Thread: Where do you buy your Music CD's online?

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Default Where do you buy your Music CD's online?

Hi all, I've been buying Music CD's from Chaos Music for about a decade, however a couple of years ago they changed ownership & lately have become really flaky.
    The price is still good but the service is getting ordinary.

Ordered 8 items that were shown as in stock & has taken 3 months to get half of them. Revisiting the store shows all items out of stock? WTF.

Where do you order your hard copies of Music CD's online??
    Last edited by Tiny; 17-08-15 at 07:22 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I have tried to buy CD's of my favorite artist but was told not available in AU, tried amazon and told I cant buy because I dont live in amerika, and when I went to the local 'record shop' and asked if they had any Alan Parsons Project the dribbling moron behind the counter just looked @ me as if I'm from another planet, with the in-store 'music' (doof doof ppl talking loudly..............I think they call it rap ) was sooooo 'kin loud my ears started to bleed

So now I download all my music from the interwebs ...............................and yes, I'm a dirty pirate

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

slickstu (10-07-16),Tiny (29-06-16)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Had the same issues as you with Amazon.
    I have found that JB Hi-Fi stock a wide range of music. That's where I'm currently buying from.

Here you go; used their search for Alan Parsons Project.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Thanks Tiny for the linkage, I'll be buying hard copies now though availability has certainly changed since I last looked over 10 years ago, but still limited

Most of my favorite albums are 24bit-192kHz rips........................ohhh the joy they give me, played thru foobar to some old no name 2 way wood speakers I picked up 8 years ago

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

Tiny (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I'm a bit of a garage sale tragic, as far as buying CDs and stereo gear. I recently bought a couple of bundles where one was a box of 46 CDs in cases for $25.00 with 4 that I either had or didn't want. Another was a sleeve case with 56 CDs (no cases, but most had booklets or covers) for $20.00, one was unplayable, 2 were unlistenable (crap) and 3 I already had.

I picked this up a few weeks ago for $2.00, 4CDs with over 50 tracks:

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (30-06-16),Tiny (30-06-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Well Done Bob
    The funny thing is, i bet you could sell each one for $5 on eBay and someone would buy it
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Well Done Bob
    The funny thing is, i bet you could sell each one for $5 on eBay and someone would buy it
    Yeah, you probably could. Actually after doing some reading on another forum I'm on, I'm going to start concentrating on vinyl. But knowing which stuff to pickup is the thing. But I have often seen boxes of 50 or 60 LPs going for $5 or $10. Some of the old rare stuff can be worth a couple of hundred to collectors.

I have a couple of vinyl box sets in pristine condition myself. "Led Zeppelin Remastered" that has only been played a couple of times. And two AC/DC box sets comprising of 11 LPs that look like they've only been played a few times too. The Acca Dacca was a gift from an old bloke (hmm should say older bloke), that insisted I take them for fixing his computer for him. Apparently they were his son's who was killed on a motorcycle a year to the day before :-(. I won't be selling them though.