Thread: Defaulting Bosch 16i

Thanks

Default Defaulting Bosch 16i

Hi,

I have been trying to completely reset my Bosch 16i panel.

I want to make some changes and the company that installed it refuse to give me the installer code, he said that they use the same installer code on all systems they install so he can't tell me but is happy to charge me $200 to come out and change it to something he can tell me....

So I am assuming if I hardware default as the per the manual the installer code should go back to the default 1234 and I can make any changes I want, reprograme and change the installer coder?

I have been trying to do this. The manual says, disconnect all power, hold down the default button and power on again. I have been doing exactly this, disconnected battery, unplugged from wall then holding in the default button on the board and plugging back in to wall power again then letting the button go. Only problem is this seems to do absolutely nothing other then restart the alarm in the exact same condition it has always been. My old codes work and the default installer code doesn't?

Am I doing something wrong? Is is possible for the installer to have disabled hardware defaulting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

There a high chance that the installer has opted for default lockout. This means it can not be defaulted that way. The only way to default it if they have done this is to purchase a Unlock Module from Bosch. Once you use this module it is rubbish as it can only be used once and from memory it costs about $80.

The other way is to try and have someone connect to it with the software via laptop onsite or remotely as sometimes the download access code is not changed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertmd View Post
    He said that they use the same installer code on all systems
    What a stooge.

It would be one thing if he was doing it years ago without realising what a foolish mistake it was - for exactly this reason.

If he's still doing it though, well...

Noting also that some installer codes will also disarm the panel, there is a serious fraud risk both to his company (and him personally) as well as the clients.

I excerpted an article I wrote on the subject and it's absolutely relevant to RobertMD's problem.

Thanks

Thanks,

I was hoping that wasn't the case but appears it is. I guess I don't really have a choice but to get him out to reset it for me. Going to be the quickest and easiest solution.