Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2015 Season

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

What did Beatie say?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    What did Beatie say?

Leroy
    DB: "Rossi has lost it, should retire, he will never win another race", or words to that effect.

get Daryl another hat to eat.

Awesome race, wow.

Loved Crutchlow's interview, "to those that gave up on me, thanks!"

Rossi;" I felt him (Marquez) touch me the first time, then again; I hope he is alright!"
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (20-04-15),ol' boy (20-04-15)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Also congrats to Jack (Miller)for first open bike home.
    I'm still spinning on the race at the front though, think I'll watch it again.

Edit: should mention a big for Marquez for being so humble;"When he caught me, we fought for a few corners and unfortunately we touched and I crashed. I've always said that he's my idol and my reference, so you always learn things from him. Now we have to think about Jerez and begin to recover points."

results.
    G.P. RED BULL DE LA REPÚBLICA ARGENTINAMotoGP Race Classification 2015

Termas de Río Hondo, Sunday, April 19, 2015
    Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
    1 25 46 ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 173.3 41'35.644
    2 20 4 ITA Ducati Team Ducati 172.9 +5.685
    3 16 35 GBR CWM LCR Honda Honda 172.7 +8.298
    4 13 29 ITA Ducati Team Ducati 172.7 +8.352
    5 11 99 SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 172.6 +10.192
    6 10 38 GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 171.9 +19.876
    7 9 41 SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 171.6 +24.333
    8 8 44 SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 171.4 +27.670
    9 7 45 GBR EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda 170.9 +34.397
    10 6 25 SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 170.9 +34.808
    11 5 9 ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 170.5 +40.206
    12 4 43 AUS CWM LCR Honda Honda 170.4 +42.654
    13 3 8 SPA Avintia Racing Ducati 170.4 +42.729
    14 2 76 FRA Athinà Forward Racing Yamaha Forward 170.3 +42.853
    15 1 6 GER Athinà Forward Racing Yamaha Forward 170.3 +43.037
    16 69 USA Aspar MotoGP Team Honda 170.3 +43.252
    17 50 IRL Aspar MotoGP Team Honda 170.3 +43.400
    18 63 FRA Avintia Racing Ducati 170.3 +43.808
    19 19 SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 170.2 +44.878
    20 33 ITA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 169.4 +56.236
    21 17 CZE AB Motoracing Honda 169.0 +1'03.371
    22 15 RSM Octo IodaRacing Team ART 168.6 +1'08.444
    Not Classified
    7 JPN Repsol Honda Team Honda 170.5 1 Lap
    93 SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 173.3 2 Laps
    68 COL Pramac Racing Ducati 170.6 19 Laps

Valentino Rossi gambled on the right tyre choice to take his 84th MotoGP™ victory as Marc Marquez crashed out of the race in Argentina.

As the MotoGP™ riders assembled on the grid for the Gran Premio Red Bull de la República Argentina conditions were similar to yesterday’s qualifying session, with bright sunshine and a track temperature of 37 degrees. There was some last minute drama before the riders set off on their sighting lap as Repsol Honda’s Marquez, along with CWM LCR Honda’s Cal Crutchlow, decided to switch to the hard compound rear tyre. This was in contrast to the Movistar Yamaha’s of Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo who went with the extra hard option, a decision that would prove to be crucial later on in the race as tyre-life would have a huge part to play at the Termas de Rio Hondo.
    Yamaha Factory Racing’s Managing Director Lin Jarvis reacts to the incident between Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez in Argentina. Rossi and Marquez came together with two laps remaining in an incident that saw the Repsol Honda rider crash out of the race, while Rossi went on to take his second victory of the 2015 MotoGP™ season.
    Lin Jarvis:
    “Unfortunately Marc made a mistake, well actually two mistakes, because after he was passed by valentine he tried to come back at him too soon and too aggressive. After the first touch I think he should have backed off a little bit, because clearly Valentino was faster at that stage of the race so to come back at him again and be too close, when vale turned in, sorry to say but that is Marc’s mistake.”
    Repsol Honda’s Team Principal Livio Suppo gives his thoughts on the clash between Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez in Argentina.

Rossi made contact with Marquez with only two laps remaining, resulting in the latter crashing out of the race. Race Direction later investigated the clash and declared it a racing incident, with nobody at fault.
    Livio Suppo:
    “As Race direction said it is a racing incident..it can happen, We knew that with the same tyre Valentino was faster, so the strategy I think was correct, the plan was to try and escape and then manage it until the end. The strategy worked until almost the end, but it is a pity we didn't see a good battle between Vale and Marc, but these things happen.”
    Movistar Yamaha MotoGP‘s Valentino Rossi reacts to his sensational victory in the Gran Premio de la República Argentina.

