Thread: What Now?!

Thanks

Default What Now?!

Ok guys, new to sat;

Ok place i am at used to have foxtel sat tv... so dish is up and there i a twin LNB on it for what i assume used to be Foxtel IQ.

I am looking at getting a setup running here ... Where do i go from here? Dreambox? Gamma Card? whats the go?

I am not looking at getting into this Heavly, i just to to do it as a hobbie and play around, so no $$$ boxes or anything like that is needed, just something simple to check it out. Who knows, i might go from there (which is how all hobbies turn out, right?! )

Cheers for this guys,
    Armers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Well if your looking at getting into it on the cheap then you may want to look at the strong brand of set top boxes. I personally use a strong and have found it to be very good and reliable. They are also very good with the gamma cards as per peoples comments.

As for a dreambox this may or may not be the first box you want to start out on personally i dont have one so im making my comments not on actual experience but these boxes are fully customizable linux based set top boxes.

As for gamma cards there are 2 kinds around blank cards that use to sell for around $150 that you had to upload austar details and another gamma cards called a sellers card. These sell anywhere from $250-$600 and already have the information loaded on them. Currently blanks cards are no good you need to find a sellers card.

Well im sure you will get many more helpful posts so welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Thanks

If you intend to leave your dish pointed at Optus C1 in the hope of finding a sellers card there is only a couple of free to air channels for you to watch in the mean time such as Indigenous and Aljazeera plus a a bit of home shopping but it would be good to get these working first before you get a gamma or you won't be watching anything on your new gamma.

Thanks

what satellite do you have to get for these gammas to get Au$tar??
    Blown Humax 5400Z, Strong SRT 4658X, Strong 4663X and DM 518.

Thanks

I have had a dreambox 500s for about 6 months and have only pulled it out of the cuboard a couple of times and hooked it up to watch fta footy and cricket from other states. It is loaded with a gemini image and I would like to use it for more than the occasional fta viewing. can this box be used with a gamma card and if so how do I get my hands on one? If anyone can pm me some info that would be great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdking View Post
    I have had a dreambox 500s for about 6 months and have only pulled it out of the cuboard a couple of times and hooked it up to watch fta footy and cricket from other states. It is loaded with a gemini image and I would like to use it for more than the occasional fta viewing. can this box be used with a gamma card and if so how do I get my hands on one? If anyone can pm me some info that would be great
    Unfortunately,gamma is no go on your DM500s,it will work (from what I read in the past post) with a Phoenix card reader hooked up behind your DM500s.
    As for getting your hands on one,you have to look for the bald guy @ a pub in Frankston..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    Unfortunately,gamma is no go on your DM500s,it will work (from what I read in the past post) with a Phoenix card reader hooked up behind your DM500s.
    As for getting your hands on one,you have to look for the bald guy @ a pub in Frankston..
    hehe I will keep an eye out I have an elvis programmer which I used once years back to create a goldie from my sub card will this work with a gamma?