Thread: Bosch Alarm Direct Link Cable

Thanks

Post Bosch Alarm Direct Link Cable

I moved house last year and it has a Bosch 880 Ultima Alarm already fitted with motion detectors inside the house.

One of the options to program the alarm is to connect to the base unit with a PC and software using a direct serial interface cable.

I've got the software and a laptop with a serial port.

What I'm missing is the data cable that links the laptop to the base unit. It's called a "Bosch CC808 Direct Link Cable". The cable is on the Bosch website.

I contacted Bosch and the part was discontinued 4 years ago. I have tried to get it from some of their distributors and also smaller boutique alarm companies. I even Googled it and found it in a shop in Hungary but they won't reply to my emails (probably my poor Hungarian using Google translate!). But no luck :-(

Can anyone help by either selling me the cable, or telling me where I can get it from, or telling me the pin-outs on the cable so I can make one myself (Maybe tweak a Bosch DM900 Cable?)

Thanks!!!!! :-)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The Bosch Solution 880 Ultima is a relatively simple alarm panel by today's standards. I've installed hundreds of them and never needed to use (or even own) the Direct Link cable. You should be able to program it from the keypad without too much trouble, especially if you are not using any dialler functions, or you just want to use Domestic Dial. The same cannot be said for say the Bosch 6000 panel, which really needs to be programmed via a laptop.

Thanks

Gee a lot of that gear would of been thrown out. I'm fairly sure it had a chip/circuitry inside the black module so the panel could talk 232 to the PC, so I doubt it could be easily replicated. Have you tried the site cheapalarmparts.com?
    They seem to have some older stuff.

Thanks

I wonder if the Bosch CM9000 Cable would work in place of the discontinued CC808 cable?
    It should be the same TTL to RS232 interface.
    I guess the issue is the pinouts on the circuit board, i.e. did Bosch move the 8 pins around between the two types of boards, i.e. Ultima 800 and the Solution 16?
    I guess only one way to find out .........