Thread: Garage Door

Thanks

Default Garage Door

Hi guys,

Given a new car purchase, we need to have a new garage remote. Unfortunately, the garage door manufacturer cannot be located - it seems they are out of business. It seems our only way forward is to replace the garage door receiver completely and get new remotes.

However, I am loathe to do this due to cost (and we are moving soon.) IS there a way I can duplicate the frequency and signal sent?

I am quite sure the remote uses a RNG and so it isn't quite as simple as in the old days of just setting a few dip switches. What would I need to do - and is it even possible without the seed without the help from the manufacturer?

Thanks guys.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have you got a pic of the remote? Elsma remotes were pretty common and can be replaced for $50-60 retail (Jaycar DSE etc). These were 27MHz and coded with 12 dipswitches under battery cover. Later remotes were UHF and some were replaceable with learning remote from Rhino. Code hopping remotes would be a little harder to replace, probably from manufacturer only.

Thanks

Post some pics, somebody may know. Do you remember what the old remote looked like? If you unplug the unit and pull the cover off there should be a manufacturer model number on the pcb which may help because it is probably made by one of the big companies.
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

If it has a manual switch facility ( usually just a pair of contacts that are wired to a wall switch in the garage) then you can get any generic w/less remote receiver & transmitter and wire the receiver o/p to the manual contacts.
    PS The Rhino code learning transmitters dont work on the Bosch RE012 /013