Thread: Ebay and paypal

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Ebay and paypal

Just asking
    I have been a customer with the same account for nearly 9 years with Ebay and have purchased over 400 items from them in this time but I have not sold much with them (say under 10 items) How long does it take before Paypal sends the funds to our bank account once the Item has been sent and advised it has been sent?. 1 week 2 weeks, 3 weeks.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Just asking
    I have been a customer with the same account for nearly 9 years with Ebay and have purchased over 400 items from them in this time but I have not sold much with them (say under 10 items) How long does it take before Paypal sends the funds to our bank account once the Item has been sent and advised it has been sent?. 1 week 2 weeks, 3 weeks.
    Bit the same as you, bought heaps over the years and only sold two things. The first was only for a small amount of money at it arrived within 2 weeks, the other was for much more money and it took them over a month because of their refund facility and they charged a heap for the service as well as ebay charging heaps.

That's the last thing I sold on ebay, now if I want to sell anything, do it on gumtree with no costs at all. Was told regular sellers get a better deal, but not sure about that and have notice private sellers have dropped off selling on ebay and it is mainly retailers. They now offer free listing, but the sale charges make up for that and when you add paypal, if it a big sum, you can lose a lot.

I'm sure others may have other experiences with them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to spook For This Useful Post:

xapi (23-04-17)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Thanks Spook for your answer. Can others please give me some more input on this on how long should it take for me to get $2000 back from Paypal. My Daughters friend told me that it could take a month FFS. If this is the case what in the f.ck are they doing with my money, other peoples money in one month. I have been given a suggestion what they have been doing with our money over this month period but not sure if they are that greedy.

Thanks

When you sell an item the money should go straight into your account within 10 minutes from when the customer pays. You have to then go to your PayPal and chose which bank account to transfer it to. Usually the process takes around 3-5 business days. However, if you randomly receive a large deposit of a few thousand it may bring up some red flags and PP may be suspicious, that's why they may hold the payment until they can confirm that it's actually you. But, if PP sees that the money is coming from eBay it shouldn't be a problem, just follow their TOS and don't sell anything like Alcohol or Bitcoin and you should be fine. I'd call up PP and ask them just to be safe. By the way, eBay takes 8-9% per sale and PP takes around 3% so you may as well sell it on Gumtree for free.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OverWatch For This Useful Post:

tristen (31-01-16),xapi (23-04-17)

Thanks

ebay and paypal - they've become stupid ... too much commission

Thanks

Yep been with eBay & PP for 10 years, something happened to me after I sold a car part for $100 and it took 90 days to clear. yeah keeps my money for 90 days and keep the bank interest on the money too, how much money PP will make on ALL the pending money?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Just asking
    Call them and have a go at them. It normally takes about a day back into my comm account. Once it didnt and wouldnt transfer. They said their automatic security was blocking it but as a user it gives no reference to that on their site. So they basically sit on your money and earn interest off you (this adds up for them when they have a gazillion users).

Make the transfer again but in smaller amounts like 200 then 400 etc. I did multiple transfers and got mine within a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

• 23-03-20, 02:53 AM