Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bosch B426 and 3000

Thanks

There is new app update being released in the next week or 2 I believe..... will wait and see...
    Also updated panel firmware for Sol 2000/3000 panel.

The app update will fix issues with telstra modems etc and some other minor improvements.

But if you have updated firmware in B426M you probably might of bricked the unit!
    Also look at this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    There is new app update being released in the next week or 2 I believe..... will wait and see...
    Also updated panel firmware for Sol 2000/3000 panel.

The app update will fix issues with telstra modems etc and some other minor improvements.

But if you have updated firmware in B426M you probably might of bricked the unit!
    Also look at this thread.
    Yes, I think mine is now pretty much bricked and have decided not to waste any more time on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon360 View Post
    Experiencing exactly the same issue. I updated the firmware in the hope it would fix my problem where the RSC+ app was not able to connect from outside my network, which meant I could not Arm/Disarm remotely. Now not accepting default password. Anyone having any luck resolving?
    Try going to location 0083 and put in 10x zeros. This resets the password in the alarm panel.
    Also, in general, don't log into the B426-M via a web browser. Only change programming in the alarm panel itself.

Thanks

Default Change the installer code

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantoplasty View Post
    Hi All,

I have run out of ideas trying to get my B426 working with my 3000 panel, and am hoping someone here can help.

I have primarily been using the instructions from Ben Milner at Hunter Riley, and have followed them religiously. I have also tried the Visio ones, and the result is always the same

I can access and set up the B426 through the web interface, change the IP and other settings, set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', set up a new A-link customer etc., but I can never get A-link to connect - it always comes up with a 'Communication failure' error.

I have tried:
    • Different settings
    • Different PC's
    • Different ports
    • All the different SDI2 interfaces on the 3000 panel

and the result is always the same.

Now the thing I am wondering about is whether there is some issue in the communication between the panel and the B426.

Before I set is Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the indicator LED on the B426 shows the code for a bus communication error. Once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the indicator LED on the B426 shows the code for normal operation, and the data bus LED's on the B426 flash every 5 seconds or so. However, once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the touchscreen panel always shows the error 'IP Module 1 miss', which I presume means IP Module 1 missing.

So I figure if the panel doesn't know the B426 is there, then trying to connect with A-Link it isn't going to work. But once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure' the B426 LED is showing normal operation, so it seems happy that the communication with the panel is OK - it is just the panel that doesn't think the B426 is there.

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to activate on the panel before it will recognise the B426?

I have installed a B810 Radion receiver, and that set up perfectly first time, so the SDI2 bus on the panels appears to be working correctly.

I would appreciate any suggestions - I have run out of ideas and have burnt hours returning the B426 to default and trying again, always with the same result.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hey Dave,

No doubt years too late; however I just had the same issue and have been tearing my hair out as to why I could get the B426-M unit connected to the cloud (and to the RSC+ app), but couldn't get the bloody A-link software to connect. I think I read (possibly here, possibly somewhere else), someone said to change the installer code (on both the Solution 3000 and in A-link). It seemed like a massive long shot - but it worked and A-link now connected. Worth a go if you haven't already binned it and moved on!-)

Cheers

Stephen.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123