Thread: Need Vid Card (HDMI)??

Thanks

Question Need Vid Card (HDMI)??

hey guys im having a bit of a dilemma atm :P
    im upgrading my computer atm and just about 2 weeks ago i bought my monitor/tv...
    its a samsung lcd tv 32" series 6, newest one.

now i have picked 90% or my parts tho im having only 1 problem before i order my parts...its the video card??
    i need a hdmi vid card so i can hook up my new samsung tv to it? i no i can do it thru dvi tho if possible i would prefer hdmi to get sound running off the tv and comp?
    now i will be using the onboard sound off the motherboard with my own seperate speakers 5.1 if that changes anything also?

problem is im havin trouble finding a gigabyte nvidia vid card that has a hdmi port?

any auggestions???

my system so far:

Cooler Master Centurion 5 Black/Silver Tower Case (460W)
    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R Motherboard
    Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 8000 Desktop USB
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450/ 2.66GHz/ 12MB Cache/ 1333FSB/ LGA775
    Kingston DDR3 4GB PC-10600/1333 (2x2GB) CL9 Value Ram
    Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200RPM 32Mb SATA 2
    Gigabyte Video Card with hdmi?????
    Lite-On Super Allwrite SATA DVD Re-Writer (20x/8x Dual Layer Black)*

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Do you play games? If so, what do you play? There is no point recommending a superfreakinawesome VGA card with HDMI if the hardest it will be pushed is playing solitaire on Vista, likewise getting a basic card with HDMI and trying to play Crysis is just plain silly.

Thanks

forgot to mention that, yeh i do play games, im not hardcore into it, tho i luv my counter strike source :P some crysis, cod, bf, lots of FPS games... why? will there be a prob playin them??
    iv never used onboard vid, i always buy a good vid card, it is recomended?

also this motherboard i mentioned that i want to get "Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R Motherboard" btw hasnt got HDMI on it i think, from what i read? will it be a prob?

Thanks

G'day all
    have a look at this ATi Radeon HD 3650, not ultimate gaming choice, but the price 100-130$ is worth to have a look at it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

I don't think I have seen a card with "HDMI" out, there are plenty dual DVI with DVI to HDMI converters.

Thanks

There are plenty of cards out there with hdmi on them, but I would suggest that you got something with component out instead as it tends to play nicer with the plasma I have found. I am currently running a GF8600GT and I am very happy with it. The GF8500GT that I had before with the hdmi output didnt look anywhere near as good.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

dont think the 8500GT had hdmi mate...

i know most of the new 9600GT cards do and they are quite cheap...

and dvi card can be converted using a adapter though, its the same video signal.

look at the 8800gt for a nice budget card, even some of the new 9800GTX card

Thanks

what would yous recommend out of these two cards??..

Gigabyte NX96T1GHP GF9600GT, 1Gb, DDR3, PCIE2.0, D-Sub, 2xDVI, TV-Out, HDCP $202.40

Gigabyte N28-1GH-B GTX280, 1GB, DDR3, PCIE2.0, DSUB, 2xDVI, TV-Out, HDCP $635.80

Thanks

are the 9800GTX out yet? are they hdmi compatible also?
    i might get the 9600gt im really thinkin about the 1gb version.
    also why are the 9600 so cheap? are they no good?

Thanks

Sorry, a typo the 8600 which had the hdmi out wasnt as good as the current one with the component out. They were similar cards, just that one was hdmi and the new one is component. The component output wins hands down with my setup.

Yes the 9800GTX cards are out from some suppliers. Not to many listed though as yet on the suppliers sites.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moses1 View Post
    what would yous recommend out of these two cards??..

Gigabyte NX96T1GHP GF9600GT, 1Gb, DDR3, PCIE2.0, D-Sub, 2xDVI, TV-Out, HDCP $202.40

Gigabyte N28-1GH-B GTX280, 1GB, DDR3, PCIE2.0, DSUB, 2xDVI, TV-Out, HDCP $635.80
    Personally, I'd go for the cheaper card if gaming isn't a priority. As far as bang for your buck goes, a $600 would have to make coffee for me while playing Crysis at 1680x1050 @ 60fps.

I wouldn't write of ATI's offerings at the moment. The HD3850 rocks and is cheaper than it's, well, lets say nvidia 'equivalent'. GDDR5, more stream processors, ATI have the ball at the moment.

As soon as you mention Crysis, you need a gaming card. Most here would agree with me.

Thanks

i think iv decided which vid card to choose gtx280 for now.

Thanks

my 8800GT has HDMI and i use a DVI adapter... no issues..

thing to note is that the samusung 32' is only 720p, so be aware of the max res on the montior else youre just wasting money on high res GFX card which wont be utilised to its full potential

Thanks

You'll also need a decent power supply with a combination of 8 & 6 pin connectors to run the latest high end video cards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padre View Post
    my 8800GT has HDMI and i use a DVI adapter... no issues..

thing to note is that the samusung 32' is only 720p, so be aware of the max res on the montior else youre just wasting money on high res GFX card which wont be utilised to its full potential

its actually series 6 samsung lcd tv newest one. 1080p full hd
    il be getting the gtx280...its $555. not a bad price.

also as u said, il hook it up with dvi to hdmi by adaptor.

Thanks

I built a media center a few months ago.. Basically if you're just looking to use hdmi as a convenient way to hook up to your tv, you will have a few choices. If you're looking to use HDMI because of it's special abilities (mainly related to both the audio bandwidth and security issues related to blu-ray and HD-DVD), there are some things to keep in mind:

1) Yes, you can get vid cards with HDMI out, and yes, some of them will do audio.. BUT it's only audio pass through (there is no true hdmi audio solution in any video card, at least as at a few months ago), so if you're wanting to play the new HD audio codecs used in blu-ray and hd-dvd you'll be out of luck (HDMI 1.3 is required for this both because of bandwidth requirements). Also, keep in mind that not all hdmi video/audio cards that you can put into a PC will comply with the ridiculous HDMI security standards designed to prevent blu-ray piracy (if you choose one that doesn't, again, you can forget about HD blu-ray, video or audio)

2) there is one motherboard with an integrated on board HDMI video and audio solution (true HDMI audio). It's the Asus P5E-VM HDMI.. this is what I have. It uses Intel G35 for it's graphics which is nothing special, but it's plenty good enough for anything other than games.. with this qualification..

The G35 has no hardware acceleration for blu-ray or hd-dvd, so you need a beefy processor if you want to play those (wouldn't really be an issue with any of the newer processors). The HDMI port complies with all the security mumbo jumbo, so that gets you HD video from blu-ray, as for audio though.. while the board complies with all the security standards, there is currently no software that actually recognizes this.. so we're close but no cigar.

Anyway, it depends what you want to use it for. For me, there is zero difference between the on board graphics on my motherboard and what I would get from a beefy gamers card.. there's just no need for it in a media center. However, the truth is there's really no benefit in having true hdmi audio either, since no software will let me use it.

Hope something in there was useful to someone

Thanks

asus 9600GT 1g ram..hdmi...$178..at the computer markets
    about 3 weeks ago works ok 4 me

Thanks

thnx guys, actually i will be playin alot of games so il need a good vid card for good output, even tho these days motherboards have very good onboard graphics. im goin 2day to purchase the 9800gtx+ its about the 300 mark hasnt got straight hdmi, tho comes with adaptor, mayb in future graphics cards will function better with hdmi as there startin to come out now with inbuilt surround sound and hdmi