Thread: tomtom bootloader version for ONE XL

Thanks

Default tomtom bootloader version update for ONE XL

Have this problem of slow USB transfer speeds for ages but never bothered to fix as I have always just removed the SD memory card and used an external card reader for deleting and transferring updates and files on my ONE XL. I know there is a thread in here somewhere but can't find it.

Whats the latest bootloader version I need to installer on an old ONE XL to fix the non responsive and slow USB transfer speeds?

Also is there any special method I need to go through to update the bootloader version? I want to make sure I don't brick the TomTom.
    Last edited by Greg; 05-07-15 at 08:31 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Bootloaders have nothing whatsoever to do with USB transfer speed. Bootloaders are there JUST to enable a device to "boot" up.

TT's use the slower 1.0 USB protocol but most PC's use the faster 2.0 version. Just carry on using a card reader
    S i m p l e s

Thanks

Thanks. So slower USB 1.1 is likely the problem. May also be a compatibility issue with the front USB port I was using as reported by other users of older TomTom units.

I'll probably just continue to use the card reader. As TomTom home still thinks its a TomTom unit connected when using the card reader. So much faster to update, delete and transfer files to the SD memory card.