Thread: prices and brands for Dual output LNB's.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default prices and brands for Dual output LNB's.

The neighbour I recently bought 2 VAST decoders for may have a problem with the LNB's currently in use where he wants to put them.
    He has 2 dishes on his house, one was installed by Austar some years ago and the other for VAST as part of the changeover from Aurora.
    One dish he said was used by Austar but the service was cancelled at least 4 years ago and he is sure neither the LNB was changed or the Decoder upgraded when AUSTAR 'went Digital' during the big changeover but he said when he tried to connect the new VAST decoder to it, it gives him an 'error message' which I havent seen yet so we are wondering if the LNB is the older 10.300 type.

I am going to have a look Sunday afternoon.

The other dish is located at lady friends place not far from him but neither he or she has any idea when it was used last but suspects it too may be an older 10.300 type LNB.

I looked on Ebay and was blown away by an Australian company selling Dual out Sharp brands for $139 EACH but it is Free Postage !!!!
    SHARP quad outputs selling for $49 each so this price of $139 is unbelievable to the extreme.
    I found another selling Satking dual outs for $35 each which is far more sensible in price at least.
    I would prefer to use the Sharp brand but not at that bloody ridiculous price so I am asking about the Satking ones as I know nothing about them and would appreciate any thoughts on the brand please.

Because the LNB on his old Austar dish is a single ouptput, he could go for another single but You never know if the dual type may be needed in time and my attitude is to put in the Dual and cable now to 'future proof' it.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 17-01-15 at 05:51 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

keep looking Gordon, you can pickup the Sharp Dual output for $50 - $60.

I'd want 2 for $130
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Here you go Gordon.

$33.50 + P&H Buy it now price.

or $66 + P&H
    Last edited by Tiny; 17-01-15 at 07:19 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (18-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Gordon,

Satking dual lnb available here:

and here:

I’m using a Satking dual on VAST, and another on a separate dish on D2 – been on duty for about 15 months now, and no problems. Did some checks swapping with a Strong dual a while back, and no discernable difference in performance.

Physically, the Satking differs from the Sharp and Strong in the same way– the two connectors are in a line parallel to the face of the dish on the Satking, as opposed to in a line towards the face of the dish on the Sharp and Strong. I have found that the Satking layout makes access to both connectors a little easier.

Other than that - six of one, half a dozen of t'other.

The crowd asking $139 for the Sharp is called “Mad Electronics” – might be something in the name

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (18-01-15)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Thanks to you both for the replies, very appreciated.
    I have seen Satking mentioned many times in the Satellite forums for decoders etc so I didnt doubt they are a reputable brand but I thought I would ask.

As I said earlier I am going to his place after 2pm to see just what 'error' message is being shown and then he/we can decide what needs to be done.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!