Thread: UEC Vast DSR4639 Recording glitch

Thanks

Default UEC Vast DSR4639 Recording glitch

Just been trying to help a chap in the caravan park near me, he's got the Altec twin tuner vast stb.

When he does a scan on start up he gets mutiple GWN7 (WA channel set) on the channel list, actually he gets GWN on slot 6, then two more GWN7 on slot 60 and 61 in the listing.

All ok till he tries to record on gwn7, he gets 3 recordings on the HD even though he only highlights one of the listings ? It's as though he's highlighted all 3 to record.

My initial thinking was do a factory reset and reboot/rescan, but just done that and the 3 same listings are still there, and the fault persists.

I use a Humax so am a bit in the dark re the Altec, I actually get a double GWN7 listing too on my channel list but when I record on mine I just get the one recording.

Just wondering if it would be a firmware problem, he's been on to Altec but they seem to think it is operator error !

Any ideas ? Is it possible to delete the extra channel listings ?

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

No you cannot delete or change the channel listings on a VAST box. They are allocated as per your registration location.

I have a UEC 4639 on Tasmanian bouquet & get a duel listing for Imparja South on channels 9 & 91. Don't get GWN7 so can't help with what is normal for that channel set.

When recording channel 9 both channels show a red recording icon; however only one program is recorded in the Playlist of the recording library.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

tristen (13-06-15)

Thanks

Thanks Tiny.

More info today, he not only gets the multiple same recordings but because of this he cannot record another channel during the offending recording as it comes up with a conflict message, yet in reality he's only recording GWN7, no other channels can record during this.

I've downloaded the latest firmware for him, so will see if that has any effect on the problem.

Thanks

Downloaded the latest firmware and loaded and now the fault seems to have cleared. Still get the red dot on 3 consecutive channel listings while recording gwn7, but only one is now recorded on HD. and he can record another channel simultaneously.

Weird fault to say the least, but all well now again.

• The Following User Says Thank You to banjo For This Useful Post:

Tiny (13-06-15)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Wasnt there something the other day with a member having problems with VAST missing one part of the 7 Network like 7Mate or 7TWO on the Western Australia portion of VAST and it was put down to VAST using 2 different transponders for the 7 Network instead of one?

The post says its all working now so it doesnt matter really but it does make you wonder.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

There are definitely 3 versions of GWN7 on the satellite, but the Altech should only be displaying 1 of them on channel 6 and possibly duplicated on channel 61. If he's getting 3, then there's either a problem with the Altech or he is using a special VAST network engineer's bouquet which displays all channels from all regions. Does he have 2 7mate's or just 1?

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

Smacca

Just the one 7Mate I think but will check later.

As said I use a Humax and I get the same channel 7 listings as he does on the Altec.

Thanks

Lightbulb Record Sewttings..??

Sorry I can't be more precise but my DSR4639 is all packed away and won't be coming out any time soon.
    The problem MAY be hidden in the Record Menu.
    There is a selection in there somewhere that asks if you want to record on "This Channel" or "All Channels".
    I got caught a long time ago recording the ABC news on "All Channels" so got the news for every state..!!

I have downloaded the manual and had a read but can't find any mention of it.

Have a good look at the Recording Menus or possibly even the PVR menu.

It is in there some where, and this may be the problem.

Cheers,

Oldace..

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

What you are referring to is a Series link/Chain Recording that can be set to only link to one channel or Link to all channels.
    & yes the user setting is in Menu record settings on the UEC, The result you got was interesting.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Lightbulb Found It...!!

Finally got the box out as we are going away for awhile.

What I was referring to in my earlier post was;

Menu / PVR Settings / Chain Record (Option 6) / Select Current Channel or All Channels.

If All Channels are selected you MAY record from ALL GWN7 channels, 6, 60 & 61.

I don't know, but it may be a possibility.

Cheers,

Oldace