Thread: Geutebruck DVR Help Needed ...

Thanks

Unhappy Geutebruck DVR Help Needed ...

Dear All,

I am working on very old DVR model Re_porter 16
    I can see all the video in (Camera Input) on GSC-View but I am unable to get the recording from GSC-Setup. I was able to find the fault since database from GSC-setup was inaccessible which lead me to think that HDD might be faulty. I replaced the HDD so that I can make a new database but I am unable to access the new drive since I dont have administration rights. In boot menu I can see the new HDD but in windows I can't see it in My computer menu.

Please help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Geutebruck uses windows credentials. Without it, you won't be able to perform administrative tasks, such as drive management etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Geutebruck uses windows credentials. Without it, you won't be able to perform administrative tasks, such as drive management etc.

So I have to contact Geuterbruck ???

Thanks

To also add to what intelliGEORGE said.

You're missing some steps.

A drive will not necessarily show up in My Computer. Depending on the actual setup of the storage such as hardware or software RAID/JBOD and partition/volume setup,

Also won't show up if it hasn't been formatted and partitioned of course. There are other ways to do this, but as George said if you have no access to Disk Management it will be more difficult and you may run into other issues without a Windows admin account anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmaher View Post
    To also add to what intelliGEORGE said.

You're missing some steps.

A drive will not necessarily show up in My Computer. Depending on the actual setup of the storage such as hardware or software RAID/JBOD and partition/volume setup,

Also won't show up if it hasn't been formatted and partitioned of course. There are other ways to do this, but as George said if you have no access to Disk Management it will be more difficult and you may run into other issues without a Windows admin account anyway.
    Thank you so much brother

Thanks

I know its a bit of a thread revival but I stumbled across it and felt the need to correct a misconception.
    Geutebruck DVRs (ie Geviscope/Reporter) do not use windows authentication to manage their configuration and database, the server software does its own authentication with usernames and passwords. Your windows credentials won't get you into GscSetup.