Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bosch B426 and 3000

Thanks

Default Bosch B426 and 3000

So first time touching Bosch IP cards, not so fun

So plugged in, on DHCP checked the lease table and logged into the IP card. First thing I noticed was when trying to set Ethernet settings as static and not DHCP they would not save. Multiple reboots and the device still used the leased address.

Secondly, we have 2 led keypads on the 3000 panel, with NO DLA serial converter is it possible to program primary and secondary receiver IPs and ports and also account number into the panel for monitoring? I imagine this info needs to be programmed into the panel and not the IP card itself? If so how is this possible with a LED keypad?

Also do I need to tell the panel there is a IP card connected for remote access using the Bosch app? I have already forwarded UDP 7700 to 192.168.1.253 (obviously port not open as I can't get the card to set static IP).

Then tried opening the app, and was hit a beautiful screen asking for licence keys rung tech support and they told me I need to register on the Bosch website, download some software and register this way, then wait 30 - 60 minutes for a licence key.

Also after being told that there is no webserver running on the B426 and access to it through HTTP/HTTPS is not possible. (I just did this and logged in)

Now I'm super confused lol. Would love to name and shame to tech support idiots. Seriously!
    Last edited by deanfourie; 06-10-15 at 02:47 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Section 81 set to 2 will allow you to configure it from that panel programming, this will also allow it to communicate to recover 1&2. I had a bit of a play with one a while ago but can't remember a lot. Page 39 on the install manual has this info on it.

Thanks

There is a very specific procedure to get that unit going, once you've followed it it's fairly straight forward but any small deviation seems to have dia consequences. You web browse into the IP Module to program it then it gives you access to your panel via alink software. Do you have the Visio instructions Deanfourie?

Thanks

Yea they are horrible. Turn out it came from supplier with the jumper on mode not on tamper, which it will not function if the jumper is on the mode pins. F*%# sake!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    There is a very specific procedure to get that unit going, once you've followed it it's fairly straight forward but any small deviation seems to have dia consequences. You web browse into the IP Module to program it then it gives you access to your panel via alink software. Do you have the Visio instructions Deanfourie?
    Yea I figured all that out.

The only thing that bugs me is, IP support usually makes things easier, not harder. So now you need the Alink software the serial cable to program an IP unit into the panel.

Seems stupid.

Thanks

You don't need the serial cable, I never bothered with one. I agree it should be easy given the merging with an established technology like TCP/IP. Somehow Bosch has made it complicated. I did my first 6000 with the IP module and it's a different experience again

Thanks

Is it actually possible to program a Solution 3000 via the B426? I can't seem to get A-Link+ to connect, it fails when verifying the panel via the Link button

Thanks

The IP module gets easier after the first one, and I wouldn't bother wasting your time talking to the bosch tech support.

The Bosch Remote Security app doesn't require a licence, it does how ever need a certificate that you generate from the panel programming. Ill try my best to list the steps that will get the module up and running. I'm assuming that you've connected the B426 to the 2000/3000 and have it plugged into the router via an ethernet cable. Your laptop will also need to be connected to the same network as the module.

Set location 81 to 1

You'll need a copy of the A-link Plus software and the Remote Security Certificate Builder software.

1. Power down the panel, set the rotary address switch to #9 and move the link from tamper to mode.
    2. Power up the Panel. At this point the module will take a minute or two before it has an IP.
    3. Open up internet explorer and type in the modules address. This will take you to the B426 login page, the password is B42V2...I generally use my phone and an app called Fing to discover the modules address, it'll come up called Bosch Security Systems when you scan the network. Theres also a program called Angry IP that will scan a network or use the router. I find Fing the easiest and quickest.
    4. Click on Factory Default then OK, pretty sure it will prompt you to SAVE and EXECUTE.
    5. Click on Encryption and Security and enable "Web Automation Security". Click OK
    6. Click on Maintenance and set "Web Access Enable" and "Panel Programming Enable" to YES. Click OK to confirm.
    7. Click BASIC PROGRAMMING, set DHCP to NO. Then enter the IP address you want the module to be and the subnet mask (Your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0). Then click OK to confirm...You don't need to set a gateway. You only change the IP and subnet mask.
    9. Click SAVE and EXECUTE and then OK. You can then logout of the B426.
    10. Power down the panel, move the link from mode back to tamper and set the rotary address switch back to #1. Then power the system back up...I'll run a network scan with fing to make sure the module has the static IP address or you can enter the address into Internet Explorer and if the login page loads then its all good.

That process will setup the module. The rest is done via the A-Link software and Certificate builder.

Just need to fire up my laptop and ill write up the A-link instructions.
    Ive never setup one of these modules to report over IP but if you look at the bottom of page 21 in the quick reference guide it has instructions on how to program the IP items via A-link
    Last edited by jdkal; 11-10-16 at 10:09 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdkal For This Useful Post:

secure (13-10-16),SnappaYC (08-11-16)

Thanks

Wink

Heres the A-Link instructions, hopefully it makes sense. You also want this to be the last thing you do. So you need to have finished your panel programming and setup the clients code. You also need to forward TCP port 7700 to the IP address of the IP module.

