Thread: Space heaters for RV's. Campers etc.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Space heaters for RV's. Campers etc.

I have seen on US based shows a small small wall mounted heater (fuel unknown) that appears to be some 12 to 18 inches long (tubular shaped), maybe 6 inch in diameter (500mm X 150mm), and made of stainless steel, front glass panel and a stainless steel flexible flue venting the burnt 'gas' to the outside.
    The show I have seen them being used on is about people living in small places, either home built or commercially made caravans in size and I have been curious to what they burn and how good a heater they are and how safe they are.

I have done a 'Google' but so far I have found nothing similar to this one I have seen on TV.

How good and efficient any heater is depends on the area to be heated and how well insulated and draft free that space is to begin with.

I dont particularly want one but curious to know about them and are they available here and most importantly, HOW MUCH !!!
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 23-01-15 at 01:50 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->

Thanks

In the process of speccing a camper trailer at the moment myself and will be going with Webasto for space and water heating. Diesel fuel (which there'll be plenty of) and very low consumption. Been looking around $3k ish locally.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

What is the Show? SWMBO tends to watch a lot of Reno shows on $$$tel so she may know what you are talking of. (She's in hospital at the mo, or I'd ask her now)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

There's a couple on Foxtel but the one I mean is made in the USA called ''Tiny House Nation' on Foxtel Lifestyle channel 128, 8.30pm Tuesday night.
    There's another one called 'George Clarkson's Amazing spaces' made in the UK but I havent seen this type of heater in use there, mostly small free standing wood burners.
    The show each week deals with between 2 and 3 people who have built either mobile or stationary very small dwellings either in suburban or quite remote rural locations.
    Obviously the type and size of dwelling is governed by local Laws (if any) as well as the owners purse and requirements.

One thing seems clear regarding building laws is that so long as you put wheels under it, most cases it is exempt from them.

I just thought if this heater was good and because of its small size, it could be used in a shed or 'Man Cave' in the cooler climes areas.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!