Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCruiser DSR600HD Twin Tuner - Terrestrial Tuner

Thanks

Default XCruiser DSR600HD Twin Tuner - Terrestrial Tuner

I recently purchased an XCruiser HD twin tuner but am unable to scan in the local FTA channels on the terrestrial tuner. I am in Ceduna (SA) and the unit will only load up the 7mux on an auto scan. When I attempt to undertake a manual scan to find the remaining services, ie SBS, ABC, Imparja, SCT etc, the preloaded terrestrial channel frequencies do not appear to have the perametres for our local FTA services.

There does not appear to be an edit function on this unit to add additional frequencies in a terrestrial search in a manner similar to loading extra transponders in a satellite search. Appreciate any advice to resolve this issue.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Hmmm well if it loads channel 7 mix then I'm guessing all the other freq are there with the correct bandwidth setting. You can scroll manually through the freq list and check. In aust we used 7mhz spacing and the rest of the world uses 8mhz. I picked up one of these boxes for myself but haven't set it up yet. If needed I will set it up and check for you. Let me know.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Hmmm well if it loads channel 7 mix then I'm guessing all the other freq are there with the correct bandwidth setting. You can scroll manually through the freq list and check. In aust we used 7mhz spacing and the rest of the world uses 8mhz. I picked up one of these boxes for myself but haven't set it up yet. If needed I will set it up and check for you. Let me know.

Leroy
    The allocated frequencies here in Ceduna would appear to be in the 8 MHz band. For example Seven 529.500, Imparja 543.50 and son on. In any event, none of these frequencies are in the pre-loaded channels in the box. Also tried a factory re-scan to no avail.

I should add that when I tried the box at my other address in Cairns, all FTA terrestrials loaded up no problems.

Thanks

ok I'll have to fire up a box and check the freq. You'll have to give me a couple of days as I can't do it tomorrow. If they are missing for whatever reason I will have to get them added to the next firmware release. I have a list that i supplied years ago to get this sorted in the ultraplus and should have carried on to these!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

ok I'll have to fire up a box and check the freq. You'll have to give me a couple of days as I can't do it tomorrow. If they are missing for whatever reason I will have to get them added to the next firmware release. I have a list that i supplied years ago to get this sorted in the ultraplus and should have carried on to these!

Leroy
    Good - thanks Leroy.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Leroy will aid you on setting up that STB but for your own info, check the Myswitch/Digital site and it has the all the details of the Kongwirra transmitter that seems to cover your area.
    In FREQUENCY order, they range from ch 30 to 40 on UHF, Band 4, Horizontaly polarised.
    TEN is on 529.5
    Nine is on 543.5
    Seven is on 571.5
    ABC 2 is on 606.5
    SBS 3 is on 613.5

Note the only channels actually 7 MHZ apart are the ABC and SBS, all the rest are multiples of 7.
    I know nothing about setting up your receiver but I had a 7 inch SD only portable Digital TV (Chinese of course) that when it was tuned for the VHF band, by default it used the 7 MHZ spacing but when it went into the UHF band, it defaulted to 8 MHZ which coincided with one channel we had here which based on your saying it finds ONE channel only reminded me of this situation.

I had to manually select the setting for every channel, which was a PIA !!!

But you said it worked in Cairns alright so why not there???
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (24-08-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Leroy will aid you on setting up that STB but for your own info, check the Myswitch/Digital site and it has the all the details of the Kongwirra transmitter that seems to cover your area.
    In FREQUENCY order, they range from ch 30 to 40 on UHF, Band 4, Horizontaly polarised.
    TEN is on 529.5
    Nine is on 543.5
    Seven is on 571.5
    ABC 2 is on 606.5
    SBS 3 is on 613.5

Note the only channels actually 7 MHZ apart are the ABC and SBS, all the rest are multiples of 7.
    I know nothing about setting up your receiver but I had a 7 inch SD only portable Digital TV (Chinese of course) that when it was tuned for the VHF band, by default it used the 7 MHZ spacing but when it went into the UHF band, it defaulted to 8 MHZ which coincided with one channel we had here which based on your saying it finds ONE channel only reminded me of this situation.

I had to manually select the setting for every channel, which was a PIA !!!

But you said it worked in Cairns alright so why not there???
    Yep - have all those frequencies and they are not preloaded into the tuner. Also, visited Kongwirra with a small TV, power supply and the XCruiser - and they still wont scan. Am hopeful this problem can be resolved by a firmware update.

Cheers

Premium Member

Thanks

As I understand and seen setting up a Terrestrial STB, it has no frequencies 'loaded' into the tuner, rather it starts at the bottom and progressively works it way from one end to another so you cant preset any frequencies into a Digital TV or STB before hand.
    Most allow you to select and manually scan a frequency but if theres nothing there to lock onto, it wont retain the memory for future use.
    Seeing you tried to do it practically under the transmitter makes me wonder if its got a problem or its as I said with that Chinese TV and not scanning using the 7 MHZ steps so lets hope Leroy can solve the problem for you.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    Yep - have all those frequencies and they are not preloaded into the tuner. Also, visited Kongwirra with a small TV, power supply and the XCruiser - and they still wont scan. Am hopeful this problem can be resolved by a firmware update.

