Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bosch B426 and 3000

Thanks

The B426 is a bit of a pain to set up. But if you follow the Hunter Riley instructions religiously, it isn't too bad.

A-Link can be downloaded from the Bosch Australia website - try .

Once set up correctly, I think you should be able to use A-link to remotely administer the alarm. And the mobile app should give you the ability to monitor it to some extent, although I find it pretty limited - maybe I haven't mastered it as yet.

I eventually got mine working again - I think there was a bug in the panel that was writing a problematic configuration back to the B426. I eventually got it to connect and uploaded my backup of the configuration to the panel. Hopefully it keeps working.....

Dave

Thanks

thanks for the reply. I must be blind when looking for the Alink cause I went to the bosch software page and couldn't see anything at the time that I thought was relevant...I;ve grabbed the software now and the hunter riley pdf. I'll have a chat with my installer and hopefully happy days...

thanks again

Thanks

I would like to say thanks to everyone who has helped out here. With a bit of work I have RSC working on my mobile talking to a Sol 3000 with a B426 module.

One issue I had initially was the same as Elephantoplasty, where I would have "IP module 1 miss" and not being able to connect with A_Link, though I could connect to the B426. Sorted this by instead of enabling 721, I had to enable 722. Hope that helps others.

The issue I have now is just trying to work out email reports from the Sol 3000. For some reason I can't get that working at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it?

Thanks.
    James.

Thanks

Not sure I have any great suggestions. It does work for me. And I'm using gmail which can be a problem from what I have read.

I'd suggest making sure the firmware is up to date on the B426.

With gmail, I have server port for 465, and security option set to encrypted. Other than that, I think my settings are pretty self explanatory.

Oh, and you need to set up the receivers for email.

Dave

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a Bosch Solution 2000 alarm system. I want to purchase the B426M IP Ethernet module add on card.

I will need an ethernet point from my existing network to connect to it. I don't have a network point next to the alarm, do you think I could use a wireless bridge and make it work?

Thanks,
    K.

Thanks

The wireless bridge should work.
    Also make sure that your 2000 panel has the latest firmware to support the IP module.

Thanks

Default S3000 and B426M

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantoplasty View Post
    Hi All,

I have run out of ideas trying to get my B426 working with my 3000 panel, and am hoping someone here can help.

I have primarily been using the instructions from Ben Milner at Hunter Riley, and have followed them religiously. I have also tried the Visio ones, and the result is always the same

I can access and set up the B426 through the web interface, change the IP and other settings, set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', set up a new A-link customer etc., but I can never get A-link to connect - it always comes up with a 'Communication failure' error.

I have tried:
    • Different settings
    • Different PC's
    • Different ports
    • All the different SDI2 interfaces on the 3000 panel

and the result is always the same.

Now the thing I am wondering about is whether there is some issue in the communication between the panel and the B426.

Before I set is Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the indicator LED on the B426 shows the code for a bus communication error. Once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the indicator LED on the B426 shows the code for normal operation, and the data bus LED's on the B426 flash every 5 seconds or so. However, once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the touchscreen panel always shows the error 'IP Module 1 miss', which I presume means IP Module 1 missing.

So I figure if the panel doesn't know the B426 is there, then trying to connect with A-Link it isn't going to work. But once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure' the B426 LED is showing normal operation, so it seems happy that the communication with the panel is OK - it is just the panel that doesn't think the B426 is there.

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to activate on the panel before it will recognise the B426?

I have installed a B810 Radion receiver, and that set up perfectly first time, so the SDI2 bus on the panels appears to be working correctly.

I would appreciate any suggestions - I have run out of ideas and have burnt hours returning the B426 to default and trying again, always with the same result.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I finally got the S3000 and a B426M working after a couple of days of headaches. The S3000 V2 firmware has, I think, been updated. There is a values in parameter 721 (or 722) specifically for the B426/B426M. Then the cloud connection parameter needs to be set to YES. The B426M also needs the latest firmware - I couldn't
    get any connection through A-Link until it was updated.
    Once these things are right then the connection basically just happens. The only other thing I got caught with was the installer code - you need to change it from the keypad, then update in A-Link and reconnect.

My current issue is with the RSC+ connection - I can see the alarm panel from an iPhone on Wifi on the same network but there is no connection on 4G. Has anybody managed to sort this one out? Bosch basically says that it all just works but I'm suspicious that there might need to be some port forwarding or other firewall settings. I'm using a Sophos XG firewall so maybe something specific needs to be set there.

Thanks

Default RSC+ Working

Looks like I didn't give it enough of a chance - the RSC+ app connected to the alarm over mobile data today. I think the login and connection process is a bit unreliable - it's not unusual to have to try teo or three times to get a connection.
    Push notifications seem to be more reliable though.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to get A-link Plus V5.0 software.

Thanks

Default Same configuration Issues

Like most in this thread, I have have had issues configuring a B426-M so that it would work in a Solution 3000 system. After limited (no) success with a B426-M I installed a B450-M which really was plug and play and worked perfectly. I was particularly interested in using RSC+ to monitor the system whilst overseas, this too worked perfectly. Upon my return, NBN arrived so I revived the B426-M, and back to the beginning... 6 months later it still did not work. I had tried all the suggestions in this thread, to no avail... until yesterday that is. I went through the process again, and low and behold, I can now log into the system remotely via A-Link Plus, change settings etc. so all would seen good.... What does not work however is the RSC+ app, which will not connect to the panel. Looking at the status via A-Link Plus (as I write this) shows "Module 1 Cloud:Offline". I have enabled Cloud Connect under : Network module programming > Advanced Network Setting so it should work, yet it does not. I would prefer to use the B426-M over the B450-M, so any insight into what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am so pleased to have found this thread.
    I thought I was the only one having issues installing the 3000 panel, ethernet component and using the RSI+ and A-Link software.

Thank you all for your comments past. They have helped me get to a point where I can arm and disarm the alarm from my phone.

I still don't receive notifications fro the RSI+ application (which was one major reason I bought the bloody thing in the first place) - but hopefully I can get that sorted.
    Same with email notifications. Who knows who put this system together as it is not so user friendly.

How is everyone else going with their systems???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Free Again View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to get A-link Plus V5.0 software.
    These guys have a onedrive link to the latest Alink software. It's free. Don't "add to cart", just click on the link in the actual listing.

Thanks

If you had the system working with the B450-M unit, there is actually nothing to change to get the B426-M unit working. Disconnect the B450-M, make sure the B426-M is set to the same network address via the selector on the bottom RHS of the board. Reboot your system and the B426-M should "just work".

Remember that your QR or Cloud ID will be different, as this is stored in the B450-M/B426-M respectively and they all have unique QR codes, so you'll need to "add" another panel to the RSC+ app with the new QR code of the B426-M.

Other things to check:
    Main panel is V2.0.0 or higher (otherwise the Bxx-M will not work)
    Board is a B426-M NOT a B426 (which doesn't report).

Thanks

Angry B426-M wrong firmware

Hi

I accidently installed B426_v3.11 firmware onto my B426-M which is incompatible... I now cant connect to the ip module via web the browser, is there anyway to install the correct B426-M_v3.10 firmware or have I bricked the ip module?
    Last edited by OATE5Y; 09-09-21 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OATE5Y View Post
    Hi

I accidently installed B426_v3.11 firmware onto my B426-M which is incompatible... I now cant connect to the ip module via web the browser, is there anyway to install the correct B426-M_v3.10 firmware or have I bricked the ip module?
    Hi Oatesy, I am in a similar boat. I installed the v3.10 firmware on my B426-M and while I can get to the login page it does not accept the default password.

Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonAnon View Post
    Hi Oatesy, I am in a similar boat. I installed the v3.10 firmware on my B426-M and while I can get to the login page it does not accept the default password.

Jon
    i had exactly the same thing. now it stuck on the login screen and keep rejecting the default password (B42V2)

have you had any luck with that ?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aussie77 View Post
    i had exactly the same thing. now it stuck on the login screen and keep rejecting the default password (B42V2)

Thanks
    No luck and I have pretty much given up on it.
    I even purchased a DLA module so that I can talk to the panel via USB and ALink software and no matter what I do the B426-m will not allow login.
    Defaulting the panel did not work either.

Thanks

sorry to hear that. i just started so i guess too early for me to give up. will keep you updated if i reached a solution.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Default B426m - same issue

Quote Originally Posted by aussie77 View Post

Thanks
    Experiencing exactly the same issue. I updated the firmware in the hope it would fix my problem where the RSC+ app was not able to connect from outside my network, which meant I could not Arm/Disarm remotely. Now not accepting default password. Anyone having any luck resolving?

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast