Thread: Ness D8x doesn't act as expected on alarm trigger

Thanks

Default Ness D8x doesn't act as expected on alarm trigger

Hi all,

I have installed a Ness D8x in a storage area next to my parking space. I have the remote receiver option to arm/disarm with remote & serial interface for use with the iPhone app and for programming.

System is all hardwired sensors, 3x Quantum PIR and 2x vibration sensors, panel version 7.8.

1x PIR internally (instant,area1+home)
    1x PIR looking over car area (delay1,home)
    1x PIR mounted next to motorcycle (instant,area1+home)
    2x Vibration sensors on two separate fencing areas. (delay1,mediumlow,area1+home)

The issue i'm having is that when an alarm is triggered the beeper in the keypad (sonalert) continues to go off continually, even after the reset period (set to 1 minute). If i disable the alarm trigger for the sonalert on all the zones, then the beeper will not sound for the instant zones, but it will still sound for the vibration sensors no matter what i do. Furthermore, if i trigger the PIR over the car (on delay1) with the sonalert disabled for this sensor, its fine the first time, beeps during delay time then silent on alarm, but if you trigger a second time (after the reset period) it will continue to beep after the alarm trigger and the reset period for as long as you let it beep.

I have looked over the programming options (NessComms) and read through the manual a few times. I don't know if its a conflicting option somewhere, if that is just normal operation or what.

I'd appreciate any guidance or help on this because a beeping keypad for hours on end until i get down to the carpark in the morning isn't really something i want to keep happening.

Cheers.
    Last edited by cozzmo; 17-01-15 at 03:27 PM.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

HI

First are you a alarm tech?

Seconed best thing to do is Default whole system.Start again its not big
    Then see if you have problems....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techy21 View Post
    HI

I'm not an alarm tech, but i'm a tech person. I do component level electronics repairs on various equipment, so not a weekend DIY dabbler. My experience specifically with alarm systems though is limited.

Defaults is a good idea for sure, i haven't done that. Its probably something i should have done already. I'll look at that tomorrow. Hopefully the cat doesn't come back that set it off last night !

I assumed the panel was at factory defaults when i got it as it was brand new, but assumptions are the mother of all screw ups.

Thanks

HI

Mate with some of the questions you ask on a regular basis, we wonder this about you.

Thanks

HI

fmd, its taken me 20 mins to stop laughing. The blind leading the blind.

none of my comments are aimed at you cozzmo.

Thanks

OK i reset the panel to all options defaults (except user code and installer code), and it does the same thing. So i think its a 'feature', but to me it seems like its a bug/issue. Why would you want the keypad to keep beeping after the reset period is beyond me.

Thanks

Have you got any trouble codes?

Thanks

No errors that i'm aware of from the system. Being unfamiliar with the system i was not sure if this was normal operation or not. Can anyone confirm if this is normal operation?

Thanks

Hi Cozzmo

I am replying 2nd hand so hopefully this is making sense..

Quote Originally Posted by cozzmo View Post
    The issue i'm having is that when an alarm is triggered the beeper in the keypad (sonalert) continues to go off continually, even after the reset period (set to 1 minute).
    If the alarm is reset then the piezo, siren, strobe & sonalert must reset no matter what the reset time is programmed to.

If i disable the alarm trigger for the sonalert on all the zones, then the beeper will not sound for the instant zones, but it will still sound for the vibration sensors no matter what i do.
    If the keypad sonalert zones P56E are disabled, then yes there shouldn't be any sonalert output during an alarm. The vibration sensors are no different unless they have been programmed elsewhere like as & in monitor/home mode (P51) output P63E 3E or day mode (P53E) output P63E 7E.

Furthermore, if i trigger the PIR over the car (on delay1) with the sonalert disabled for this sensor, its fine the first time, beeps during delay time then silent on alarm, but if you trigger a second time (after the reset period) it will continue to beep after the alarm trigger and the reset period for as long as you let it beep.
    Very strange, not sure what he has done here, but the only thing that comes to mind for this one is the zones are not enabled as lockout zones P44E.

The zone may have been disabled in P44E lockout zones, hence why it is continuously beeping even after the panel has automatically been reset P29E.

Most control rooms are very anal about this & make sure before the account is put online that all zones are set for lockout.

P44E if the zone was enabled for lockout zones, then after the reset period if a zone is re-triggered again it is locked out (The siren is always locked out)

So then only the reset (PIEZO) output is locked out for that alarmed zone, until entering a valid code to reset the panel.

P45E area 1 & P46E area 2, area partitioning if being used, then disarming any area will only reset the zone lockout for both areas.

• The Following User Says Thank You to MCman For This Useful Post:

cozzmo (20-01-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MCman View Post
    Hi Cozzmo

I am replying 2nd hand so hopefully this is making sense..
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Hopefully i haven't confused things with some of my terminology.

If the alarm is reset then the piezo, siren, strobe & sonalert must reset no matter what the reset time is programmed to.
    To be clear, when i disarm the alarm either by the keypad or by remote, it does stop as it should, but after the reset period P29E which is set to "1", the sonalert doesn't.

If the keypad sonalert zones P56E are disabled, then yes there shouldn't be any sonalert output during an alarm. The vibration sensors are no different unless they have been programmed elsewhere like as & in monitor/home mode (P51) output P63E 3E or day mode (P53E) output P63E 7E.
    No sensors are setup in Day Mode, No P63E options set at all or 24 hour mode.

I have setup arming as such:

Area 1 - used when out during the day. 1 PIR that covers the car spot is not enabled for this mode.
    Home - used when home at night. All sensors.

I gather from this that having sensors (including vibration sensors) setup in Home Mode P51E changes their function and may be the cause of this issue.

Very strange, not sure what he has done here, but the only thing that comes to mind for this one is the zones are not enabled as lockout zones P44E.

The zone may have been disabled in P44E lockout zones, hence why it is continuously beeping even after the panel has automatically been reset P29E.

Most control rooms are very anal about this & make sure before the account is put online that all zones are set for lockout.

P44E if the zone was enabled for lockout zones, then after the reset period if a zone is re-triggered again it is locked out (The siren is always locked out)

So then only the reset (PIEZO) output is locked out for that alarmed zone, until entering a valid code to reset the panel.

P45E area 1 & P46E area 2, area partitioning if being used, then disarming any area will only reset the zone lockout for both areas.

P44E is enabled for all zones (default). This alarm is not monitored (never considered having it monitored).

Given this information, i will reconfigure to use Area 1 and Area 2 instead of Area 1 and Home and test again & report back.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Thanks

Okie dokie. Spent some time fiddling and either i've epically screwed something up (unlikely, but hey, i'm human) or there is something not right happening. Should add i don't have a piezo hooked up at all at this point in time, hopefully the alarm doesn't detect that and THAT is causing this issue, only just thought of that.

All programming being done via NessComms 5.6.0.0 but i have also on occasion checked to ensure certain options are set manually with the keypad just in case something funny was going on with using NessComms.

I've gone back to a totally default setup. All options default, all codes default, including delays and reset times.

The ONLY options i changed/set were the two vibration sensor zones to MediumLow.

It still runs the Sonalert after the reset time until a disarm code is put in.

Picture attached of my panel install, hopefully neat enough for you guys.

Last edited by cozzmo; 28-01-15 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks

Hi Cozzmo,

So yes, either sonalert stays as is and beeps until disarmed or is turned off under P56E then no sonalert at all.

It is done that way so if people set the panel or zone for a silent alarm, then it is silent OR if the panel is triggered then you will notice the moment you walk past the keypad, again reason is if someone has tampered with the siren cover then you may not realise the panel has been triggered