Thread: SatKing Decoder DVBS-HD600CA sound problem on some FTA Intelsat 19 channels

Thanks

Default SatKing Decoder DVBS-HD600CA sound problem on some FTA Intelsat 19 channels

I have the SatKing Decoder DVBS-HD600CA model and when watching some FTA Greek channels on Intelsat 19 I get no sound.
    A friend with the same receiver has the same no sound problem on some channels.
    The channel with no sound on both HD600 receivers is 4e (a FTA religious station from TVPLUS) Freq 12286 H 28800 3/4
    in November 2014 the sound was fine but in the last month nothing, on my mothers Strong 4930 the sound is fine.
    Another channel with no sound again from TVPLUS is Euronews, this was working fine and now no sound but again on the strong no problems
    Euronews is at 12526 H 30000 3/4, but on this same frequency the Platinum Plus Movie channel again from TVPLUS the sound is fine on the HD600 receiver.
    Phoenix has no new firmware for their receivers and say they cant help us, has anyone found a fix for the sound on this Phoenix receiver?

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

The Greek channel you mention, and Euronews, are both AAC audio.

Platinum Plus is MPEG audio.

The Strong 4930 can decode AAC, providing it has the latest firmware update.

According to the 600CA manual, it also is capable of decoding AAC.

There is, however, a firmware update for the 600CA on the Satking site:

As usual with Satking, there is no explanation of the purpose of this update, but it’s possible that it may relate to the AAC decoding – as was the case with the Strong update.

If you haven’t already installed this update, it might be worth a shot – instructions for installation are on the same Satking page.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (03-01-15),mtv (04-01-15)

Thanks

Default Thala Dan Thank You so much

You have made it all very clear Thanks for your help and I will try that update.
    As you say Satking don't tell you anything about what the update firmware is a fix for.
    Strong has very good customer support, when I tell them my problem they always come back to me in a day or two.
    Chris.

Thanks

600CA update on the web site wont work.

just hope they fix it.

try another receiver.

strong is a quit fix.
    Last edited by gin; 04-01-15 at 01:30 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gin For This Useful Post:

chris777b (07-01-15)

Thanks

I have the exact same problem with no audio on these channels using a Healing HHS242 receiver.

I posted over on the vetrun forums and was told that it is a chipsets/software bug that causes audio decoding problms on receivers with specific chipsets. Some can be fixed by a firmware upgrade. So checking with the manufacturer. I've emailed Healing for my decoder to see if there is an update but as yet have had no reply.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Greg For This Useful Post:

chris777b (07-01-15)

Thanks

Default also can confirm that Healing HHS242 receiver has same problem with audio

Guy across the road has the Healing HHS242 (from Radio Parts Group in Melbourne)
    Has the exact same Sound problem with AAC.
    Also emailed Healing about it on his behalf, if they get back to me before you I will post their reply here.
    Also just to update that I had no luck with the Satking firmware from their website.
    Still waiting for Satking (Phoenix) in Melbourne to get back to me.

Thanks

Chris,

I have a Satking DVBS-250S2A - a predecessor of your 600CA, and just one evolutionary step above a crystal set.

When I'm not using it as a door-stop in the shed, it sits on an unused outlet of a multiswitch, and acts as an on-line monitor when I'm fooling around.
    It used to receive the audio on all of the channels that you mentioned in your original post.

After reading your post, I went out and checked - sure enough, audio had disappeared from all the offending channels.
    I installed a software update for that box from the Satking website but, like you, no luck.

I can't complain, because the spec for this beast doesn't mention AAC - so I guess it's a case of "what you see is what you get".

But in your case, the spec for the 600CA, according to the on-line manual, clearly states:

Audio decompression: MPEG-1 Layer I/II, MPEG-2 Layer I/II, AAC, HE-AAC Level 2 & 4

If the 600CA can’t decompress AAC, then it obviously hasn’t read its own operating manual.

