Thread: Selling security access control equipment WITHOUT a licence?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Angry Selling security access control equipment WITHOUT a licence?

Hi there,

I am the chairman of a building located in Lidcombe, NSW.
    I asked three security companies for a quotation for 150 pieces of HID Prox keyfobs. (with specific site code and card range.)
    It appears that one of these three company is NOT a licenced security company. But they sent me a formal quotation and are 30 % cheaper than the other two...

I do not accept working with people stealing business from other legitimate companies (that own a security licence).
    So what should I do?

I had a look at the Legislation, it appears that you are not allowed to carrying on "security activity" without a Licence.
    Under "security activity", I see "(e) selling: (i) any security equipment"
    "security equipment" is defined as "(b) any mechanical, electronic, acoustic or other equipment designed or adapted to provide or enhance security or for the protection of any property"
    Those electronic keyfobs that we use to unlock the front door of the building are here to provide/enhance/protect our property. Am I correct?
    Are electronic keyfobs considered as security equipment? I don't find it clearly stated anywhere.

If you want more details, please contact me by PM. The more we are against these people the easier it will be to get them sanctioned.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Helene For This Useful Post:

jk86 (21-09-15)

3. Look Here ->