Thread: Setting up a GForce GTX 980

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Setting up a GeForce GTX 980

I'm going to run HD 1920x1080 video from my computer which has a GeForce GTX 980 to our Hecto Laser Projector via the HDMI output and would like to ask for any help regarding the Does and don't when setting up a second Display or other in the Nvidia Control Panel.
    First I tested the rear HDMI of the GTX 980 on an old Samsung 52 inch LCD and my desktop appeared on the Samsung but the resolution and size looked out of wack but the first question I would like to know is whilst the desk top appeared on the Samsung with all my icons the computers monitor lost all its icons, the desktop reduced its size and after I disconnected the HDMI cable the computer went back to normal but the icons, three rows of them were scattered all over the place.
    Now is this normal? do I have to put up with this every time I connect a HDMI cable to the rear of any TV. How do I do adjustments (Size and other)for the Hecto in the Nvidia Control Panel in the next room if my computer monitor has temporary lost all its icons and I can't select anything.
    Since I have a very good network system at a later stage I'm going to try streaming from the computer via VLC to either the Hecto or to the Vu Duo 2 then to the Hecto but for now the HDMI on the rear of the GTX 980 will do
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 27-03-15 at 10:26 AM.

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Why not just use DLNA since you already have a good network system, providing of course that your devices are DLNA capable?

As for the dual monitor problems I read somewhere about a setting in the NVIDIA control panel that may be affecting you??

"Check your nvidia control panel settings. And in manage 3D settings under multi display/mixed gpu ensure its not on single display performance mode."

Not sure why your icons are disappearing & shuffled around, most likely a screen resolution or a Desktop display size issue as you have surmised.

NVIDIA control panel should be accessible even without the icons by right clicking the desktop & selecting NVIDIA Control panel from the menu that appears.

You can adjust the screen resolution for the GPU outputs in the NVIDIA control panel under Display, Change resolution.

Desktop options can be set under Display, Adjust desktop size & position.
    I'm sure you knew that.

Also depending on your version of Win OS there may be a conflict that can be resolved under Control Panel Display settings.
    Also screen resolution should be adjustable for both monitors in there as well.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."