Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sed 62

Thanks

Default Sed 62

Howdy,

I got a site with a SED 62 that has locked up 3 times now in the last 2 or 3 months.

A power down and reset fixes it no probs but is there any particular reason this is happening and can I stop it from happening in the future?

I remember something like this being discussed on here previously but cant recall the details.

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Howdy,

I got a site with a SED 62 that has locked up 3 times now in the last 2 or 3 months.

A power down and reset fixes it no probs but is there any particular reason this is happening and can I stop it from happening in the future?

I remember something like this being discussed on here previously but cant recall the details.

Thanks in advance.

What is your motive with your post?

We have over 80 SED panels in the field and the CMS has at least triple that and not one issue you mention.

You obviously have not contacted Sec.eng because if you did you would not have posted this. You would have an answer to the issue. A bit odd you would ask a forum for comments after 3 visits to site and not once contacted the manufacturer first.

Also if you had you would have been asked to send an SMS with Question Mark H (“?H”) to the panel and you would know exactly what the issue was if any. In addition to that the SED 62 has a 28 Point Watch Dog and if it had locked up it would been found by the watch dog and rebooted itself. The watchdog checks for every problem, modem heartbeat, GSM signal, etc etc... Which other panel does that ??? Even if you had a sim or network problem the panel will boot itself and ? H will give you the history.

I have been looking at this forum for about a year and never found it necessary to become a participating member until today. Hate it when people slag quality products and hate it even more when they do it without knowing what they are doing with the product. Read the manual, then call the manufacturer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneytech View Post
    What is your motive with your post?

We have over 80 SED panels in the field and the CMS has at least triple that and not one issue you mention.

You obviously have not contacted Sec.eng because if you did you would not have posted this. You would have an answer to the issue. A bit odd you would ask a forum for comments after 3 visits to site and not once contacted the manufacturer first.

Also if you had you would have been asked to send an SMS with Question Mark H (“?H”) to the panel and you would know exactly what the issue was if any. In addition to that the SED 62 has a 28 Point Watch Dog and if it had locked up it would been found by the watch dog and rebooted itself. The watchdog checks for every problem, modem heartbeat, GSM signal, etc etc... Which other panel does that ??? Even if you had a sim or network problem the panel will boot itself and ? H will give you the history.

I have been looking at this forum for about a year and never found it necessary to become a participating member until today. Hate it when people slag quality products and hate it even more when they do it without knowing what they are doing with the product. Read the manual, then call the manufacturer.
    You are a moron......

Where did I "slag" the product.

I think we all would have been better off if you didnt sign up today.

The reason for posting a question on this forum is because there are a large number of techs that have a wealth of knowledge.

Using your logic there would be no reason for a forum like this one as the manufacturer should always give you the magic answer.

Thanks

I expected such a reply; you clearly are the moron...

You by your obvious inexperience you slag/defame the SED62 product from the onset. Then add to that further when state you remember a previous discussion but cant recall the details. Anyone reading your post that has not experienced this product could easily form the opinion this is a common problem with the product when it is clearly not.

Had you done things in the correct order (as smart experienced technicians do) and contacted the manufacturer to no avail, followed the user manual instructions to no avail, and mentioned anything else you may have done apart from the limited skill set of dumber and dumber power down, power up again still don’t work what do I do now routine, then I would not have said a word.

Had someone said call the manufacturer I am sure your comment would have been, Doh! Why did I not think of that.

Agree there are a vast number of techs here with a wealth of knowledge obviously you are yet to become one of them but why would you rely on them as your first point of call. Just shows lack of professionalism.

When you find the problem will you post it here?
    Will you post it if it is not a SED62 as I expect ?

Five yeers aggo eye cood not spels larm teknison, now i is wun

Thanks

Sydneytech... More like sydney c*ck....

Once again I never slaged the product. You can say what you like but you are reading into it too much.

QUOTE "Will you post it if it is not a SED62 as I expect ?"

What the F*ck does that mean???

Even the most favoured/reliable products are prone to problems and talking about those problems is the way solve them.

By the sound of it you have shares in SecEng.

Anyway, im sick of doing this with you already.

Thanks

You are a moron......

Where did I "slag" the product.

