Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Earths Hidden Twin

Thanks

If you adjust your telescope correctly you can see a great big EYE out in space staring back at you.

Holy shit!!!

Refraction & Diffraction can make some funky things appear in places they shouldn't be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Google has a car that captures 360 degree 20Mpixel images, yet somehow NASA will only have 1 camera on the space probe. I don't think so. I'd think if I was spending millions to send up a space probe, I'd be putting more than 1 camera on it.
    so why then haven't the mars probes on their way to mars not taken any photo's during transit between the two planets (earth to mars), is it because they wouldn't take the photo's or they couldn't take photo's?

we've all seen plenty of pix taken once the probes (the surveyors and landers) have reached their pre-determined destinations whether in orbit around or on the surface of mars.

I'm aware of only one camera on board the mars landers and this would be neatly tucked away during transit phase until its reached the destination, this way the camera couldn't be damaged during transit by particles in space, and further to this the logistics needs to be given carefull consideration as well, if there are to be more than one camera, such as extra weight for payload purposes, extra space required in the probe to house the extra equipment, you have to keep in mind that space agencies keep their payloads to an absolute minimum and thats because of the considerable resources that are required just to get the payloads out of earths gravity in the first instance!!

But its ok for the Google car which captures 360degree photos of 20mega pixels that doesn't have these constraints with leaving the earths gravity to contend with does it......
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biggeorge View Post
    If you adjust your telescope correctly you can see a great big EYE out in space staring back at you.

Holy shit!!!

Refraction & Diffraction can make some funky things appear in places they shouldn't be.
    so are you saying that all of these astronomers both professional & amateur, who recorded seeing something they could not easily explain

Gian Domenico Cassini - 1662
    James Short - 1740
    Andraes Mayer - 1759
    Joseph-Louise Lagrange -1761
    Jacques Montainge -1761
    Redner of Coppenhagen - 1761
    Roedkier - 1764
    Christian Horrebow - 1768
    Edward Emerson Barnard -1892

were seeing was refraction & diffraction, these funky things in places where they shouldn't be

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

And you're saying they were infallible ?

Everybody makes mistakes, but even smart people are sometimes not smart enough to see it, or admit to it, and then there are those who continue to believe the error even after it has long since been corrected.

There is also the chance that something has been overlooked. But the onus is on evidence being supplied, not because speculation can be so easily generated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    And you're saying they were infallible ?

Everybody makes mistakes, but even smart people are sometimes not smart enough to see it, or admit to it, and then there are those who continue to believe the error even after it has long since been corrected.

There is also the chance that something has been overlooked. But the onus is on evidence being supplied, not because speculation can be so easily generated.
    There's been no suggestion these guys are infallible or fallible.........

but it is amazing how readily prepared mainstream are to reject a notion that an enigma (if I can call it that) may possibly exist that doesn't or won't fit into mainstreams conpartments or will not fit mainstreams view of history or how these enigmas cannot be satisfactorily explained or goes against the grain of what academia tries to us.

Thanks

It's easily rejected not because everybody is light headed, it's easily rejected because there was never any substance presented in the first place.

Ludicrous theories are even more quickly dispatched than weak theories which require at least some thought to debunk.

If you present a well thought out case to the forum, you may find that most of us will respond with the full use of our brains rather than the little bit at the base of which we use for debunking (The Amygdala Oblongata).

You asked; "Is this beyond the bounds of the probable?"
    The answer was No. (no, it is not probable and in this solar system it's not even possible.)

Did you want us to tell you the truth or just the answer you wanted to hear ?

Science is all about discovering new things, I know you've learnt at least two things from it. Earth's pseudo second moon and resonant orbits.

Lets see if we can learn some more stuff.

I can also think of two points in space relative to the Earth's position and orbit which are gravitational wells where asteroids could become trapped.
    Unfortunately, both are within line of sight of the Earth and anything as big as a planet would not only be very obvious, but would also gravitationally destablise the very existance of such a well.

If you like the idea of all these strange places in space or the existance of hidden planets and moons, might I suggest that you download one of the many gravitiational simulators and attempt to generate a stable solar system that has the nine known planets in the current configuration and then add in an extra planet in Earth orbit 180 degrees out of phase.

Hell there are some fun things you can do with gravity simulators. My favourite was creating a planet with a square orbit !

Thanks

Hi every1,

The whole Planet X thing relied on unexplained purturbations in Neptune's orbit. Last I heard we were still finding REALLY big objects in Kuiper Belt. There are probably millions of these large objects out there *shrug*.

On an entirely different topic...calculating ANY object's orbit is problematic since it involves solving a many-body problem...and as such can only be *reliable* with multiple observations over long periods of time and even then they are stochastic...

Cheers,

CZ.

Thanks

I can't even spell stochastic let alone pronouce it !

Sounds like you might want to sell us some stocks or futures shares in undiscovered planetoids ?

Thanks

Very interesting thread. But I think its only a myth. If there was something we would have seen it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

This isn't like that Nibiru BS from Zachariah Sitchin is it?

Thanks

Beats me, but anybody with a name like Zachariah Sitchin obviously has "issues".

Thanks

Sitchin is the not very bright fellow that predicts an encounter with the non existent planet Nibiru in 2012 predicting the end of the world etc. You know, the usual conspiracy theory sort of thing.

Thanks

Default Evidence

If this Hidden twin earth exists?
    I want to know where is the evidence, as trash has stated, the gravatational turbulence of a second planet in earth orbit would cause Mars' orbit to be non eliptical. which means that the Mars Rover would have missed the planet by a million miles.

osci are you seriously suggesting that I believe that the possibility exists, without any confirmable empirical evidence. Mate your dreaming. I think you should keep reading SciFi and leave reality alone.
    Sextus Empiricus advises that we should suspend judgment about virtually all beliefs, that is, we should neither affirm any belief as true nor deny any belief as false.

Pyrrho stated that "nothing is in itself true or false. It only appears so. In the same way, nothing is in itself good or evil. It is only opinion, custom, law, which makes it so."

Thanks

In this day and age with our present technology, any Earth size planet in the solar system would have been detected. There's nowhere for it to hide.

Thanks

i have investigated this phenomenon and can undoubtably confirm that there is indeed an Earth twin orbiting our sun.
    topic closed.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

interesting stuff guys. isnt an asterroid coming very close to us in 2029 ?

Thanks

Yes, but by that time they will have the phase cannons installed on the International Space Station and between the two earths we'll be able to blast the sucker out of the way, whichever one it decides to try and annihilate.

Thanks

ill be still alive in 2029 as long as i dont get cancer or nothing, will you be biggeorge ?

Thanks

i wouldnt worry too much folks, remember we have Bruce Willis on hand.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

hahha i fkn love that movie

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast