Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Nine HD in 2016 plus new Lifestyle Channel

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Escape_from_Oz View Post
    That depends on if Nine Ent Co contributes any funding towards production, which they don't so I would say no it does not allow Nine Ent Co to enhance its position on local content broadcasting.

So did a rescan for SOUTH COAST NSW (since I'm down here in the region for holidays) and now see that WIN no longer broadcast GOLD2 instead its now doing Extra (same Nine main East Coast feed) so that's a change from the previous deal, its a start as WIN were actually making decent as sales from GOLD and GOLD2.

I would say that 9Life is not far away and 9HD starting soon.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

WIN no longer broadcast GOLD2 instead its now doing Extra
    NBN Television had extra & extra+2 ..... extra+2 stopped broadcasting in the Newcastle viewing area about (or just before) 9HD & 9 Life were added to the metropolitan stations list

although extra+2 is not broadcasting it is still showing signal strength & signal quality on that "place holder" .... & just a blank screen (used to be 8 NBN services scanned in now there are 7 services scanned in)
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 21-01-16 at 09:24 AM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

WIN (Orange/Dubbo) shows EXTRA on 82, GOLD on 84 presently.

Escape_from OZ may be correct but I am not holding my breathe for 9LIFE or 9HD starting anytime soon.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (21-01-16)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    WIN (Orange/Dubbo) shows EXTRA on 82, GOLD on 84 presently.

Escape_from OZ may be correct but I am not holding my breathe for 9LIFE or 9HD starting anytime soon.
    I only noticed it 2 days ago when I did a rescan and then re-blocked all the shopping channels (Aspire, TV4ME (MPEG4), iShopTV (MPEG4), Racing.Com (MPEG4), GOLD & Extra).

I would think that all the WIN regions that provided Nine feed would all now have Extra replacing Gold2, changing the antenna position to receive Wollongong feed have the same WIN LCN as WIN SOUTH COAST NSW.

As Gordon said WIN Central West NSW also have Extra instead of GOLD2.

So changes are being made, slowly but being made.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Escape_from_Oz For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (21-01-16)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    NBN Television had extra & extra+2 ..... extra+2 stopped broadcasting in the Newcastle viewing area about (or just before) 9HD & 9 Life were added to the metropolitan stations list

although extra+2 is not broadcasting it is still showing signal strength & signal quality on that "place holder" .... & just a blank screen (used to be 8 NBN services scanned in now there are 7 services scanned in)
    Extra 2 has been decommissioned since 9Life took over the bandwidth/LCN position so that explains why NBN does not have that channel (nor Imparga regional zones or Darwin).

I'm still surprised that NBN which is owned by Nine Ent Co does not have the same channel line up as its parent owner.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Escape_from_Oz For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (21-01-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Extra 2 has been decommissioned since 9Life took over the bandwidth/LCN position so that explains why NBN does not have that channel (nor Imparga regional zones or Darwin).

I'm still surprised that NBN which is owned by Nine Ent Co does not have the same channel line up as its parent owner.
    My guess is NBN is Rural/Regional and comes under the idiotic LCN system which say for SEVEN you go 6, for NINE you go 8 and TEN you go 5 for christsake!!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I phoned NBN and asked if I put up a 30 meter antenna like 80% of Newcastle once had to pick up Sydney channels, could I pick up 9HD?
    They put me through to some tech that said it would have to be vhf and not uhf and would depend on the weather etc. Also said that they are still working on getting the equipment to broadcast new HD ie MP4.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adams View Post
    I phoned NBN and asked if I put up a 30 meter antenna like 80% of Newcastle once had to pick up Sydney channels, could I pick up 9HD?
    They put me through to some tech that said it would have to be vhf and not uhf and would depend on the weather etc. Also said that they are still working on getting the equipment to broadcast new HD ie MP4.
    It's not an antenna thread, but I very much doubt there were many masts over 15 metres. (30 metres = 100 feet).

Parts of Newcastle can receive Sydney channels.... it's all about location.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (29-01-16)

Thanks

Well I am only estimating what I saw as a kid in the 70’s. Nearly every house had one and if you didn’t you only got 3 and 5 (NBN & ABC). My objective was to make the local channel thick it was going to lose viewers to another region if they kept broadcasting in SD.

Banned
    Thanks

Digital modulation QAM64 would be the issue here.

DVB-T simply put does not that the same range of signal as the previous analogue system, then again its so much more streamline nkw needing less power to acheive resnoable distance.

Nine wanting to know where your located and asking for an email address is bogus when Seven let's you watch what 7 owned station around Australia with no membership needed to view. It's Nine trying to get info so they can target market advertising to you, typical Nine BS attitude.

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567