Thread: Telstra to sell ADSL2 to People Telecom

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Telstra to sell ADSL2 to People Telecom

It will be interesting to see if they sell it to any other competitors. Apparently they have a list of stringent conditions the ISP must agree to including purchasing more telstra backhaul for the service.

It is interesting that since Labor took government that Telstra have enbabled ADSL2 in about 700 exchanges ( it took about 2 days ) and have refused to onsell it to anyone else.

Perhaps they have woken up that if they dont start doing something with it ( I doubt the take up has been big with their crap plans and prices ) , they will be over run when the new national broadband network is up and running ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    It is interesting that since Labor took government that Telstra have enbabled ADSL2 in about 700 exchanges ( it took about 2 days ) and have refused to onsell it to anyone else.
    Its actually funny because they did all the upgrades way before the election. There was a file on the Telstra wholesale section of their website that pretty well told you exactly which ones had been activated, and there were a lot set up that weren't actually selling ADSL2 at the time. Telstra were told that they could sell it by the ACCC but seemed to be waiting till the election was over because they were scoring political points by holding out. Once the policies were in place (e.g. labor's plan) they decided to make $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Perhaps they have woken up that if they dont start doing something with it ( I doubt the take up has been big with their crap plans and prices ) , they will be over run when the new national broadband network is up and running ?
    Personally I think Telstra have just seen another way of making $$$$, I would expect that People Telecom prices would be way higher than their competitors because of what Telstra is charging. I think thats why most of the other ADSL2 buyer are buying from the other wholesalers.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.