Thread: Online Privacy - DISCONNECT app

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Default Online Privacy - DISCONNECT app

With maintaining PC's HOSTS file you already can block hundreds if not even thousands of trackers - a tracker represents a service that attempts to collect information about you while browsing in order to create a detailed profile about what you do online.
    Predefined blocking lists exist (for example MVPS HOSTS file), often monthly updated.
    To be on the safe side, you additionally easily can extend such a predefined blocking list just-in-time by running

an application I recently came across.

Screenshot of its version for Windows OS

I use this browser plugin to find out which URLs actually were not supressed by HOSTS file and thus more or less aggressively track me. And to automatically block the trackers it detected.

Disconnect you should not see under any circumstances as the ultimate protection against tracking. Although the browser plug-in makes more than 5,000 third-party, but certainly not all on the list. In addition, Disconnect is not ad blocker as AdBlock or Adblock Edge.

Best is the privatized search it offers. Your typical searches are not private. Search engines and thousands of other companies save your personal searches and may associate them with your real name. We anonymize your search queries and let you search privately through your search engine of choice without being tracked.

BTW: In Windows it installs to <%APPDATA%>\Roaming\Disconnect\DisconnectDesktop

Note, this app creates a new TAP virtual ethernet adapter.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (18-07-15),mkhannah (17-07-15),peter3535 (17-07-15)

Look Here ->