1. Launch A-Link and login
    2. Create a new customer. Under Customer Information you have to fill out Customer Number, Customer Name (what you enter in this field is how the system is named in the app. I usually just call it "Smith Residence" or the business name if its commercial), and the Control Panel IP address. Panel port should already be set to 7700.
    3. Click "Control Panel Configuration". Change the Panel Series to "One Solution" and then select the Panel Type. Once you select the panel type a list of programming options should appear and in the parameter table you should see "Installer Code" and it will have a default value of 1234, you need to change this to the panels installer code.
    4. Click "Link" and change the "Communication Model" to "Network Connect (TCP/IP SSL)" and the click "Connect"

At this point it should connect to the panel. From memory a dialog box will display telling you there are differences between the A-Link database and the Panel and it gives you the option to "upload from control panel" or "download to control panel". You want to "upload from control panel". If my memory is wrong on that dialog box theres an option to "upload from control panel" bottom right on the link page.

5. Once A-Link has the information from the panel you can disconnect.
    6. Open a web browser and google "whats my ip". Google will display your public ip address...If you get an IPv6 number, which looks like this "2001:0db8:0a0b:12f0:0000:0000:0000:0001" you'll need to goto a site like "whatismyipaddress.com" and get the IPv4 number "x . x . x . x". You can also get this information from the modems web portal.
    7. Go back to A-Link and click on "Customer Information". You need to change the "Control Panel IP Address" to the public ip address. The reason you need to change the IP address is because when you generate the certificate for the app it gets the address from A-Link. This means it is very important that the client has a static IP because if the IP changes you'll need to generate a new certificate. If its not possible for the client to get a static ip, setting up a DDNS account should work and you would enter the DDNS address for the "Control Panel IP Address".
    8. Save the Customer and exit A-Link

9. Launch the Remote Security Certificate Builder. You'll be prompted for a user name and password, and if its the first tine you've run the program it will also need you to setup the database. To setup the database click "Database Settings" and then click "Manage" next to A-Link. You then need to specify where the A-Link Database is. The default location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bosch Security System\A-Link Plus\Database", save and ok back to the login page. The user name and password will now be the same as A-Link (default is admin/ADMIN)

10. Select the account you want the certificate for, on the right hand side you'll see the IP address/hostname and the port number. Make sure they're correct and then click "Build Certificate"

11. It will then ask to select a user (make sure what ever user that is selected that the client doesn't change that code. If they do the app will stop working and you'll need to update the code in A-Link and create a new certificate), click next and make sure "Ethernet (wired network)" is selected, click next and set the "Active Date Range" (if the panel date and time is set before or after this range the app won't let them login), click next and it will display the certificate summary and it will give you two options "E-mail" or "Open Location".
    The email option will apparently create an email with instructions on how to apply the certificate and attach the file. I don't have a mail client setup on my laptop so I just open the location and copy and paste the file to my desktop. Then I just login to my gmail account, new e-mail, attach the certificate and email it to an address the client can access from their phone. If they already have the app installed all they have to do is click on the attachment and they'll be asked to "Open with RS Control Certificate". This will load the file into the app.

12. Open the app and select "Choose a panel profile" and then click on the client. You can enter the code and connect.

Hope that helps you or anyone trying to make one of these bastards work.

As mentioned in an earlier post the 6000 setup is completely different and soon much easier, its all done from the keypad. Only problem with the 6000 is the app isn't free and theres a monthly subscription to use the service.
    Last edited by jdkal; 12-10-16 at 12:59 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdkal For This Useful Post:

secure (13-10-16),SnappaYC (08-11-16)

Thanks

Default Bosch 3000

Hello, I have a Bosch Solution 3000 alarm, that I installed myself, I have managed to set up the A-Link software ok to upload and download to the control panel.
    The problem I need help with is how to set up the email alerts I always get a route1 error message on my panel and no emails.
    Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

The problem I was facing was that A-Link wouldn't verify a match to connect to the panel when I would try to link. Not sure if the version upgrade helped or not, but I upgraded the V4.9. I also selected 3000 V1.1, despite my panel sticker saying V1.0 (selecting V1.0 wouldn't connect). I'll be looking at alerts, etc., soonish, and will post back with results.

Thanks

Default Thanks jdkal

Thanks mate, saved me heaps of time.

One thing I came across was, after putting the card back to TAMPER and address 1, I wasn't able to log back in.
    I had to change to HTTPS from standard HTTP.

Thanks

Glad it helped you out...ive never had an issue logging back into the device but good to know if i do i just need to try https.

Thanks

Default unable to log in to Certificate builder

I have had the sames issues but managed to get up to building the security certificate.

The only problem now is it worn't let met log in with the A-link username and password to certificate builder. I have even tried with a new user name and password with ADMINISTRATOR privileges that has certificate builder access. I have even tried installing the software on another windows 10 PC. Has the same problem. Tried with opening the app as an Administrator on windows. No luck. Has any one come across this problem? If so how did you resolve?

I can use the same username and the password to get in to A- Link with no problem. Have been tinkering on this for weeks now. Need help bad.

