Thread: Intelsat 19 KU need help

Thanks

Default Intelsat 19 KU need help

After the recent shuffle of some of the channels on . I am no longer able to receive the new frequency 12286 H 30000 that one of the services has changed to. Even tried changing the LNB to see if that was the problem but still couldn't pick it up.

I can still get some of the others
    12646 H 28066
    12686 H 28124
    12726 H 28066

Any ideas on why my setup is not able to receive this?

Here are the specifications for my .

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Only a suggestion but could they have changed the ViD/PiD of the signal as some time ago, Al Jazeera on Optus C1 was and is there FTA but I couldnt pick it up on my Humax's because the Humax looked for 'standard' settings of those parameters but some reason, to receive Al Jazeera were different and I had to go into the menu/settings to enter them myself and once they were, in came the channel loud and clear.
    I was wondering about the STB you are using but that one seems to be the current top of the range.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    After the recent shuffle of some of the channels on . I am no longer able to receive the new frequency 12286 H 30000 that one of the services has changed to. Even tried changing the LNB to see if that was the problem but still couldn't pick it up.

12646 H 28066
    12686 H 28124
    12726 H 28066

Freq 12286 and 12526 are a no go for me using a 1.2M Dish on Intelsat 19 but only Metres away I have another dish on intelsat 19 and that is 65cm and that is ok but after scratching my head for a full day as I was having problem ONLY on these two transponders on the BIGGER DISH I found the problem and its been found in at least two newspapers and many web sites.
    Those transponder on Intelsat 19 are experiencing problems at the moment as there is interference from the high power Optus 10 transponders.
    Have a read

read another

Last edited by Mr 672A; 23-05-15 at 05:02 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

bodgie (17-12-15),Thala Dan (23-05-15)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Again those two frequencies 12286 and 12526 are a problem child for me ATM using the bigger dish.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

If you can receive channels on the transponders you have mentioned, it is unlikely that the LNB is at fault.

I don't see anything odd about the signal on 12286H, which I can successfully resolve on an Openbox X5 and also a Strong SRT-4930 satellite receiver.

Has the local oscillator frequency of your LNB been entered correctly into the appropriate section of your receiver's menu?

I haven't seen an Healing HHS242, but I believe that it has a blind-scan function. Have you tried this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

@Greg

As mentioned above, 12286H and 12525H have been all over the place for quite some time - I've had problems with them for many months on and off - but it's far worse now as the powers-that-be play around moving channels all over the place.

As I mentioned in another thread, Euronews and France 24 have been moved from 12525 to 12286, and have been joined by RT as well.

When I switched on just before 0800 today, 12286 was non-existent - left the STB tuned to Euronews and, at the stroke of 0800, up she came, full bore (91% SQ).

So it's a bit hit and miss at the moment - just keep scanning every so often and you'll catch it when it's fired up.

@Mr. 672A

Interesting about your two dishes - I was thinking of going from 90cm to 1.2m for this bird - but from what you say, that could be completely the wrong direction

Have just had a quick read of the links you provided = boy, does that explain a lot of the weird stuff I've been seeing here for quite a while.

Hope they sort it out, 'cause I really enjoy those three news channels mentioned above.
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 23-05-15 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    @Greg

@Mr. 672A

Interesting about your two dishes - I was thinking of going from 90cm to 1.2m for this bird - but from what you say, that could be completely the wrong direction

Have just had a quick read of the links you provided = boy, does that explain a lot of the weird stuff I've been seeing here for quite a while.

Hope they sort it out, 'cause I really enjoy those three news channels mentioned above.
    NO!!!! 1.2M is the go its just a case that Optus 10 was testing the same day I was testing and I had odd errors on my duo2 using the 1.2m. The 1.2M is magic when it comes to the Vertical Transponders where with the smaller 65 CM I had buckly's chance of getting the same transponders when needed (hit and miss depending on which day and what EIRP they were sending).
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 23-05-15 at 05:34 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (23-05-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

NO!!!! 1.2M is the go its just a case that Optus 10 was testing the same day I was testing and I had odd errors on my duo2 using the 1.2m. The 1.2M is magic when it comes to the Vertical Transponders where with the smaller 65 CM I had buckly's chance of getting the same transponders when needed.
    OK - that's interesting - I don't get a sniff of the Verticals on the 90cm - looks like the 1.2m is back on the shopping list

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    OK - that's interesting - I don't get a sniff of the Verticals on the 90cm - looks like the 1.2m is back on the shopping list
    I can tell you this that with the 1.2M I'm getting all Horizontal transponders with the duo2 with a quality of 99% Yes that/s full throttle, full bore as I would say but with the Vertical transponders its a hit and miss when it comes to the quality level I get with the 1.2M but I will get all and that's important.
    Now I tested last week as my 65CM is still aiming at !ntelsat 19 and I could not get at all the Vert TX I wanted and on the 1.2M it was around 55 to 60% in Quality and enjoyed what was on.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (23-05-15)

Thanks

Happy with my 1.2M. (see pictures in my other thread) OFF topic but I will have my rant anyhow (admin like my rants) Today I lost my plot and removed 20M of Passion Fruit vines behind the dishes as I was at WAR with Insects and other infecting the Fruit. I got that pissed off that I axed down the mango tree. I'm the oldest in the house and some a lot younger do F.ck all and couldn't even bother doing a proper research on what the problem was that was stuffing them.
    The end result is now the wife has to buy Passion Fruits at around $1 each just to feed our fruit loving Eclectus Parrots. The birds can eat up to 6 a day.

Thanks

Thanks for the replys. Glad to find out its not my hardware that the problem but the actually satellites themselves. Hope they get the problem resolved quickly.

Thanks

Try offsetting the lnbf to the side of the normal focal position, this will lower your signal however it should shift the side lobe pickup. A small dish has troubles as the capture area is wide (bandwidth).. larger dishes should be ok

another option might be to put the dish upside down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Try offsetting the lnbf to the side of the normal focal position, this will lower your signal however it should shift the side lobe pickup. A small dish has troubles as the capture area is wide (bandwidth).. larger dishes should be ok
    Thanks for the tips. My dish is only a toroidal 90cm and 4 way diseqc so not sure how it will fair with the lower reception If it can manage to find the missing signals.
    Last edited by Greg; 24-05-15 at 10:59 AM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post

another option might be to put the dish upside down
    Good advice!

Dish beam-width (which becomes lower as dish size increases) can be a problem. Dish surface integrity is also a factor, although there is nothing you can do about this and it should be high for a small, solid dish anyway.

...My dish is only a toroidal 90cm and 4 way diseqc so not sure how it will fair with the lower reception If it can manage to find the missing signals.
    Toroidal dishes are fairly finicky to set up correctly. It might be useful to see if moving the LNB to a slightly different position (as apsattv has suggested) helps to alleviate the problem.

If you have a spare Ku-band dish, it might pay to set that up for Intelsat 19 reception.

If the problem is indeed due to Optus 10 testing, (as far as I know, this satellite is still in the final testing phase), I would not hold my breath waiting for it to go away. However, having said that, Optus could be currently testing transponders at full output power and on an interfering frequency, intending that operating power will be reduced and operating frequencies changed, when final transponder loading is finalised in the future. If this is the case, the current problem could indeed disappear (or be reduced).

Thanks

@Greg

I'm currently experiencing the same issues with these particular frequencies, 12286H and 12526H using a Clearview STB and 65cm dish.
    I'm thinking of changing to a 1.2m dish. Is that what you're using?

12646 H 28066
    12686 H 28124
    12726 H 28066