Cheers
    No pre-stored freq should be needed the receiver should be able to scan and find them like every TV does

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    No pre-stored freq should be needed the receiver should be able to scan and find them like every TV does
    Yes I agree - but when the channels wouldn't load in an auto scan I tried to identify the individual frequencies to undertake a manual scan. End result neither are working.

Premium Member

Thanks

Go to a known channel XX for your area, manually scan and IN THEORY it should scan and lock it in but its not doing that either apparently.
    A bit stupid perhaps but theres been no damage done to the FTA Terrestrial input plug (PAL/Type F) during the move from Cairns by chance and its an 'open circuit'??

Thanks

Go to a known channel XX for your area, manually scan and IN THEORY it should scan and lock it in but its not doing that either apparently.
    A bit stupid perhaps but theres been no damage done to the FTA Terrestrial input plug (PAL/Type F) during the move from Cairns by chance and its an 'open circuit'??
    there is no function to add in frequencies as far as I can see. Its not like a sat receiver where you can add transponders and edit etc. The pre-loaded frequencies don't equate to the local channel frequencies so will wait until Leroy can fix through a firmware upgrade. In the meantime I will watch VAST through the sat tuner and cam which works a treat on this box.

Thanks

there is no function to add in frequencies as far as I can see. Its not like a sat receiver where you can add transponders and edit etc. The pre-loaded frequencies don't equate to the local channel frequencies so will wait until Leroy can fix through a firmware upgrade. In the meantime I will watch VAST through the sat tuner and cam which works a treat on this box.
    I've confirmed the issue and in touch with supplier. Stay tuned!

Leroy

Thanks

The allocated frequencies here in Ceduna would appear to be in the 8 MHz band. For example Seven 529.500, Imparja 543.50 and son on. In any event, none of these frequencies are in the pre-loaded channels in the box. Also tried a factory re-scan to no avail.

I should add that when I tried the box at my other address in Cairns, all FTA terrestrials loaded up no problems.
    Are you sure about ceduna using 8mhz bandwidth? Everywhere is 7mhz as far as i know.
    I have a solution for the moment. I have done a dump of a fdu file from my 9200 with only one bouquet scanned in (It's the ABC and i had to have something scanned in so I could dump all the freq. Just delete the channels afterward you're done)
    Once you load this you will see if you select manual in the DVBT menu you can scroll through all the freq and see them all now.
    Do an autoscan and voila! But if you do a system restore to factory it will delete all freq loaded from the fdu file. I'm in touch with supplier to see what can be done to get this sorted.

To load the fdu file, just download from this link and copy to a usb stick. Plug it into the receivers usb port and it should be auto detected and just press the red button to download.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 27-08-15 at 01:03 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

admin (27-08-15)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Are you sure about ceduna using 8mhz bandwidth? Everywhere is 7mhz as far as i know. [/URL]
    Yes, the Australian DVB-T standard is 7MHz.

I've checked the ACMA database and Ceduna/Smoky Bay allocations are indeed 7MHz bandwidth.

Perhaps the pre-loaded channel file was pre-channel re-stack?

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post

I've checked the ACMA database and Ceduna/Smoky Bay allocations are indeed 7MHz bandwidth.

According to the Myswitch site, this Transmitter did NOT retune but stayed as it was since the introduction of Digital services.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post

No it seems it's missing freq. It's got the first few lower freq and then after that the rest are missing. Not sure what's happened but the original list I sent through for the 9200 years ago I've resent so it should get updated in a newer firmware release.
    At least I have a solution for the mean time loading the fdu file above. Just odd others have said nothing or maybe they're using only twin sat tuners!

Leroy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

According to the Myswitch site, this Transmitter did NOT retune but stayed as it was since the introduction of Digital services.
    Yes, you're correct... the digital channels were not consolidated into a block, but they all however do have a 7MHz bandwidth.

Thanks

Are you sure about ceduna using 8mhz bandwidth? Everywhere is 7mhz as far as i know.
    I have a solution for the moment. I have done a dump of a fdu file from my 9200 with only one bouquet scanned in (It's the ABC and i had to have something scanned in so I could dump all the freq. Just delete the channels afterward you're done)
    Once you load this you will see if you select manual in the DVBT menu you can scroll through all the freq and see them all now.
    Do an autoscan and voila! But if you do a system restore to factory it will delete all freq loaded from the fdu file. I'm in touch with supplier to see what can be done to get this sorted.

To load the fdu file, just download from this link and copy to a usb stick. Plug it into the receivers usb port and it should be auto detected and just press the red button to download.

Leroy
    thanks Leroy - all frequencies downloaded and FTA terrestrial 'working a treat'.

Cheers

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pc9 For This Useful Post:

dashinson (27-08-15),LeroyPatrol (27-08-15),mtv (27-08-15)

Thanks

Leroy
    Leroy - can you assist again. I have moved to Rockhampton in my employment and tried rescanning the FTAs with a no result. When I checked the local frequencies they are all in the 8mhz band but none of the preloaded frequencies match. Again, I can't edit the frequencies.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast