Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teeth

Thanks

freaking dentist.
    took my 5yo son to check his teeth, she said my son will need some teeth filling and crown.
    i said how much and she said about $2k.
    so i went ahead with it, only to receive a bill over $5k.
    because she did not mention there would be a cost for hiring the theatre and hiring an anesthesiologist.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
    freaking dentist.
    took my 5yo son to check his teeth, she said my son will need some teeth filling and crown.
    because she did not mention there would be a cost for hiring the theatre and hiring an anesthesiologist.
    Yikes ! For a 5 yo ? Dont they fall out anyway ? (cant remember back that far as my kids are now adults)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yikes ! For a 5 yo ? Dont they fall out anyway ? (cant remember back that far as my kids are now adults)
    they don't fall out til 10 or 12 I think . so either fill it, remove it or let the kid be in pain for a couple years.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ben10 For This Useful Post:

admin (21-09-15)

Administrator
    Thanks

I reckon I would of removed some of their teeth when I got that bill.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

they start falling out from 7-8yrs. I'm no dentist but I'm sure if a baby tooth I is pulled due to decay the adult tooth will come through eventually. Wast of $ crowning baby teeth. I reckon you should have gotten a second opinion.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

admin (21-09-15),ben10 (21-09-15)

Administrator
    Thanks

I was also thinking that it was a bit after 6 or 7 when kids lose their teeth (remember seeing kids prep/grade 1 pics).

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

freaking dentist.
    $200 max for that with plastic restoration material; done in Dental surgery.
    EDIT: on top of the usual consultation fee which may be around $180 depending on the Dentist.

Fark me you got ripped off big time, as a former Dental Professional (Dental Technician & Laboratory owner) of 25 years in business, I can tell you that you should collect all evidence & contact the ADA (Australian Dental Assassination), get their advice then sue the Dentist.

EDIT2: I'm completely flummoxed at how a 5 year old would need a crown & why he would need to be in theater for a general anesthetic which requires an anesthetists presence.

Are you sure there isn't more behind this? Like a congenital defect (hare lip, cleft palate)or something??
    Last edited by Tiny; 21-09-15 at 06:30 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

At 54 I got lots of gaps at the back lots of fillings a few root canals. My dentist recommending dentures soon as I can afford it. Bugger..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Thanks

My teeth are like an old piano in a pub; some white, some black and some missin'

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

admin (22-09-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

I can still open a long neck with my teeth, NOT LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Got all mine except for about 20 missing.LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Got all mine except for about 20 missing.LOL
    Probably been grinding them all away watching tradies work for ya

• The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

admin (22-09-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    $200 max for that with plastic restoration material; done in Dental surgery.
    EDIT: on top of the usual consultation fee which may be around $180 depending on the Dentist.

Fark me you got ripped off big time, as a former Dental Professional (Dental Technician & Laboratory owner) of 25 years in business, I can tell you that you should collect all evidence & contact the ADA (Australian Dental Assassination), get their advice then sue the Dentist.

EDIT2: I'm completely flummoxed at how a 5 year old would need a crown & why he would need to be in theater for a general anesthetic which requires an anesthetists presence.

Are you sure there isn't more behind this? Like a congenital defect (hare lip, cleft palate)or something??
    yes I am sure there were no congenital defect/hare lip. just 3 or 4 crowns only.
    this is over 2 years ago. I still remember her name. Dr Ngu. as a matter of fact, i've just googled her. here is her website:

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

yes I am sure there were no congenital defect/hare lip. just 3 or 4 crowns only.
    this is over 2 years ago. I still remember her name. Dr Ngu. as a matter of fact, i've just googled her. here is her website:

Hi ben; as you will see in the chart below, humans don't get their first permanent teeth erupting until around 6 years of age.
    So I can not see why anyone with ethics would crown Primary Deciduous teeth, especially in a 5 year old.

3 or 4 crowns is just so unlikely except perhaps in the event of a deformity or accident necessitating the restoration of Incisors for aesthetic reasons, as they are all going to be replaced by Permanent teeth from 6 years of age & thereafter.
    Then there is the fact that they could be temporarily restored using plastic composite resin to achieve the same result for a fraction of the cost.

Even then, I would question why? when all children of that age are gong thru, or about to go thru, the process of loss of primary deciduous teeth due to the eruption process of the permanent teeth.

There must be some specific reason why the dentist would suggest it being done or whether you or your spouse wanted it done for aesthetic reasons.

The only reason I would see that might be a long shot for it to be required would be; space maintaining for occlusion to prevent misalignment or over eruption of permanent teeth in a poorly developed dentition. Still with the age of plastic composite resin long been around, it would of been my preferred option.

Age of eruption of permanent teeth

Last edited by Tiny; 22-09-15 at 02:37 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

ben10 (22-09-15)

Administrator
    Thanks

Your post reminds me of a trip to the dentist I had locally about 6-7 years ago.

Having absolutely NO faith in foreign doctors or dentists (almost bled to death from foreign DR malpractice 12 years ago), I got out the local phone book and scanned local dentists. After discarding all foreign names, I found a white one.....Dr Alex Kaufman.

After reading that name, I presumed he/she was a white jew, so made an appointment and headed on down.

Waiting in the chair and a small asian woman comes in. Uhh Ohh. WTF is going on here ??? She starts chattering about something, but I had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what she was talking about.

She jams half the dental tools in my mouth at once and then grabs a tooth with some instrument and basically stands on my chest trying to rip it out !

#### this, says me. Jam your dentistry up your arse I am out of here. Didnt pay, just left.

Unbelievable. And people wonder why I discriminate based on race when it comes to treatment ? My GP thinks my "stan ban" is hilarious....I wont see any doctor from a country that ends in stan (pakistan, afghanistan etc etc)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Having absolutely NO faith in foreign doctors or dentists (almost bled to death from foreign DR malpractice 12 years ago), I got out the local phone book and scanned local dentists. After discarding all foreign names, I found a white one.....Dr Alex Kaufman.
    My wife spent 4 days in hospital after treatment (I think it was just a lost filling) from a Pakistani or Indian dentist.

An abscess grew amazingly fast 24h after treatment that hindered her from breathing.

That said, if you need an antibiotic for tooth infection quick, cheap, no questions asked, go to a GP who's name ends with ...stan or ...ak.
    You can check first on Wikipedia that he gives you the right one.

Seriously, an abscess can become very quickly life threatening especially for those who are dependant in the Public Health system....
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I've lost all my molars except for one to abscesses. Tried antibiotics with some temporary success but ultimately the infection kills the nerve and the tooth you might save is dead anyway and destined for removal not long afterward.

These things used to be a cause of death in the not too distant past when left untreated (because there was no treatment). They can eat their way into the jawbone and cause all sorts of horrendous complications.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Seriously, an abscess can become very quickly life threatening especially for those who are dependant in the Public Health system....
    I almost had the misfortune to use the public health system.

They saw me, and advised they would pull out 4 teeth. I said no.

I saw my GP the same week who referred me under the Dental Chronic Disease scheme which allowed me $4000 of dental work, which saved me being toothless.

I hate to think of some of the poor bastards in older times as Skepticist mentioned, dying horrible deaths due to infection.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,077 Times in 3,348 Posts

I never had a problem with the dentist, it was more the he would have a problem with me....falling asleep while he trying to work on me.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Probably been grinding them all away watching tradies work for ya
    No I've had very very few tradies ever work on our house or any house due to me being so multi skilled. I only use tradies when I'm blackmailed that I have to use them "eg" installing the Split Air con only to find out that the Air Con has the gas already installed in the Compressor but at the same time I needed a Vacuum pump before releasing the gas with a screw driver.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast