Thread: Why does my computer keep saying "Low disk space :D Recovery"?

Thanks

Default Why does my computer keep saying "Low disk space :D Recovery"?

I just got a new computer and I reformatted it with Vista but it keeps saying that. What does it mean?
    See rules

Look Here ->
    Thanks

When you reformated the machine there is a chance you stuffed up the partition table and the unit is now attempting to install an operating system onto a partition that is too small, alternatively if you have a card reader unit in the computer then when you've reformatted the computer has seen this as a number of small drives and again you are attempting to install to a partition or drive that is too small.

It sort of begs the question 'Why did you reformat?"
    The question is somewhat rhetorical now as you've already done it, but if you really don't know what you're doing then a good rule of thumb is to read the screen before you press enter.

Put your installation CD in again and re start the unit but this time when it get the the part about formatting select the partition with the highest numbers associated.

Good luck

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

most likely your hard drive has a hidden recovery partition, which can be accessed during boot up by pressing the appropriate keys.

Thanks

It is probably the recovery partition and the docs that came with your computer should tell you how to make recovery disks so that you can restore you computer to it's original configuration, if you want to.

If it is the recovery partition it can be hidden again and the error message should stop. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management and Change the drive letter of the D: recovery drive by right click change drive letter and remove the D: