Thread: Sony DCR-HC20e handycam- not connecting via usb

Thanks

Default Sony DCR-HC20e handycam- not connecting via usb

I got hold of a working video camera ( Sony DCR-HC20e) that takes the small video tapes so I can copy 6 home movie tapes I made a few years ago with a relatives camera. The problem is, I cant seem to get the camera to connect to my laptop ( windows 8.1) to download the tapes. I have set the "USB connect" option in the camera to "ON" and downloaded the "Playmemories Home" software from the Sony site. I also checked I have directX up to date but still no luck getting the camera to connect ? The camera turns on ok and will play the tapes ok on its own screen. There was no software with the camera but a search of the Sony site indicates "Playmemories Home" is the only software needed ??

Does anyone have any other idea's ? or have you the same camera and can connect to a pc ok ?

Edit:- The Playmemories software works. I can use it to download files from a JVC camcorder. The Sony is showing up in the device manager under "sound,video and game controllers " as (USB audio device) and under "Audio inputs and outputs" as a microphone(USB audio device)

John
    Last edited by jex; 22-02-15 at 04:08 PM.

Look Here ->