Starting from a less than perfect eighth position on the grid, Rossi was immediately in the middle of the pack fighting for first corner position. Taking a lap to find his rhythm he then started his move up the field, taking first Danilo Petrucci and then Aleix Espargarò to move into sixth. With 20 laps to go his teammate Lorenzo was next as the Doctor continued his charge towards the front.
    The next pack to be dispatched were Andrea Iannone, then Cal Crutchlow and finally Andrea Dovizioso to put the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider in second position. Rossi then had the seemingly impossible task of closing a gap of over four-seconds to leading rider Marc Marquez.
    The nine-time world champion then delivered a performance for the record books, putting the hammer down and cutting the lead lap by lap to reel Marquez in with just two laps remaining. A fast exchange of positions followed through turns two, three and four, with Rossi exiting turn five in the lead. In his rush to counter attack, Marquez then clipped Rossi‘s back wheel on the exit, crashing out of contention.
    Rossi‘s victory brings with it some incredible numbers, bringing Rossi‘s podium tally to 199, 110 of which are victories and 51 of those with Yamaha.
    The result puts him on 66 points at the top of the rider standings, six clear of Dovizioso in second. Movistar Yamaha MotoGP also lead the team standings on 103 points and Yamaha lead the constructors standings with 66 points.
    Valentino Rossi:
    “It's a great victory, we made the right decision and started with the extra hard tyre. When I saw Marc start with the red one I knew that he would try to push at the beginning. I made a great start but on the first corner Iannone pushed me on the outside. Step by step I came back, and when I arrived in second Marc had a little more than four-second lead. I knew the race was long, so I knew he could have some difficulty. Catching him lap by lap, I could see him far away but coming closer and closer, it was a great taste! I overtook him in braking, but he is a rider who is all or nothing, he touched me in the corner, then he touched me again as I was accelerating, I think he made a mistake and he crashed. It's a shame because it could have been a great fight on the last lap. In three races we have demonstrated we can be competitive everywhere and fight for the championship.”
    Repsol Honda Team rider leads Argentinian race from first lap until the penultimate, before crashing in collision with Valentino Rossi.

Marc Marquez crashed out with a lap and a half to go, when fighting for the win with Valentino Rossi. The Repsol rider had dominated the first half of the race, but later lost his lead and saw a collision with the Italian on the penultimate lap send him to the ground.
    Marquez started from pole position and quickly tried to establish a gap, opening a lead of four-seconds over second place. However, in the second half of the race he was unable to keep up the pace and Rossi - running a harder compound tire - caught up with him with three laps to go. One lap later he fended off a move from Rossi, but when Marquez tried to regain position from a second attempt he collided with his rival. The impact sent the reigning World Champion to the ground and ended his race prematurely.
    Marc Marquez:
    "It’s a shame what happened, because we were having a good race! It was interesting, because our tyre choice was different from Valentino’s as I felt we were not as competitive the harder compound. The strategy was working out well for us - it’s just a pity about the last two laps. When I saw that he was closing in on me, I decided to conserve the tyres a little. On the final laps I went back to riding in the low 1'39s to check that the tyres were still in good shape, and knew that we would be fighting to the end. When he caught me, we fought for a few corners and unfortunately we touched and I crashed. I've always said that he's my idol and my reference, so you always learn things from him. Now we have to think about Jerez and begin to recover points."
    Cal Crutchlow took an outstanding third place in Sunday’s Grand Prix of Argentina, to seal the CWM LCR Honda Team’s first podium since 2013.

With the sun breaking through the clouds as the riders sat on the grid, the British rider was left with a conundrum as to which rear tyre to use, eventually deciding to use the softer option available to him.
    This meant that despite running in second place behind Marc Marquez for much of the early laps, Crutchlow was forced to relinquish that spot as he conserved his tyres. He dropped as low as fifth at one point, but fought bravely to cling on to the Ducati of Andrea Iannone in front.
    As Marc Marquez crashed out of the race under pressure from Valentino Rossi, the CWM LCR Honda rider knew he still had a shout of a podium, and a stunning move through the final corner sealed third place to spark huge celebrations in the team pit.
    Cal Crutchlow:
    “We are so pleased to get the podium, when I get to come up here it’s usually because you’re going fast! The CWM LCR Honda Team did a great job, we worked so hard for the third spot. The plan was always to try and let Marc go at the start, hold the other guys up and then try to push at the end. I had a bad middle of the race though and the bike locked up a couple of times and I made a few mistakes, but I tried my best to hold onto some grip for the end, and it seemed to pay off! We would have been happy with fourth place, because that’s where we started. We got lucky though because Marc crashed, but ultimately we battled for it, so we deserve it.”
    Championship Standings. Current after this race.
    MotoGP World Standing 2015

