Thread: Aldi Bauhn Tablet possible Malware problem.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Aldi Bauhn Tablet possible Malware problem.

A Friend has the 10 inch Tablet the model after mine said when he searches for anything, he keeps getting misdirected.
    Not only that but when I asked him to try in 'Settings' to open his APP manager, it refuses to do so.
    I had a similar problem recently on the desk top when I allowed another 'Search Engine' to change my settings and the Members here showed me how to delete this program in the Browser (Firefox) Plugins.
    I think thats whats happened to him but I dont know how or where to find the program responsible and that he cannot open his Apps Manager concerns me.
    I think he said he had done a reset but that wouldnt clear it if its a 'program' he's allowed to 'infiltrate' the Tablet.
    Both of the Tablets are using Android Icecream, only his is later than mine also his has the SIM card where mine doesnt.

Any suggestions please?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Wouldn't there be a "reset to factory defaults" or something along those lines?

Thanks

gordon_s1942, maybe one of the experts will give you a better answer, but I did help a mate out with problem app, and maybe this will allow you to get into the setting etc and see what the problem is, try booting into safe mode, you may need to goggle search for how to do this for that flavor of Android.

Premium Member

Thanks

TZB, I believe he has already done this BUT when he reloaded whatever was saved, it could have come back to infect the Tablet.
    The only thing I could think of that might work is to do is to 'SAVE' everything to a USB stick, do the Reboot and see what happens before 'restoring' whats been 'Saved'.
    I suggested to him that maybe a 'RESTORE' to an earlier date MIGHT help but neither of us know how to do that on a Tablet or even if you can do it.

mudcrab, I havent got a clue how to 'Boot in Safe Mode' on a Tablet as you do on a Lap/Desktop and I am not real good at doing it on them either !!!
    Most times its the Computer itself that has started in SAFE Mode by itself and frightened the hell out of me.

This is the part of using a Computer I steer well clear of, like going into DOS and BIOS which I have had to do a few times but I genuinely hate doing it.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Safe mode is indispensable when it comes to troubleshooting pesky software problems on your computer. But have you ever wished that a similar feature existed on your Android device? It does, and it’s easy to .
    While in safe mode, you won't be able to open any apps you've downloaded onto your phone / tablet, and a "Safe mode" badge will appear in the lower left corner of your screen. You may find safe mode useful if you’re trying to determine whether an issue you’re having with your phone is due to an app you’ve installed, or due to Android itself.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (29-10-15),tristen (30-10-15)

Premium Member

Thanks

Thank you jwoegerbauer for that and apart from keeping it for my own use (NEVER, I hope) I shall pass it on.
    I think he's in the market for a replacement but he has to count his pennies carefully so its not definate yet but should he decide to replace it, no doubt he would give this a try without the fear of freezing up the Tablet.

Thanks

Hi gordon_s1942,

I think it is better to do a hard reset to the tablet. To do this, usually you keep pressed "up volume" + "down volume" + "power" when the tablet is switched off. Then you select Reset, but be careful to backup all personal data, because it erases all.

Cheers

Premium Member

Thanks

I have no idea what my friend eventually ended up doing with that Tablet.

It DIED completely and is now Cyber Heaven........................
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 02-02-16 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks

His lucky its actually working
    We had and returned 4 different Aldi tablets all died

Premium Member

Thanks

I still have in occasional use the 10 inch Aldi we bought 2~3 years ago and except for an erratic habit of unexpectedly shutting down, it still works fine.
    It was the first experience of using a tablet and it took us some time to get used to it but it I am not sorry I bought it at all as I believe we our our moneys worth from it.

Thanks

In the end we got our money back
    broken mini usbx1,dead battery got replacedx2,just stopped x3
    It was sent for repair/replaced 4 times before we gave up.
    So far only the tablets and an upright vacuum cleaner are the only bits we sent back from Aldi