Thread: Garmin Echomap 45DV - PCB info needed

Thanks

Default Garmin Echomap 45DV - PCB info needed

A mate got a boat and it had a Garmin Echomap 45DV installed.

However it was found to be not powering up. On closer inspection, the power lead and connector pins were in bad shape, so he ordered a new one.

Still no Power up. Long story short, upon opening it up; I found a chip near to power input that was blown... However I am unable to determine what the 10 pin IC is, due to damage.

If any one out there has a pic of the main board or can identify the IC. Then as the rest of the components check out OK, I am happy to obtain and see if replacing it gives him a working unit. Hate tossing things away.

See pictures below as to the IC and what I can determine so far. The little white dot is where the smoke got out LOL.

N4 ****
    716***

Ummm cant upload a pic.

Backside of the main board, gold writing. 105-02650-00 Version 4 (10mm across and 10mm Down That is the 10 pin IC i am trying to identify.)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

You have to upload any images to somewhere like imgur.com and paste the URL here.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Jungery (05-02-24)

• 02-02-24, 01:42 PM

Reason
    Links require membership of the site to view. Breaches Austech rules

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Use

Upload and post the URL here.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Jungery (05-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jungery View Post
    A mate got a boat and it had a Garmin Echomap 45DV installed.

However it was found to be not powering up. On closer inspection, the power lead and connector pins were in bad shape, so he ordered a new one.

Still no Power up. Long story short, upon opening it up; I found a chip near to power input that was blown... However I am unable to determine what the 10 pin IC is, due to damage.

If any one out there has a pic of the main board or can identify the IC. Then as the rest of the components check out OK, I am happy to obtain and see if replacing it gives him a working unit. Hate tossing things away.

See pictures below as to the IC and what I can determine so far. The little white dot is where the smoke got out LOL.

N4 ****
    716***

Ummm cant upload a pic.

Backside of the main board, gold writing. 105-02650-00 Version 4 (10mm across and 10mm Down That is the 10 pin IC i am trying to identify.)
    It is the small 10pin IC with the white insides showing.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Looks like it's a buck regulator IC (internal mosfet) ~ I would probably expect to find something else awry, which led to this failure (or died as a result of same). I would be checking the schottky diode beside the IC is ok, and all the MLC caps thereabouts....but, can't help with the part number (and that number might be an SMD marking and not a part# as such). Best luck would be finding someone with identical unit, prepared to open it up and get the number for you. Other methods to identify are long winded, often futile attempts...(requires removing IC, figuring out what part it plays in the circuit, which pins are connected to what, which package outline it is, and start searching with what params you have...and turn up nothing 'coz it was likely made in china, and no English records exist of the IC's existence =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Jungery (06-02-24)