Thread: Trouble with recording tv to LG DVD

Thanks

Default Trouble with recording tv to LG DVD

Guys I know this is dinosaur but:
    My Missus has a hobby of collecting movies and series off TV and Sat and keeping them by recording them onto DVD.
    We had a very good LG DVD recorder which eventually clagged due to commercial type over use !( she is a prolific recorder !)
    I bought her a new one LG RH735T however the firm ware does not allow you to record to DVD without first loading it onto the hard drive in the recorder . This is the same BS as is in my Panasonic Blue ray recorder.
    I bought another dinosaur in a LG DVD / VHS LG RC689Dplayer cause it will record direct thru the AV in to DVD.
    This has now clagged due to Commercial type use .
    I am trying to find a stand alone DVD recorder. Doesn't need to have a tuner , hard drive or anything , just a DVD recorder which records in standard format and SD/LP/EP and an AV or HDMI output for the screen.

I would appreciate any light any one can shed on this dilemma of ours !
    Thanks in advance as always.

Ramp

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Why not get the original LG recorder repaired? Very difficult to find a stand alone DVD recorder these days due to very little market demand.
    The RC689D is still available for not a whole lot of money. BTW what is the model number of the original recorder?
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov