Thread: Windows 10 gets a sort of Android subsystem on Smartphones

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Default Windows 10 gets a sort of Android subsystem on Smartphones

"Windows 10 is not just another release of Windows, it's a new generation of Windows," Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella said 29th April on the Build Conference in Moscone Center , San Francisco, US.

Screenshot of Desktop & StartMenu

ISO:
    Product Key: 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF

BTW:

Windows 10 gets a sort of Android subsystem on Smartphones. Also it will be possible to run iOS apps on Windows phones with Windows 10.

"With Apple you choose to invest in iOS and OS X. With Google it's Android or Chrome OS. Windows is the only platform that lets you bring apps to all these devices efficiently."
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 30-04-15 at 07:55 PM. Reason: img added

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

tristen (30-04-15)

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    s. Also it will be possible to run iOS apps on Windows phones with Windows 10.
    "
    Remarkable, M$ has finally given in to accept Unix-like applications running on it's OS.
    Unless the iOS apps are ported by the developers, the only way I can only see this done is with some kind of VM and as with all VMs there will be limitations. Simple chat and small gaming apps will probably work fine, but heavy duty creative apps in the likes of Garageband, I have my serious doubts.
    I assume this will be only possible on a special mobile version of Win10.

However this will work I think it will always be a bandaid solution and always better to run the apps on their designated hardware.
    Perhaps M$ should think more about porting/developing their OWN apps to other OSs.
    They are a software company after all and actually do quite well with MSOffice for the Mac.
    ...and with Win10 being free I don't see much income coming from running third party apps on it.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-05-15 at 11:33 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...