Thread: Error when connecting to my Bosch 3000 system through the Bosch app

Thanks

Default Error when connecting to my Bosch 3000 system through the Bosch app

Last night, I changed a couple of powerline adapters (from NP204/NP205 to NP507) and added a gigabit switch to my home network.

This morning when I was trying to connect to my alarm system using my Bosch Security app, it returned an error "cannot connect to the Panel". I'm sure I used the correct PIN.

What happened? I tried to re-start my modem by turning it off and removing it from the power source but still had this issue.

I had this issue before when there was a problem in my NBN connection but when I restarted my modem it fixed the problem. But now, the re-start trick doesn't seem to work.

I've researched a bit and I know that if the IP address allocated to the Bosch panel changed, it can mess up the certificate, but how do I know if it changed? Isn't it not that the IP address is permanently assigned to the panel during installation to prevent this from happening?

Please see my home network diagram. I previously had NP204/NP205 on the powerlines but I changed it to the new NP507 last night and added the Gigabit switch to feed the Fetch TV and Apple TV. Other than that changed, my network was the same.

Please help. I contacted my installer but the response is a bit slow. If I can fix it myself, I can save the call-out fee. thank you!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Hi Mate, Did you have any luck fixing this. What was done to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by archerwin View Post
    Last night, I changed a couple of powerline adapters (from NP204/NP205 to NP507) and added a gigabit switch to my home network.

This morning when I was trying to connect to my alarm system using my Bosch Security app, it returned an error "cannot connect to the Panel". I'm sure I used the correct PIN.

What happened? I tried to re-start my modem by turning it off and removing it from the power source but still had this issue.

I had this issue before when there was a problem in my NBN connection but when I restarted my modem it fixed the problem. But now, the re-start trick doesn't seem to work.

I've researched a bit and I know that if the IP address allocated to the Bosch panel changed, it can mess up the certificate, but how do I know if it changed? Isn't it not that the IP address is permanently assigned to the panel during installation to prevent this from happening?

Please see my home network diagram. I previously had NP204/NP205 on the powerlines but I changed it to the new NP507 last night and added the Gigabit switch to feed the Fetch TV and Apple TV. Other than that changed, my network was the same.

Please help. I contacted my installer but the response is a bit slow. If I can fix it myself, I can save the call-out fee. thank you!

Hi Mate, Did you have any luck fixing this. What was done to fix it?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

The thread is 8 years old and the OP hasn't visited the site since posting it.

Closed
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.