Hi guys,

I've had an issue with my Bosch Ultima 880 panel where the batteries keep displaying as faulty.

I'm comfortable replacing the batteries and would expect them to last anywhere from 3 to 5 years on average, however I had issues with one maybe 3 to 6 months after installing it. I knew the supplier and he gave me another battery to test and it had the same issue as well. I'd be surprised if it's a bad batch of batteries, but I can't rule it out.

It gets the exclamation inside the triangle, to indicate the fault and then when I go into fault analysis mode, it always shows 1, but then sometimes 2. These seem to be 1 for battery, 2 for date which makes sense.

There's also been a few false alarms and when I enter I can see that all PIR's show for recent events, which I assume is due to low power at the PIR's.

It seems to be somewhat intermittent too. I don't believe the entire battery has failed, or the charging circuit as when I've run a multimeter across it, the voltages seem acceptable. The voltage on the battery does get low, but then also charges up and the error goes away, sometimes for months, so if it had failed completely, that wouldn't be the case.

The other thing that I've noticed, is that it seems to be more frequent in warmer weather, but that's more observational than confirmed.

From what I've read, mainly on here, the panel runs mainly off the battery and then uses the power adaptor to top up the battery. I also read a handy tip from one of the guys here that corrosion on the terminals could be an issue too, but they seem fine when I inspected them.

I'd be considering a new battery from a different supplier and then potentially a new AC adaptor, but it would be great to get some advice from the experts before I jump in with my logic alone! ;-)

Any tips would be really appreciated!

Thanks