If all else fails, and you can’t resolve the matter, then I second @gins suggestion above.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

chris777b (07-01-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris777b View Post
    Guy across the road has the Healing HHS242 (from Radio Parts Group in Melbourne)
    Has the exact same Sound problem with AAC.
    Also emailed Healing about it on his behalf, if they get back to me before you I will post their reply here.
    I emailed Healing AU Melbourne (AKA Laceys TV) before Christmas. No reply so called them on the number listed on the web site. Was told technical support was closed over Christmas till 5th January. Emailed them again on the 6th. Still no reply. If I get a reply I'll post here as well. I'll wait a few more days and if no reply i'll probably have to end up phoning them again.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Greg For This Useful Post:

chris777b (08-01-15)

Thanks

Default Fix for sound found for healing receiver

Hi Greg,
    Peter Lacey replied back to me with a firmware update for the Healing HHS242 receiver, I have applied the fix to my friends receiver and all is good with the sound now.

go to this Google drive page to get a copy of the firmware

up the top of the Google drive page use the downward pointing arrow to download the zip file
    unzip the file and put it onto a blank usb flash drive
    -------------------below is the email as peter sent to me. please read and follow.

We have loaded and tested this update this afternoon and note that the Audio now runs on TV Plus 4E and RTS. It seems quite stable although it has only been briefly tested.

A common USB key is required, they can be bought for less that $4. from Office works.

It is not a large file, less than 3mb.

As the file is executable and many devices consider such a virus, it must be unzipped before use.

Copy the file to your USB key. Once unzipped, simply plug your USB key into the receiver and it should automatically be found. Select Menu / System / Software Update / USB Upgrade and follow the prompts to complete.

It is vital that the receiver not be switched off during the Upgrade Process. Progress and Completion are indicated on screen.

Check firmware version in Menu / System / Information, after update it should be 1.01.25

This firmware update was necessary because the PSI/SI (PCR PID) of the programs concerned is abnormal. As such it is not be considered a warranty claim.

I hope this fixes the issue, it was a little more drawn out than it could have been because of the holiday season. Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Peter Lacey
    Managing Director
    -------------------------

Thanks to Peter Lacey for his help with this.
    Sorry to say that Phoenix (Satking) still has no firmware fix for the 600Ca receiver.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris777b For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (13-01-15),silverbak (19-03-16),Thala Dan (13-01-15)

Thanks

Good on you Chris - that's half the problem fixed at least - and kudos to Peter Lacey for responding in a positive and helpful manner.

Unfortunately, if my experience with Phoenix apropos Satking is any indication, you may well be in for a long wait to fix the other half.

Seems to me that if the 600CA cannot perform in accordance with its own specification, that a refund might be in order? Good luck with that one

Notwithstanding the commendable assistance you've received from Peter Lacey, it seems strange that Healing consider the PCR PID to be abnormal, yet my Strong SRT4930 and SRT4922 don't see it that way.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

chris777b (14-01-15),silverbak (19-03-16)

Thanks

Default no hope for the SatKing HD600CA

After a long talk with staff from Pheonix Melbourne today
    there is no hope that the SatKing HD600CA receiver will get a firmware upgrade that can fix the AAC Sound problem
    The Chipset just does not support AAC sound decoding so a firmware update to fix this will not work.
    So in the end what is written on the 600CA Box and in the specs means nothing.

The only thing Phoenix is able to offer us is to hand over our receiver and an amount of money, not yet decided
    but around $50 to $60 and they will give us another Mpeg 4 receiver I think its called the X3 that can decode the AAC Sound

Pheonix say they will take a loss to do this, also they have 7000 boxes of 600CA receivers in their warehouse, its not a 100% loss on all 7000 units.
    About a 1/3 of sales for this model go to people who need to pick up the 4e and euronews and other Greek FTA channels that are now affected by the AAC sound issue

I will take the offer from Phoenix when I get down there next time and test the X3 receiver and let everyone on the forum know the results.
    So all take note that what is written on a satellite receiver box is not always true.

Anyway Phoenix staff have been honest and happy to help us out on this matter, in the end they do not control what TVPlus does with its channels.
    we live and learn.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris777b For This Useful Post:

silverbak (19-03-16),Thala Dan (20-01-15)

Thanks

Sorry to hear that's how it's worked out, Chris, but can't say I'm that surprised. Sounds like Phoenix have at least tried to reach a reasonable compromise.

Satking make a great VAST box - I have two and am very happy with them.

Their multiswitch and LNBs seem to work fine also.

But I have a number of other pieces of Satking equipment, and the less said about them the better.

Sounds like Phoenix are going to have heaps of fun with those 7,000 HD600CA's

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

chris777b (20-01-15)

Thanks

sounds like, its all working fine I hear.