Thread: Funny accent suddenly appears on my GO720

Thanks

Default Funny accent suddenly appears on my GO720

This concerns my recent Australia map update. Sorry I don't have the map number at the moment, I'm not near the car, tomtom etc.

I have a GO720 and recently updated maps etc. It's been set to the Kate voice since I started with it some years ago. In recent weeks the accent for spoken street names has gone funny.

I noticed it when in Queenbeyan and the route took me onto Old Cooma Road. The normal Kate voice was still there for commands, but the street name had changed to a Yorkshire-like accent and came out as Orld Cuma Roard, with Cooma rhyming with the oo of 'book' instead of 'zoom, room' etc.

I changed the tomtom to another voice and that voice pronounced it the weird way as well. Both voices give commands like 'turn right' etc in their normal voice. This leads me to think that the map coding is to blame, not the voices.

Any ideas anyone?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

Street names are embedded within the map, sometimes TT has simply no clue if the spelling is correct as noone will check all possible combinations.
    Only way to rectify is by sending a detailed meassage to the TT support so it can be fixed in a later map.
    You can try over map share as well but not sure under what category...
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder