Thread: [Windows 7 & 8] System Restore Explorer

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Default [Windows 7 & 8] System Restore Explorer

The 32-bit freeware "System Restore Explorer" is a tool which allows you to browse system restore points on your Windows computer and select individual ones for deletion should you wish to free up some disk space. It also allows you to mount the contents of a restore point into a folder so that you can browse and copy individual files, without the need to perform a full system restore.

IMO a much needed Windows 7 & 8 tool. Have tested it on my Windows 8.1.1 64-bit laptop. Works flawlessly.

More info and download .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

best4less (09-07-15),tristen (09-07-15)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

Surprisingly enough, System Restore is one M$ utility that I never use. In all the years of running W7 on my various machines I've not once needed it. Whilst it may be a good tool, System restore (and utilities such as this) is, to me, a bit like fitting a bull bar to a mini.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Surprisingly enough, System Restore is one M$ utility that I never use. In all the years of running W7 on my various machines I've not once needed it. Whilst it may be a good tool, System restore (and utilities such as this) is, to me, a bit like fitting a bull bar to a mini.
    It seems to me that you probably haven't understood what "System Restore Explorer" is for: it really has nothing to do with Windows's inbuilt system restore feature or equivalent 3rd-party tools. For some people "System Restore Explorer" even may be an air-bag.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

System Restore Explorer" is a tool which allows you to browse system restore points on your Windows computer
    Your words, not mine. Yet in you next post you say
    it really has nothing to do with Windows's inbuilt system restore
    , which, to me says that it doesn't utilise Windoze System Restore. It's either one or the other, and, I suspect, your first post was nearer to correct. The air bag analogy, for the program, however, is a good one.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...