangular ones.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Most cameras use USB and not AV , so you would plug in to a cheap Samsung to USB adaptor such as the one in the link.

Presuming you have an older camera, maybe something like this.

I have never used either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

I guess he wants to be able to use the video source and not just access the file system.
    AFAIK Android does not really offer a lot of drivers to support a direct video input.
    The only camera solution I am aware of is to use WiFi security cams, the play store has several programs for that purpose.
    If AV out from the phone is wanted you will only be able to get a HDMI output on some phone models with a special "USB" cable to connect a HDMI lead to it.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

One idea I had was to use the tablet as a 'monitor' to test my Rear View Cam that has stopped working.
    I installed the camera ages ago and it is connected by a lead to the Rear View mirror but all I am getting at the moment is a Blue Screen and to eliminate whats gone wrong, I thought I could use the Tablet as a defacto Monitor.
    Unfortunately I have to go to the car to do any testing obviously due to the way its installed so the only item I have with an AV input is a 17inch Flat screen TV.
    I have partially checked out the connections and they appear secure but not the power supply to both parts which is next, then hook the camera to a screen and if that works, then work out how to check to see if the mirror is working.

As the Tablet has its own internal battery would save me having to run a power lead to the car if I used a TV to check out the camera.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 26-12-14 at 04:55 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!