Thanks

Have you got it sorted? I just use ADMIN, ADMIN. all caps for both.

Thanks

Default A-link plus and RSC builder ADMIN ADMIN issue

nelzi
    Not sure if you have sorted this
    I had the same issue with A-link plus and RSC builder.
    Traced the program using Microsoft's process monitor.
    Found a reference to Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0. Entry in registry was missing.
    Checked and verified this was the case.
    RSC builder can't check user name in the A-link plus database (A-link plus uses .mdb ) without this, hence the error.
    Downloaded and installed
    Problem fixed

Thanks

Ive just been researching the B426 as im looking to purchase a bosch security system. It seems there is enough info in this thread, but not mentioned are the tutorial videos which can be found here:

Watching them it looks like there are some differences between the encryption configuration of the older and current panel models and firmware but it looks pretty straight forward. Its a bit weird how the initial connection uses a failed DHCP connection and then the device uses a default IP on the range you get. This is certainly not normal and I can see how it'd not be expected by IT folk (it would have confused me) who would consider this a failure condition rather than success. I guess it works fine when you about it though.
    Last edited by antus; 06-05-17 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

Default Run out of ideas......

Hi All,

I have run out of ideas trying to get my B426 working with my 3000 panel, and am hoping someone here can help.

I have primarily been using the instructions from Ben Milner at Hunter Riley, and have followed them religiously. I have also tried the Visio ones, and the result is always the same

I can access and set up the B426 through the web interface, change the IP and other settings, set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', set up a new A-link customer etc., but I can never get A-link to connect - it always comes up with a 'Communication failure' error.

I have tried:
    • Different settings
    • Different PC's
    • Different ports
    • All the different SDI2 interfaces on the 3000 panel

and the result is always the same.

Now the thing I am wondering about is whether there is some issue in the communication between the panel and the B426.

Before I set is Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the indicator LED on the B426 shows the code for a bus communication error. Once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the indicator LED on the B426 shows the code for normal operation, and the data bus LED's on the B426 flash every 5 seconds or so. However, once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure', the touchscreen panel always shows the error 'IP Module 1 miss', which I presume means IP Module 1 missing.

So I figure if the panel doesn't know the B426 is there, then trying to connect with A-Link it isn't going to work. But once I set Menu 721 to 'Use, not configure' the B426 LED is showing normal operation, so it seems happy that the communication with the panel is OK - it is just the panel that doesn't think the B426 is there.

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to activate on the panel before it will recognise the B426?

I have installed a B810 Radion receiver, and that set up perfectly first time, so the SDI2 bus on the panels appears to be working correctly.

I would appreciate any suggestions - I have run out of ideas and have burnt hours returning the B426 to default and trying again, always with the same result.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Thanks

Default Update...

OK, I think I have found the issue, and it isn't good news for me. But I thought it might be informative for others struggling with a B426.

I updated the firmware on the B426 when I first got it but noticed last night that, despite the update apparently running through to completion, it was still the original firmware (3.01). I ran the update again, and whilst it said it all worked, the firmware didn't update.

On doing a bit more research to understand this, I discovered that there are hardware versions 1 and 2 of the B426, and the V1 hardware can't be updated to the more recent firmware. Physically, the hardware versions are almost impossible to tell apart. But they can be, and mine is hardware V1. The installed firmware doesn't support the 3000 panel, and the firmware can't be updated to the more recent versions which do support the 3000 panel.

I have had the B426 for a while (used on a previous panel), so looks like I will need to purchase a new V2 version. The release notes that outline the hardware and firmware differences can be found .

So I need to get a new V2 B426 - at least I think I have an answer and won't be spending more hours trying to make it work.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave

• The Following User Says Thank You to Elephantoplasty For This Useful Post:

secure (11-06-17)

Thanks

Hi all,
    I've recently had a Sol 3000 with a B426 installed at my elderly parents place many 100kms remote from me and I have some concerns about set up and function. My thought was I could provide them with remote support via the 426 configuring it over the internet if their needs change and it might give me some additional monitoring options as they age. I'm unable to commnicate with it via its lan IP address (when using dads PC on the LAN via teamviewer) so I figure its not correctly setup yet. The installer has agreed to come back to site to help properly configure the 426 but I'm concerned that without the proper software I'm not going to be able to do what i want anyway. The mobile user app seems like a glorified keyfob and what I want it to be able to configure things like zones, siren times and the like. I sent a message to Bosch support and while their initial response was helpful all of my followup emails for clarification have gone unanswered (not impressed...).

I think I need this A Link software that is mentioned but it does not seem downloadable from bosch so I expect it an installer only thing and that concerns me that I may not be able to have the remote programming access I desire. Should I have got a disk with the hardware that contains that software?

I've got a head swiming with questions and not sure how to frame them. Perhaps the best way to ask is: Am I supposed to be able to do what I want to do via the B426 or am I fundamentally wrong about its purpose? If not, how do I get what I want up and running? - what do I need? Armed with this I think my phone discussions with my installer will be more productive.

Thanks
    SJ

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast