Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBN VoIP and Alarms

Thanks

I am following this 2G shutdown, as I do have a couple of sites that are reporting via 2G, what amazes me is that I can still go to places, and on my mobile phone loose all 3G and 4G and end up on a EDGE network. I am buggered how the 2 largest networks in Australia can shut down a network without adequate coverage replacing it.

I am just gob smacked by it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    I am buggered how the 2 largest networks in Australia can shut down a network without adequate coverage replacing it.
    I suspect they will have replaced 2G with 3/4G by the time they flick the switch. That said, they have an obligation to voice services and not data/M2M and the impact of the 2G sunset on voice will be practically zero.

I think the shutdown of the analogue TV networks has demonstrated that Australians can manage this type of change without the sky falling in.

I see it as a big opportunity for this industry. The days of mounting a panel on the wall and having it cheerfully sit there for twenty years, are over.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

MCman (12-10-15)

Thanks

I guess the biggest part of the problem is that clients won't know they are 2G or 4G or whatever for their backup.
    But I'm hearing you. Its an opportunity for the industry pick up the game as a whole, become more proactive and understand times have changed a little.

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    I suspect they will have replaced 2G with 3/4G by the time they flick the switch. That said, they have an obligation to voice services and not data/M2M and the impact of the 2G sunset on voice will be practically zero.

I think the shutdown of the analogue TV networks has demonstrated that Australians can manage this type of change without the sky falling in.

I see it as a big opportunity for this industry. The days of mounting a panel on the wall and having it cheerfully sit there for twenty years, are over.

• 24-09-20, 06:18 AM

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123