Thread: Logic Gear - SL350F

Thanks

Default Logic Gear - SL350F

Hey all,

I have acquired a Logic Gear SL350F and would like to be able to run other GPS software on it if possible.

(I am told it is!)

I have Igo8 running on my Dopod 838 and have tom tom 5,6 & 7 at my disposal.

I am able to access the built in file system using activesync and just need to know where to put 'stuff' if possible???

TIA

Matt

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattwalker1975 View Post
    Hey all,

I have acquired a Logic Gear SL350F and would like to be able to run other GPS software on it if possible.

(I am told it is!)

I have Igo8 running on my Dopod 838 and have tom tom 5,6 & 7 at my disposal.

I am able to access the built in file system using activesync and just need to know where to put 'stuff' if possible???

TIA

Matt
    Read you manual and if possible, make a back up of ya SD card. From what I could tell, even the manufacturer talks about doing you pics and mp3 off teh card rather than Active sync.

Once you get a copy / back up.. then you have the exit strategy in place. Do any mods and changes on a spare Card and keep your original SAFE.

Once you can access the files etc some of the files and the manual will assist in identifying what system it is ie. Windows CE Net 4.2

This then suggests a PDA software install wil be the way to go.

TomTom 6 or 7 would be simple.. It all depends on where, how and what format you have as to the ones you mention.

Thanks

Hi Comp dad!

Just been trawlin'...it seems you might know a 'little' about this subject!!

The unit is 4.2CE.

My issue is that I cant get anything to run...

Where do I run things from?

The only access I have is to the application button which I can change to some other executable but nothing to make tom tom or igo run??

Matt

Thanks

Hi Comp dad!

Just been trawlin'...it seems you might know a 'little' about this subject!!

The unit is 4.2CE.

My issue is that I cant get anything to run...

Where do I run things from?

The only access I have is to the application button which I can change to some other executable but nothing to make tom tom or igo run??

Matt
    So what have you installed... and how. Do not say TomTom.. That is like a piece of string :-)

What files did you use, and how did you do it ?

You stated you had access to TomTom 5/6/7?

Depending on if they are original or otherwise... there is a simple process that you will need to follow.

For some it is as simple as coping the files and dir structure to your SD card.

When you insert the card it will auto start or you may have to turn the system on. From there the Auto install will kick in and it is done. ie. TT6 6.03 with the 675 maps.. Keep it simple to start with..

You need to do some searching and see if others are working with you device..

This is a good to cross check the TomTom OS version Vs the Map version as they are not all interchangeable. It does not however clearly identify PDA vs Palm Vs Pocket Pc as well as one might like. It does suggest (see underline items... Hold mouse over) that the 6.02 and 5.02 etc are Pocket PC..

Thanks

I have tried installing tomtom 6 with a working map! ( I used it for months on my dopod!)

I have tried copying files (exe's) and putting them in different spots etc but I get he "failed to start" error...

Any ideas on the 'structure???

Thanks

I have tried installing tomtom 6 with a working map! ( I used it for months on my dopod!)

I have tried copying files (exe's) and putting them in different spots etc but I get he "failed to start" error...

Any ideas on the 'structure???
    dopod = piece of string... What model etc etc

As stated previously... What is the TT6 install package you are using... It is a lot more than an exe. With out this info, no one can assist you....

There is the root dir. a number of TT files required
    (dir)
    Australia
    Licences
    Raster
    tomtom
    voices
    zip
    etc

and in most cases there are files in most of these sub directories..

If you have it correct, then the Auto start files in the 2577 dir will auto install TomTom on your system when you insert the card and ask where to install... Select the SD card... do not install on the device.

Simple as that..

If it is a unofficial version or licensed to a different system... Unknown as You have not yet identified your install package ? WHY ???

Then, depending on any number of things, the install can be a bit more complicated or a no go.

I am sorry but you keep asking for assistance but providing NO info that will assist. Suggest you do a bit more with google to assist you in learning about what your trying to do. You might even look at searching for TomTom 6.03 .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by comp_dad View Post
    dopod = piece of string... What model etc etc
    Bit tired tonight?? We were all newbies once...

OK I will try to be less vague!

The phone is a dopod 838 Pro (jasjam)

As stated previously... What is the TT6 install package you are using... It is a lot more than an exe. With out this info, no one can assist you....
    The tomtom 6 is the following I think:
    ApplicationVersion=6030
    MapVersion=675.1431

There is the root dir. a number of TT files required
    (dir)
    Australia
    Licences
    Raster
    tomtom
    voices
    zip
    etc

and in most cases there are files in most of these sub directories..

If you have it correct, then the Auto start files in the 2577 dir will auto install TomTom on your system when you insert the card and ask where to install... Select the SD card... do not install on the device.

Simple as that..
    You would think so but my device wont allow that to happen!

Nothing happens (at all) when I take the card in or out. The unit came without a card and the map was already installed (it is stripped down version of igo 6 i think)

I dont get any menu etc or anything that looks like windows just the screen like this one:

It doesnt allow me back into the 'backend' only the installed menu system that allows access to the installed functions.

If it is a unofficial version or licensed to a different system... Unknown as You have not yet identified your install package ? WHY ???

Then, depending on any number of things, the install can be a bit more complicated or a no go.

I am sorry but you keep asking for assistance but providing NO info that will assist. Suggest you do a bit more with google to assist you in learning about what your trying to do. You might even look at searching for TomTom 6.03 .
    The version I have is downloaded from the net (unofficial) .

I appreciate your help and will do my best to answer your questions but you need to be patient too

Thanks

Bit tired tonight?? We were all newbies once...

OK I will try to be less vague!

(snip)

I appreciate your help and will do my best to answer your questions but you need to be patient too
    Ok... Agreed... But now we have the info we need to work with.

Step one. Back up up you SD card.

Step two get hold of at least another 512 sd card

Extract the 6.03 install to the SD card and place the map into the Australian directory.. You should have teh file structure or close to it as I described earlier.

There should be some commands in teh manual as to how to run an install... Or it may be that the system you working with is hard coded... If so this will make things a little more difficult..

Do some Google searching as to TomTom and the new unit you want it installed to.. Let me know wat you find... I am off to bed.. Big day and some major contracts to sort out..

Thanks

ok got igo working!

I copied the installed folder in my dopod into the folder where the original software was and copied the folder from my sd card on my dopod onto an SD card and hey presto it works!

Igo 8 with v14 maps...workin a treat!

Now all i have to do is figure out how to make TTS work on both devices!

Thanks

ok got igo working!

I copied the installed folder in my dopod into the folder where the original software was and copied the folder from my sd card on my dopod onto an SD card and hey presto it works!

Igo 8 with v14 maps...workin a treat!

Now all i have to do is figure out how to make TTS work on both devices!
    Well done... TomTom should do the same... But it depends on the actual install package as to how you use it..

TTS is sort of working for me... But I have other issues with either the maps or iGO8. See my other posts.

Thanks

yeh no luck there at all!

I have moved on to updating the icon to the wifes 'truck'!!!

She loves the hearts background...makes it all girly