Thread: Uni-directional speed camera alert

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Default Uni-directional speed camera alert

I have a strange fault on a GO730. Driving in one direction along a certain street, the unit will alert to a speed camera. This alert was already in the unit.
    However, if the same camera is approached from the opposite direction, no alert!
    I have tried doing a factory reset.
    No change.
    If I remember correctly, other speed cameras are notified regardless of which direction they are being approached from.
    In the direction that it doesn't alert, I tried 'adding' a speed camera alert, but it doesn't remember it - if I pass the location again in that direction it stays silent with no alert.
    Am I missing something here?

Look Here ->
    In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Ok, after much reading, testing, evaluation and mucking around I've made some discoveries.

The speed camera alerts are uni-directional - that is, they only alert based on the direction you are travelling.
    (Even the TomTom help desk lady couldn't explain this too me!)

I suspect this is due to the fact that in many countries, the cameras only deal with one side of the road - traffic travelling in one direction.
    Here in NZ, our cameras (both fixed and mobile) will monitor BOTH directions.

When you 'add' a camera notification, it does not automatically update the file in the GPS.
    It waits until you connect to TomTom Home, then sends the co-ordinates back to TomTom.
    Then, when you download a new, updated camera alert file, it will be in that.

I hope this might be of use to others.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BCNZ For This Useful Post:

mtv (25-07-15),tristen (27-07-15),weirdo (25-07-15)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Not on my now defunct Navman, Uniden 201 or the current Aldi GoCruise as they all alerted the location of any fixed Speed cameras/Blackspots, schools or added notifications irrespective of which direction I am going and the camera is set for.
    But you have me wondering if there is one instance where the alert doent show and thats just North of the Hawkesberry River Bridge (Newcastle Expressway) in one of those weird weather varying speed limit areas as the North and South Bound lanes are well separated from each other and that distance is enough to make the program ignore it perhaps?
    Both the signs and the cameras are set for the North Bound lanes only, apparently it doesnt rain on the South bound lane !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!