Thread: Unlocking Moto v3 Razor BL: .29

Thanks

Default Unlocking Moto v3 Razor BL: .29

I'm rewriting this post as i have now answered my own questions and will post what i have found out for anyone else.

If you have a v3 with boot loader 8.29 or 8.28, then you can't flash your phone to a lower firmware, or unlock it using software applications alone. Unlocking and flashing can be achieved when used in Test mode, which is achieved by grounding a 'test point' while you connect the battery. Further information regarding

p2k easy tools and other programs will only work with the phone in test point mode, or if the phone has an older boot loader.

If you have Boot Loader 8.26, you can use Scotty's downgrade program to flash to a earlier hacked loader which is compatible with modding tools (eg unlocking via various p2k tools)

How to and flash your 8.29/8.28 phone with various monster packs (contains modified fonts/text/pics etc) and firmwares. Note: Flashing your locked phone with an unlocked firmware will NOT unlock your phone.

contain a wealth of motorola information.

Cheers, RHCP.
    Last edited by RHCP; 10-08-08 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Found some shit
    Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It has been about three weeks since my last post, and motox forums has been down almost the entire time. I don't know what's going on, but unfortunately that was where i was getting most of my information and files....

Anyway, my torex 5 screwdriver arrived from dealxtreme, and so i was able to unlock my phone. This is a pretty straightforward and easy task which is only complicated by various misinformation, or at least methods which don't work - below is what worked for me, it may not work for you.

Note if you have a phone with a bootloader of 8.26, 8.23 or 7.E0 then follow to unlock your phone - TP (Test Point) is not needed. To find your bootloader version turn off the phone, hold *# power and the phone will boot to flash mode with the relevant information being displayed on screen.
    -------------------- ---- ----------------------------

How to Flash and unlock a Moto v3 Razor with a .28 or .29 bootloader

You will need a MiniUSB to USB cable in order to connect your RAZR V3 to the computer. These are sometimes used with SD card readers...i believe the PSP cable is of this type...

1. Download

2. Download We are only going to be using RSD lite, so if it's too big (~75mb) - try googling for RSD lite.

3. Download It's the third link at the top of the article. This is a better version than that in the ultimate pack.

4. Download and install These drivers are more up-to-date than those in the ultimate pack. Follow to install the drivers.
    Note: I don't think i installed all of drivers and it still worked.

Also, if your having trouble installing the drivers as windows is failing to recognise the USB device(s), or is only seeing a moto modem, try starting the phone in flash mode (hold * # and power), or try running p2k easy tools and then connecting the phone, or running an unlock sp in easy tools (this wont work and the phone will error out during the process) - i had to do this as XP wasn't seeing the devices.

5. Flash the file from step 1 via RSD lite (from the ultimate pack) using (**In TP: phone screen is blank; keyboard back light is permanently on**). You will also know TP has worked, as the phone will now be recognised as either S Flash Neptune LTE or Blank Nepture....or something to that effect.
    -I'm a noob and nowhere does it really tell you what each step does, but i believe this flashes the phone bootloader to a haxed D0 version which is compatible with various editing tools.

**Note *#power will still put the phone into flashmode, but the screen will be blank - if you connect the phone to RSD while in flash mode it will tell you the information which you can no longer see - and it will also see the phone as Neptune or S-blank.***

6. 100% complete

7. Run P2K Easy tools. Select v3 Razor as phone type and only check "Unlock SP" and follow instructions
    (I actually booted the phone into TP for this, but i don't think you have to, as you now have the D0 haxed loader.

8. Reboot to an unlocked phone.

Note: They tell you to connect the TP to ground, then to connect the battery - i found it didn't matter if you connected the battery first before grounding the test point.

*****They don't say, but unless you are using a magic 'test box', you will need to reconnect the keyboard (ribbon) and power on the phone normally while grounding the TP.*****

**You will know you are in TP mode, as the screen is blank and the keyboard remains lit**

Cheers, RHCP.

List of sites i have found useful or ones i have blatantly ripped from

(Has a number of articles)

How i unlocked my phone.
    Heaps of Moto software downloads.
    Various stuff.
    Various stuff.

Thanks

Are V3's still around, ive gone from V3 - V3i - V9
    motomodders was a good source of info back in the early v3 days pitty they are gone now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz808 View Post
    Are V3's still around, ive gone from V3 - V3i - V9
    Us country hicks are a bit slow on the uptake of these wizbang walkie talkies...

I actually bought it last Christmas, it was one of the last ones that K-Mart had. My mate bought a v3 from somewhere locally about 6 months before this. But yeah, i think everyone has moved on and upgraded.

Cheers, RHCP.