I think we all would have been better off if you didnt sign up today.
    Well said redstorm. Seemed like a perfectly normal question to me.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Yep Red have had this problem with the SED 61 ususally a power down fixes it I have never had a site rectify itself , and did ring SEG ENG when one unit didnt reboot on power up they asked me to read which lights were on on doing so they said the processor had locked up and had to send unit in to them,
    There appears to be a problem somehow related to the phone network SEG ENG are looking at one of our esteemed other previous members knoes the story but cant remember his handle so to speak.
    It is not a common problem but other techs have had the same experience
    no one on the old posts ran down the unit but were annoyed of the infrequent lockup of some units

Thanks

**** me sydney tech why dont you ease up a bit. People are allowed to ask questions on here, its a forum. There was nothing wrong with the question Redstorm posted IMO

Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tastech View Post
    Yep Red have had this problem with the SED 61
    Guys I point out that he said sed 62 at the start

You know the difference between the sed 62 and 61 guys, sed61 is GSM, sed 62 is GPRS..

Thanks

Sydneytech...
    QUOTE "Will you post it if it is not a SED62 as I expect ?"
    What the F*ck does that mean???
    I think he means the Guardcell's they frequently "LOCK UP" and requires a site visit to reset power to them, I know by experience.

By the sound of it you have shares in SecEng.
    How would you know- you cant make a remark like that without more credible information on the character "Sydney tech"!, he might just favor one product as many of us do ie. NX 16- Its the bees knees, and GE tecom challenger- nothing compares

We have about 120 gprs and some hundred GSM's in the field (Permaconn and Sed62's,)- Our team have also contracted to some companies that supply products from some manufacturers, I have never seen anything like the P/conn network, its abysmal.
    Last edited by AusSecTec; 22-01-08 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spelling, sorry

Thanks

Sounds like the Middiot is back in town.

If you look at the Seceng website it says that the sed62 is a state of the art GSM back up system. It can be used as GPRS but primarily its a GSM system.

There must be some reason why AusSecTec and Sydneytech got so wound up over what would be considered a a rational question...

The grammar tells me that the lunatic PC of the famous MID C is back in town.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneytech View Post
    Will you post it if it is not a SED62 as I expect ?:
    So Red was it a SED62 that you experienced problems with....or was it the SED61 that Tastech had the same problem with.??...or although you said it was the SED62 did... (as Sdneytech said)... you actually mean it something else but we were supposed to telepathically work it out ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Brainer View Post
    Sounds like the Middiot is back in town.
    - if that is you middy, your timing is good as the forum has been a bit boring since it crashed. Now we can all hide behind new names and have some fun.

Anyway, No Brainers accusation motivated me to do some research to find out about Sec Eng as I had not heard of them before. Looks like they have struck up a technology partnership with Suretek to compliment each others products. Another goal for Suretek eh ?

Are they trying to spoil your "Death of Securitel" party No Brainer ?

Only joking - I think there are lots of presents for everybody even though you boys seem poised to get the biggest slice of the cake.

You know, if all the manufacturers, control rooms and bureaus could clean up their act and drop the politics, I'm sure they could bake a new cake that is even bigger. We need to cater for the much larger numbers in converting PSTN only systems into IP and create new market segments such as low cost IP camera integration for video verification.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

um, check the name of the forum, SECURITY ALARMS. Not Sledge the A****s. get back on topic or get out.

Thanks

I have a sed62 in my home, i have had the unit lock up twice, it stops timer test's to the cms, also i have a relay wired from the panel to a gsm input and have programmed the sed 62 to sms me on activations too (so i get a text and a call from cms)

Very good unit, as i stated only locked up a couple of times
    im cool with that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minitechie_94 View Post
    um, check the name of the forum, SECURITY ALARMS. Not Sledge the A****s. get back on topic or get out.
    I agree gents,
    Why all the abuse?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Brainer View Post

If you look at the Seceng website it says that the sed62 is a state of the art GSM back up system. It can be used as GPRS but primarily its a GSM system.

There must be some reason why AusSecTec and Sydneytech got so wound up over what would be considered a a rational question...

The SED 62 is GSM- correct good Sir, and obviously would be used primarily as GPRS, otherwise why pay the extra for the service... (inc's 90 sec polling- where as GSM has Daily test ONLY)

I'm not wound up about anything, you guys are commenting on something you bare little knowledge on, its obvious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AusSecTec View Post
    You know the difference between the sed 62 and 61 guys, sed61 is GSM, sed 62 is GPRS..
    Just pointing out that your post would indicate that the sed62 is GPRS only when in fact the manufacturers website states otherwise. Thats all.

Thanks

@ No Brainer..

It was a SED 62.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast