Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A split Air Conditioning System

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

The modern method of selling is to arrange for the supply of the sold item on the 'J.i.T' system, thats reads 'Just in Time' to stop the buyer wreaking mayhem and serious injury to the seller/supplier.
    Dont worry Mr 672A, its in the Mail, definitely in the Mail.............

About 3 hours ago I rang my local Bunnings inquiring about some details of an advertised product ($1200 wood burning heater) and if the item I want is in stock or does it have to be ordered in and if so, whats the procedure.....................
    The staff member took my name and telephone number and was going to ring me back soon with the information I wanted.....................waiting................ ...waiting.......................waiting.........s sszzzzzzzxxxxxxxxzzzzz
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    The modern method of selling is to arrange for the supply of the sold item on the 'J.i.T' system, thats reads 'Just in Time' to stop the buyer wreaking mayhem and serious injury to the seller/supplier.
    Dont worry Mr 672A, its in the Mail, definitely in the Mail.............

About 3 hours ago I rang my local Bunnings inquiring about some details of an advertised product ($1200 wood burning heater) and if the item I want is in stock or does it have to be ordered in and if so, whats the procedure.....................
    The staff member took my name and telephone number and was going to ring me back soon with the information I wanted.....................waiting................ ...waiting.......................waiting.........s sszzzzzzzxxxxxxxxzzzzz
    The same happened to us at bunnings as we wanted 5 whirlybirds but only got two. They ordered a new bunch of the coulor I wanted and days zzzzzZZZZZZZZZ Weeks zzzZZZZZZZ and still noting so a fortnight later we popped in after dounf our fornight shopping and the dude there told us Sir we just sold the last ones of that color this morning F@#$%&k. I said we have order 3 more. The Binning man said Hang on !!!!! He came back and said a Customer wanted the last lot so we sold it to him. Fu#@$%^K

Yeah Great

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Well the split air con was installed today and I have to say the Older guy that did all the outside work plus the bit inside the House did a Marvelous neat job and to what I call to my standard. I even gave him 4 stainless dyna bolts to secure the outside unit so by this you can see he was thumbs up but for the young guy that did all the inside roof work all I can say was THUMBS DOWN. He was a super SHONK.
    The trouble was the cabling which is one 1.5mm SDI (single double insulated) and a T and E (twin and earth) that run from the outside unit to the inside unit was run like a catinery wire (Don't no how to spell it. NOT EVEN 10MM of SPARE CABLE) Yes it was stretched from one end to the other and it did not follow the two insulated copper pipes as it suppose (taped or cable tied all together) to for protection when crossing trusses but after I saw these two wires going over the walk way(Yes on top when it would have taken 2 extra seconds to feed them under the plank) a wooden plank way a strip of 100X 25 MM bit of timber that goes from one end of the house to the other as a means of walking from end to end on our high ceiling house to the other I Screamed F$%#@%^&*()_+| K .
    Now as for the power cable from the switchboard to the Outside unit it was found to have the same problem. HELP!!!! On a Cold day the cable might shrink and because of this it might snap for Christ sake as it was so stretched and stretched enough that it was ripping into a sharp gang nail truss plate.
    All that would have been needed was a lousy 3X1M of extra cable for all three cables, Tape the SDI and Twin and E to the Copper Liquid and gas lines and that would have been it but because the SDI and the twin and E were all by themselves away from the insulated copper pipes and these cables going over the Timber walk way I deemed this as dangerous. I rang and spoke to the Boss and he said that they should have tapped/cable tied the SDI and the Twin whilst the lot was out in the garden but they didn't. The Boss said instead of disconnecting the SDI and the twin and put them under the walkway we will drag the SDI and twin and mate them with the Copper pipes ,,,,,,,,I said MATE!!! there is not enough cable to disconnect the SDI and twin and then pass them under the walkway timber. Mate you need at least 100MM + 0f extra Cable to do that and My opinion is that you would have to wait for a hot day to stretch 25MM out of the two cables,,, The Boss said but cant we drag the SDI and twin next to the copper pipes I said its not a problem of trusses being in the way its a case that the Copper Pipes are like a BOW like the Indians used and the SDI and Twin is the string and all we need is an arrow and I will have a Good weapon. Mind you I told the Leading hand hours before to tell your mate to leave 0.5M here and there as spare,, well you can see that that was not adhered too.

Now the only way to fix this issue is a complete re wire between the two units or instead of Mohammad coming to the Mountain let the Mountain come to Mohammad and that means since the cables are stretched like Piano wire lets drag the copper pipes towards the wire and by doing this you will have mechanical protection of two cable crossing a pathway. F>&%C!@$%K. Who was it on this forum that said these type of people seemed to be attracted to me.

The Insulation Batts

Well when I first got into the roof I thought all the Cats in the neighborhood had a brawl in the roof as batts were everywhere. I confronted the Young guy about this and I said well if you think the Batts were like this you must be Joking. I said come over with your boss and I will turn the Computer on and we will see a Full Collection Of Photo's I took yesterday with yesterdays date stamped on them and ALL the 20 odd photo's showed that ALL batts were correctly fitted which they are not Now. I did not hear a Peek anymore out of him. And I did yesterday I took photo's of everything including roof tiles sarking each celing from the inside of path effected rooms, I took photo's for the Photo's.

By the way when I was quoted for this Job it was $50 dearer than the Harvey Norman installer which I did not use because of the HN Screw up. I never questioned this guys price at all but thank God if there is one that all the Viewable outside and inside work was SPOT ON.
    Help I need a friggin Drink@#F^%&? and I don't drink.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

First, I must aplogise about saying when I posted my comment about no call-back from Bunnings because they actually did, only it was the next day at 2.45pm and I had already been in and seen that morning and got the information I wanted, so THERE !!!

As for all the rest, I have to say Mr 672A is your missing the point re being frugal with cable runs and leaving everything in disarray as that, except in your case because you inspected everything BEFORE and after, means another job if not for them but another equally useless shonk to rectify and charge for later.

Its obvious the younger of that team still has a lot to learn as I was told the definition of a Tradesman is not to do it right, but to make it look good at the end...........
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Its sad that a very good install was spoiled just to save 3x 1M of extra cables. Later when I have more time after I finishing replacing a bit of plaster that had to the cut out with a bit of the stud to allow the drainage of water to flow outside the house as this internal air-con was fitted away from an external wall I will suss out the cable (Add some rubber or something) that runs from the switchboard to the external unit as this cable is extremely stretched to a point that this cable is jammed fully at the end of the truss then it goes downhill towards the outside unit but the problem is the same at both ends as where the cable goes downhill either at the Switch board or the outside Air con unit end the cable is dug into the gang nail truss plate right where the V intersection of the truss. Those gang nail truss plate are sharp and it seams every time I enter the roof and I have to go anywhere towards the gutters ends of the house (eg when I installed the Security cameras around the house) I get bitten by one of these truss plates, Blood everywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

just look at the bright side
    you have some more material to write about and something else to keep you awake at night

Thanks

Brain activity keeps me awake at night and I do try hard not to think at night as if I do I will not sleep at night and I don't like to continually take sleeping tablets. This is one of the reason why its no computer for me after 6PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    no computer for me after 6PM.
    Isn't that when your WiFi used to stop also?
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Isn't that when your WiFi used to stop also?
    Yes it stops at 9PM but at the same time that's only WiFi the main computers work 24/7. I do not go on any internet not unless its necessary after 6 PM

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12