Pos. Rider Bike Nation Points
    1 Yamaha ITA 66
    2 Ducati ITA 60
    3 Ducati ITA 40
    4 Yamaha SPA 37
    5 Honda SPA 36
    6 Honda GBR 34
    7 Yamaha GBR 28
    8 Suzuki SPA 22
    9 Yamaha SPA 15
    10 Suzuki SPA 15
    11 Ducati ITA 15
    12 Honda SPA 10
    13 Honda GBR 10
    14 Ducati SPA 8
    15 Ducati COL 6
    16 Honda AUS 6
    17 Honda JPN 5
    18 Honda USA 3
    19 Yamaha Forward FRA 2
    20 Yamaha Forward GER 1
    21 Aprilia SPA 1
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-04-15 at 07:31 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (20-04-15),Seymour Butts (20-04-15),weirdo (20-04-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

What did Beatie say?

Leroy
    And he said what Tiny mentions 18months ago!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    And he said what Tiny mentions 18months ago!
    When he was on a Ducati? He got them to try and change every part of that bike to suit his riding style, not adapt his riding style to the bike.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (21-04-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks

When he was on a Ducati? He got them to try and change every part of that bike to suit his riding style, not adapt his riding style to the bike.

Leroy
    He has been with Yamaha 3 seasons, 2013, 2014, 2015, Ducati was 2011 and 2012, you getting old Leroy, the years are passing you by

It was the start of the 2013 season, it was said after the opening race on ONE HD's coverage.
    Basically he said (after the question was posed), we will not see Valentino win another race, he might get the odd podium.
    He did say directly, Valentino will not win another race and will slowly slide down the pack.

Come 2015 has is the series leader by a good margin with 2 Race wins!

EDIT: I have looked on YouTube for the moment he said it, can not find it.
    But if i do, i will email it Daryl on his Adventure Ride web site
    Last edited by ol' boy; 21-04-15 at 11:09 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (21-04-15),Tiny (21-04-15)

Thanks

I lost a year!

Leroy

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (21-04-15)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Default Breaking news! - Nakamoto: “If we need him, Casey comes back next season”

4 Hours ago.

The Vice President of HRC discusses whether Casey Stoner could fill the injured Dani Pedrosa’s place in the Repsol Honda Team.
    When asked at a press conference at the Spanish GP if it was tough to say no to Stoner replacing Dani, Shuhei Nakamoto responded “I would like to see Casey fighting for the podium, but we don’t have time to prepare the team and everything”.
    Responding to questions on what would happen if Dani’s problems continue and whether Stoner could become an option, he replied: “Everything is possible, everything”, but the Vice President of HRC stressed that the plan is to continue with Hiroshi Aoyama.
    However, Nakamoto didn’t rule out Stoner for 2016: “Realistically if we need him, Casey comes back next season, not this season. We have no time”.
    When asked if he had any concerns about Stoner coming back sooner, but with another team, Nakamoto responded: “It doesn’t matter, this is a Honda decision”.

Cheers, Tiny

Seymour Butts (02-05-15)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

It's on again, Jerez - Spain.

Marquez racing this weekend with broken finger.

Marquez: “It hurts a lot but at least I can put in the laps”

Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez finished the first day of practice third overall in Jerez, despite his broken finger.
    In this morning’s FP1 session, Marc eased back into his rhythm as he adapted to riding with his injury – sustained in a training accident last Saturday. By this afternoon’s FP2 session, Marc was back in the groove and topped the time sheets for a good portion of the session. He improved his morning time by almost half a second and finished third for the day with 1’39.428 (lap 4/16).
    Marc Marquez:
    “We can be happy that my hand has responded quite well today - as well as could be expected. It hurts a lot but at least I can put in the laps. We’ll see if tomorrow it is better if it doesn’t swell up. As for the bike, I'm feeling pretty good with it and we are working well, but we need to improve some things - especially in the afternoon - when the track temperature rises. The race will be at this time, so we have to improve the setup accordingly.”

More news on the injury here;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Millers move to MotoGP a good move according to Magee.
    “He didn’t need to go through the chaos of Moto2, and I also believe he’s the type of rider that would really take a step up in his stride.
    “He’s doing roughly 100km/h more on long straights on a MotoGP bike compared to his old Moto3 bike. There’s a lot more consequences when you’re going that much faster.”
    Although it has taken Miller just three races to top his class, the Australian’s eyes remain fixed on putting his lesser bike inside the top 10.
    It’s a target that Magee believes is achievable.
    “I think that’s a realistic goal,” he said. “A wet race or other circumstance might dictate that he ends up on the podium before the end of the year. It wouldn’t surprise me if he did.”

