Thread: Lego game wont run, says it needs an update. Can i do it?

Premium Member

Thanks

Default Lego game wont run, says it needs an update. Can i do it?

Modded XBOX360.
    Got Jurassic Lego world and FINALLY got to work out how to burn 8.7Gb onto a 8.5Gb disc, jeeze!

The Xbox see's the disc and starts to play, but comes up with a msg that it needs updating and stays there, no play.

I don't have this Xbox hooked upto the net, as I don't want MS to kill it, as I've heard they can.

We have a second Xbox360 that is orig and that goes on the net all ok.

So if I hook up the modded xbox to the net as the game is asking for an update, is it going to be ok?

Thanks.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Is it flashed or jtagged / rgh ?

Premium Member

Thanks

I don't know.

I think the drive is 'flashed'. it has a benq drive.

It's certainly not jtagged or rgh.
    Bought it off a guy on Austech yonks ago... it's got a 20GB hdd as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT250 View Post
    Modded XBOX360.
    Got Jurassic Lego world and FINALLY got to work out how to burn 8.7Gb onto a 8.5Gb disc, jeeze!

The Xbox see's the disc and starts to play, but comes up with a msg that it needs updating and stays there, no play.

I don't have this Xbox hooked upto the net, as I don't want MS to kill it, as I've heard they can.

We have a second Xbox360 that is orig and that goes on the net all ok.

So if I hook up the modded xbox to the net as the game is asking for an update, is it going to be ok?

Thanks.
    If you let it go on the net, and accept the update you will kill your drive flash. A better solution is to xKey it or rgh.

The game won't play because you don't have the newest dash installed (it may not technically require the newest, but needs vers. xx or up to play). If it's rgh'd, you can manually apply dash updates as often as desired (can be done from simple USB stick).

Anyway, you're stuck between a rock and hard place. If you update the dash to play, you kill the flash and it won't accept the burned dvd. You'll have to take the xbox in to be reflashed and dash updated - again, I recommend rgh or xkey.

Read more:

• The Following User Says Thank You to th37sk For This Useful Post:

GT250 (17-07-15)

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks for the help there th37sk, and the link to ozmodchips...

I don't know how much ozmod... will charge me to do this xkey thing.

I'm happy to pay a Austech expert to do it. I've always support the users/members here and if anyone would like to PM me about updating our xbox360, I'd be happy to look at those options.

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT250 View Post
    I don't know how much ozmod... will charge me to do this xkey thing.
    No affiliation but his prices are here:

Personally, I prefer RGH not to confuse you. Xk3y will allow you to go online, RGH is fully offline/homebrew.

• The Following User Says Thank You to th37sk For This Useful Post:

GT250 (18-07-15)

Thanks

Depending on the version of drive flash an update can ruin the drive flash & then you could be stuck in the endless loop update error, but if on the latest it should not affect the drive flash & doing a USB dash update can be safe.
    PrecisionMods

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ljay For This Useful Post:

GT250 (22-07-15)

Premium Member

Thanks

Ok.
    Ordered an xkey from ozmod. Well, sending the unit off and get them to isnatll/test etc. Going with the screen option as well.
    Seem very professional.

I'll post back when it's all done and let you know how I go.

Premium Member

Thanks

Well, would you believe it! 3 weeks ping ponging around Aus post!!!!

After finally arriving on Monday I was like a kid at Christmas. Phone off the hook. Mobile Turned off. Doors closed. Dog in the garden with doggy flap closed off! Told the wife to go shopping in the biggest shopping mall she can find. And to hell with credit card...

Got my new Hitachi ext HDD (already had a few iso's just waiting to be used and abused), plugged it all up and hit that gorgeous center button thing on the control pad.
    And there she was. The little blue LCD was lit up! I crawled over to her on hands and knees. And there was my drive! I pressed the middle button, OMG! the Games directory was there... I pressed again and HALAULA the games!!! I nearly cried as I held this little beauty in my pinkies....

I pressed again on a game, holding my breath not knowing what would happen next... Open Tray! I looked quickly to the xbox and pressed the tray button - but nothing seemed to happen. What?, Why? Then I noticed the USB drive spin up, the screen said Close Tray, and then Reading and OMG!!!!! Play Game! I nearly wet myself. I giggled. I smiled.
    I got back to the couch with controller in hand. Drained but satisfied. I hit the A and, well, the rest is history....

So it works just fine. Surreal in a way. I guess once you've been used to putting discs in computers since the Amiga days, it's quite weird to pop an iso file onto a drive and it becomes a disc.

Only glitch I've got now is that the ext drive goes into sleep mode causing the xbox to hang. This has happened twice now, particular when in say a 'practice' or 'setup' mode part of the game whereby it's not required to offload data for a while.
    Found a program that keeps such a drive spinning as it writes a small file at a predetermined time (eg: every 15secs and then it can delete it and it starts over again). But I don't think it's possible to have it auto run once it's plugged into the xkey.

If anyone knows a way for the drive to run such a file once plugged in to the xkey, I'd be grateful.