Thread: Ads Nauseum

Thanks

Default Ads Nauseum

Hi all --- after having my mind numbed by the RSPCA "ad" for the umpteenth time last night, I wondered if in fact the RSPCA actually pays to have its "ad" broadcast so many times ? If so it must cost an absolute fortune ! I am sure you are all well aware of the other "ads" shown ad-nauseum - is this actually making money or is it some foul plot ? --- anybody else driven to distraction ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

NO as i dont watch TV i dont see them.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

You can see why they kept playing those scenic loops for so long. Now they just repeat the shit out of the same library of ads. I'd imagine companies get good rates on the Central channels, especially if they're a charity or organisation.

What's that ad with the old red head lady helping kids overseas? Ten and SCTV show it nearly every ad break. Drives me insane.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

Oh, the good old days of the scenic loop.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

My problem with the old scenic loop was you couldnt judge how long it was going to run for where as adverts come in 15, 30 or 60 second blocks and by listening while your busy filling the kettle, getting a snack or 'watering the Horse', by counting the voice or music changes for each one you know after four changes, the break is nearly over.
    And you must admit its nice on both VAST and regional terrestrial to see ads for all sorts of items on sale in towns hundreds of kilometres away..........but never where you live..........................!!!!!!!!!
    Most advertising is paid for but some could come under being classed as 'Community' or 'Public Service' and possibly the Broadcaster gets 'credits' for carrying such material as part of their license requirements.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Bring back the loop!!
    Last year there were no ads during AFL footy, and a couple of ads between the quarters and lots of loops.

This year,they're putting on more ads than they do in the metro area, even when a goal is scored within 30 seconds of the end of a quarter!