Last edited by Tiny; 02-05-15 at 09:54 AM. Reason: missed quote
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (02-05-15),Seymour Butts (02-05-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yep, was a great watch yesterday, cant wait for today.
    Great track. Everywhere Slideways

Premium Member
    Thanks

On ya Foxtel, not even Live....

Premium Member
    Thanks

Another day, and Foxtel is not Live for Moto GP again.
    Mmmm look what happens when you sign up for too many sports.
    Lucky there are other options

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

On ya Foxtel, not even Live....
    WTF are you talking there OB, I either watched or recorded & then watched every session live on Foxtel.
    They weren't on the same channel each time, some on FS5 some on FS4. all there though, in their live time slot.

BTW; great Qualifying session. Lorenzo is on fire.
    Marquez in damage control, had a fall in FP4, still up there.
    Rossi sleuthing it with a race setup.?
    Going to be a great race.

Cheers, Tiny

Seymour Butts (04-05-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Sorry Tiny, i was complaining about the Warm Up not being Live, or even telecast
    Yep, a bit too excited.

Moto3, as nuts as always!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 03-05-15 at 09:02 PM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Jerez de la Frontera, Sunday, May 03, 2015
    Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
    1 25 99 SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 159.3 44'57.246
    2 20 93 SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 159.0 +5.576
    3 16 46 ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 158.7 +11.586
    4 13 35 GBR CWM LCR Honda Honda 158.0 +22.727
    5 11 44 SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 157.8 +26.620
    6 10 29 ITA Ducati Team Ducati 157.8 +27.021
    7 9 41 SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 157.3 +35.445
    8 8 38 GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 157.2 +36.296
    9 7 4 ITA Ducati Team Ducati 156.9 +41.933
    10 6 68 COL Pramac Racing Ducati 156.4 +51.072
    11 5 25 SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 156.3 +51.674
    12 4 9 ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 156.3 +52.421
    13 3 45 GBR EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda 156.3 +53.052
    14 2 8 SPA Avintia Racing Ducati 156.3 +53.200
    15 1 19 SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 156.0 +57.344
    16 6 GER Athinà Forward Racing Yamaha Forward 155.9 +59.018
    17 69 USA Aspar MotoGP Team Honda 155.8 +1'01.506
    18 50 IRL Aspar MotoGP Team Honda 155.7 +1'03.163
    19 33 ITA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 155.5 +1'06.895
    20 43 AUS CWM LCR Honda Honda 155.1 +1'14.182
    21 15 RSM Octo IodaRacing Team ART 154.4 +1'26.832
    22 63 FRA Avintia Racing Ducati 151.7 1 La

Category Sessions

MotoGP World Standing 2015

Pos. Rider Bike Nation Points
    1 Yamaha ITA 82
    2 Ducati ITA 67
    3 Yamaha SPA 62
    4 Honda SPA 56
    5 Ducati ITA 50
    6 Honda GBR 47
    7 Yamaha GBR 36
    8 Suzuki SPA 31
    9 Yamaha SPA 26
    10 Suzuki SPA 20
    11 Ducati ITA 19
    12 Honda GBR 13
    13 Ducati COL 12
    14 Honda SPA 10
    15 Ducati SPA 10
    16 Honda AUS 6
    17 Honda JPN 5
    18 Honda USA 3
    19 Yamaha Forward FRA 2
    20 Aprilia SPA 2
    21 Yamaha Forward GER 1
    Cheers, Tiny

ol' boy (04-05-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Another podium for Rossi.
    I know its a long shot, but if he keeps this up and some others make a mistake, he could finish the year very well.

Premium Member

Thanks

Nice win for Lorenzo. He looked more like the Lorenzo of old. He really did not look challenged all race just kept
    banging out those fast consistent laps. Not a great race to watch unfortunately. Flip side is that it looks like there
    are going to be a bag full of good riders all hitting their peaks at once. With any luck this will manifest into some
    exceptionally good close racing. This is gunna be a great season the way things are shaping up.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamve For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (04-05-15),Tiny (04-05-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks

ONE HD have just been running new ads
    Every Race of the Moto GP LIVE in the premiere class.

Has it been that way all season?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 13-05-15 at 06:15 PM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

ONE HD have just been running new ads
    Every Race of the Moto GP LIVE in the premiere class.

Has it been that way all season?
    I thought was already the case from the beginning of this season.

However technically; It can't be live if the race has segments missing filled in with add breaks.
    Cheers, Tiny

ol' boy (13-05-15)

• Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast