Thread: Finaly working Uniden iGoplayer for inCarCam.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Finaly working Uniden iGoplayer for inCarCam.

When I bought the Cam 12 months ago, you had to download their player and Codeks but I had the Devils own job setting it up.
    It would show Video on one screen and a GPS location on the other.
    There were panels to show Lat & Lon, speed etc.
    The Map kept defaulting to somewhere in Holland to start with and when it did finaly show my location, it did was only for a few seconds at a time, sort of pulsing between 2 sets of location, here and Holland which was different to say the least.
    The Video in this mode would show for about 40 seconds of the drive then freeze for about the same before resuming again so if anything happened during the 'Freeze', you wouldnt see it, however the audio wasnt affected by the video freezing.
    If you ran the same file on a Media player, it did so continuously.
    I rang Uniden (Sydney) at the time and they said there were problems with the player and sent me an update but I could never sort it out so I havent bothered to use it until today.

I decided to have another go today and after a few hours of headbanging I reloaded what now appears to be a different version, in Chinese rather than Dutch but it WORKS.

The old version allowed you to load a number of files at once to give a seamless playback but so far as I can tell, this does one at a time only but its much better as the Map now works with the Video.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX correction, I found I can load more than one file and it plays them one after the other with just a tiny blink between each clip.
    Another I looked at better today was the 'B' or Rear Camera option does NOT record any information from the GPS, only the video.

What took me even longer and frustratingly was not being able to find where the hell the files have been stored (WIN8) and not having a 'shortcut' to load the installed program but I have sorted that out now.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 17-05-15 at 03:53 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->