Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concept vs Tecom

Thanks

Default Concept vs Tecom

Anyone ever done a costing comparison on the two panels for equivalent applications?, per door etc?

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cost close but customers like tecom by far over concept for easy use.99% customers don't care if good morning,good afternoon,good evening had alarm,had this,had that fault etc etc.ob and changing codes....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techy21 View Post
    Cost close but customers like tecom by far over concept for easy use.99% customers don't care if good morning,good afternoon,good evening had alarm,had this,had that fault etc etc.ob and changing codes....
    How did you come to this conclusion? At least with the faults showing they can tell what has happened, and if they aren't happy with that then you can remove messages from the process groups so they don't show up on the terminal. Sounds more of a personal preference.

Thanks

yep think the same tecom as far as users are concerned especially since v10 but concept can still do more although I would like to know the cost difference the same as you? I think cost is that close that people pick user over hardware anyday

Thanks

It's impossible to say which is cheaper without knowing the size of the system, what you want to use it for, whether it has software, and the nature of your relationship with the wholesalers for each.

Get the price lists from Hills and CSD and compere for your self. And you know you've got problems if Techy's giving you advice.
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who actually do

• The Following User Says Thank You to caffiend For This Useful Post:

bss904 (11-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caffiend View Post
    And you know you've got problems if Techy's giving you advice.
    Even worse if you act on it

Thanks

I would like to see the v10 vs integriti comparison.

Thanks

Best supported wins in my books. Try getting high level tech support for each and see who responds quickest. It won't be Hills.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Best supported wins in my books. Try getting high level tech support for each and see who responds quickest. It won't be Hills.
    It'd be Gallagher. Someone answer the phones 24/7.

• The Following User Says Thank You to dmaher For This Useful Post:

Redroverdrover (10-04-16)

Thanks

I have to declare that I am inner range tech certified.

Working out in South Western Qld we worked on everything either as a contract job for another company or direct with the customer.

Worked on Tecom with 4 x 4 door controllers etc with almost zero alarm setup and other smaller systems as well as concept and integriti both as access control with no alarm and integrity with access control etc so worked on varied systems.

If it came down to service tech time dealing with complex failures I would have to say that Inner Range support is far more responsive especially as they have 2 levels with CSD support as first level then inner range if they can't solve it. The response was from my experience more proactive in getting resolved completely rather than just resolving one step and then letting you go trying to sort out the rest.

Also at different times having to wait for a call back from Hills has been problematic and adds extra time.

Dollar for Dollar they are close in price to install so that never bothered me, software wise Integriti software is from my personal experience more flexible as well as the advantage of the connectivity options make it very flexible.

For me then it comes down to support and CSD/Inner Range have provided me with better and more timely support than has Hills so if I get the choice I recommend Integriti

Thanks

What Hills has support.........

Thanks

This type of thread pops up every now and then. What's interesting is that it would historically trigger something of a 'holy war' akin to Ford vs Holden but the responses now seem more measured.

Of note is that it relates to support and if you trawl through the archives you'll see people saying that support from Company X was non-existent 5 years ago, but superb today (and vice versa).

The point being that whatever you think of a company, service levels can and do change. I suspect several companies still have their resources drained by people who have no training or experience in any given product yet find themselves installing it. A customer somewhere is paying by the hour for them to ring tech support and ask banal questions. Never changes...

Thanks

There's the other end of the spectrum too, Dan. We don't all hire techs like Mr 21. Its those once in 6 or 12 month faults that occur often following an update or firmware change that present something you didn't expect, haven't seen and for all intents and purposes shouldn't have happened. It's at those times the vast majority will require support. Some suppliers are better at this than others with some now more akin to our largest telco, passing the buck between people, departments, branches and in some cases directly off to the manufacturer who promptly refers you back to the supplier. All the while, the techs on the clock and therein is the conundrum. You can in good conscience charge your client for all of that time so it becomes a cost to your business. Hence the need for a decent support network from the suppliers.
    Last edited by Drift; 15-07-15 at 04:00 PM. Reason: iPhone speeling

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

bss904 (15-07-15)

Thanks

Thought I would drag this one up again.

Has Tecom caught up over the past 12 months?? Obviously pouring in a heap of R&D with the new panels etc. Security Commander is a great product.

a Tech Support phonecall last week triggered the thought, Whilst waiting on a call back from interlogix thought I would give hills a try, straight through and query answered. Wasn't a run of the mill question either. a little Gobsmacked, I'm guessing Hills has picked up its game a little.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balun View Post
    I'm guessing Hills has picked up its game a little.
    I guess with a new distributor in play they had to. We don't use Hills anymore (due to the poor support) but I'd be interested to see if they lift their game now.

Thanks

I find Hills support in Sydney really good, half the time my techs in other states ring me to get answers from them cause the support in their states is non existant

Thanks

Really interesting to see the various opinions and experiences of the 'TWO' companies Hills and CSD
    I am from NZ so we don't have quite the same issues.
    Only one company supplying Tecom and one supplying Concept. Then we have the manufacturers of Cardax / Gallaghers and ICT on our back door.

Having had to access support from all of them here it seems to vary so much on a day to day basis on work load at their end.

I like most all techs have a preference for a particular product and I think that is because it's what I have used the most and feel the most comfortable using, know the most about and can do the most with.

Maybe I should go back to using Lenel.
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Default Concept/Tecom/Siemens Comparison

Around 10 yrs ago I did a extensive review, (around 80 weighted criteria points), between Concept 3-4K , Tecom V8 and Siemens Advantage for a 250 reader, some sites 250+ inputs, multi-site CI client.
    Siemens came up trumps by far for ACS but the IDS was lacking
    Tecom came up average but was limited in its IDS
    Concept was a good all over product but a bit of a pain for Access.
    Cardax were just plan arrogant so we didn't worry about them.

Concept actually won out.

It would be interesting to do the compare now with advancement in product (V10/insight) and software and add in the new products on the block.

Thanks

I personally prefer Concept to Tecom, as I've generally found the few times I've needed the support of either, that Inner Range was the more responsive. The pricing per door of both is fairly similar, as is ease of use for an end user, so I tend to lean towards who has had the better support over an extended period.

I noticed someone claimed that Tecom is easier to use, but I'd suggest the reason is more likely the technician trying to explain the system being unfamiliar with them, rather than the panels themselves, and I've yet to have a customer have issues with either system once it was explained properly to them.
    Last edited by Clay Turner; 09-05-16 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks

Further to Clay's point, I would still describe BOTH of them as commercial/industrial panels and neither of them as *hugely* user friendly the way a small residential system is, e.g. 'away' and 'sleep' type modes.

That is not a deficiency of the hardware which is built for purpose. The absolute majority of users at a 'large site' will never need to interact with the keypad. Those who do, can be trained accordingly.

Rather it's an indictment on installers or salespeople who specify an over the top Concept/Challenger 'solution' for a small site with very basic requirements. This includes homes where the homeowner wants a single door or gate to have access control and the installer doesn't know what else is out there. I also think *both* of them are quite aesthetically unpleasing which is another reason I don't normally recommend them for homes (short of twenty bedrooms).

Put simply, neither of these are 'family friendly' straight out of the box.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 09-05-16 at 02:40 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

caffiend (09-05-16)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast